At the bottom of my outgoing messages I have an Auto Signature that reads : "Sent via my BlackBerry Q10 | Ce me envoy� avec mon BlackBerry Q10". However, when I create a new e-mail using BlackBerry Blend, there's no auto signature.

My first thought was to create a Word Substitution entry and to manually insert the signature line using the designated short-cut but, of course, Word Substitution is not available either, nor the custom dictionary.

Without these features, Blend won't be quite as useful to me as initially thought. I use dozens of pre-defined phrases/text blocks in my work related correspondence, so Word Substitution is an enormous time saver for me (one of the reasons why I can often crank-out messages far faster on my BlackBerry than on my laptop).

It would be great if Blend could fetch the Auto Signature from your hand held device as it opens the new message template on screen. That, in itself, would be a welcome enhancement from my perspective.

BlackBerry Blend - No Auto Signature / Word Substitution-ys.jpg
    deltact likes this.
    02-22-15 07:45 PM
    Would indeed.

Maybe next update?
    Rubarth12 likes this.
    02-22-15 07:48 PM
    Fingers crossed ! In my case, it allows me to say "Hey, I'm proud to use a BlackBerry", which is why I have one on my Q10 and Playbook. For a business, it could be the company name (e.g., "Screwem, Goode and Howe, LLC -- Attorneys at Law") and possibly a tag line, so it does offer value.
    02-22-15 08:28 PM
    Email signature on Blend would be good.

Not so sure about word substitutions on a pc physical keyboard. If you are a veteran in typing on a keyboard (not punching keys with a finger each stroke), then I would find it hard to believe that having this feature would be any beneficial to the majority.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:46 PM
    I confess I'm not a fantastic typist by any means, but some thirty plus years of banging away at the keyboard have helped somewhat. However, as noted above, I use a lot of canned phrases/standard replies in my work, which I can access by pressing the "$" symbol followed by a one or two character abbreviation. So, for example, "$p" typed in the subject header becomes "Project #", and "$no" in the message body inserts the text that you see below, complete with salutation and closing block:

BlackBerry Blend - No Auto Signature / Word Substitution-img_20150222_233440.png

Basically, couple keystrokes, then press Send. So, I agree that Word Substitution would be of little benefit to most Blend users. It happens to be an extremely valuable tool to me, which is why I'll continue to use my Q10 for much of my business related correspondence.
    02-22-15 10:06 PM
    Would indeed.

Maybe next update?
    Auto correct is for word shortcuts. By now everyone over 15 should be able to touch type o a keyboard without its need.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:36 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but was auto correct even mentioned in this thread?
    02-22-15 10:40 PM
    I am not even sure what he means since this is A BLEND feature the OP is asking for...
    02-23-15 08:28 AM
    I'm guessing that appending the Auto Signature to the message body is a fairly straightforward enhancement and that it would have no real impact on performance. That's the only item on my wish list thus far, other than the ability to turn off those annoying connection notifications that pop-up on the Hub.

Word Substitution and a link to the custom dictionary won't likely be possible, and that's understandable. For these types of semi-automated messages, I can always reach for my Q10.
    02-23-15 08:57 AM
    I'm guessing that appending the Auto Signature to the message body is a fairly straightforward enhancement and that it would have no real impact on performance. That's the only item on my wish list thus far, other than the ability to turn off those annoying connection notifications that pop-up on the Hub.

Word Substitution and a link to the custom dictionary won't likely be possible, and that's understandable. For these types of semi-automated messages, I can always reach for my Q10.
    They can build it in or tap into the OS Blend is running over. Not impossible at all
    HereinHalifax likes this.
    02-23-15 10:07 AM
    I would support both ideas, signatures and word sub would be awesome.
    HereinHalifax and diegonei like this.
    02-23-15 10:37 AM
    That's encouraging, diegonei, because the lack of a spell checker is another major weakness of Blend. Not a huge issue in casual conversations amongst friends, but it can be deadly embarrassing with regards to business correspondence. Typos and misspelling tell the reader that you're either a) sloppy and unprofessional and, worse yet, that you don't care, or b) you're one chromosome removed from the village id*ot. Neither scenario is very flattering, and your credibility takes a hit, i.e., "If he can't even write coherently, how can I trust him to help manage my business". It's easy to make mistakes when you're in a rush, so a spell checker is an important safety net.
    02-23-15 10:44 AM
    Unless I'm on myZ30, no matter the cliend I'm going to send the email from, I always push the content through a spell check capable software.

Best practices and all that.

But yeah, I too support this idea. Maybe they can even have Blend hook into the BB10 database for this....
    02-23-15 11:36 AM
    There's a clunky workaround with respect to the Auto Signature issue. You can create a new message on your hand held device and immediately save it as a draft. Once you've done this, you can open it in Blend and begin typing the message body. Not an ideal solution, but it does work.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can save messages in Blend and repeat the process in reverse. That's unfortunate because this would allow you to run your messages through the BlackBerry spell checker (and custom dictionary) prior to clicking Send. Also, you could be working on a message and get called away from your desk. What do you do then?
    02-23-15 05:09 PM
    There's a clunky workaround with respect to the Auto Signature issue. You can create a new message on your hand held device and immediately save it as a draft. Once you've done this, you can open it in Blend and begin typing the message body. Not an ideal solution, but it does work.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can save messages in Blend and repeat the process in reverse. That's unfortunate because this would allow you to run your messages through the BlackBerry spell checker (and custom dictionary) prior to clicking Send. Also, you could be working on a message and get called away from your desk. What do you do then?
    When I start a message in Blend, it does appear in my device, allowing me to finish it and use the device's spell check.
    HereinHalifax likes this.
    02-23-15 05:41 PM
    When I start a message in Blend, it does appear in my device, allowing me to finish it and use the device's spell check.
    Ah, that is indeed the case. If you click Cancel, you have the option to save your message. I had been looking for a dedicated Save command as you have on your hand held device. Thanks, Bonsaibo.
    02-23-15 05:51 PM
    Totally found it by accident, but was happy I did. It helps a bit with some of the missing functionality in Blend. Glad I could share.
    02-23-15 05:53 PM
    Would be cool if we could also change the call forwarding from Blend. That way if I ever leave my phone at home, I can log into a computer, connect to Blend and change the call forwarding to a landline or another mobile phone when I'm at work.

We should have a "Blend ideas" thread.

But does it blend? Yes. Yes it does.
    02-25-15 06:41 AM
    That would be cool, vgorous. There are no doubt dozens of enhancements and refinements that could be made, and probably many more things that haven't been utilised to their full potential as we continue to get acquainted with the product. What we do have shows tremendous promise, and I hope BlackBerry invests the time and effort to bring it to full maturity.

Sometimes, it's the small things that we tend to overlook that turn out to be the most useful. For example, the ability to switch to another application or document that's open on screen, and copying and pasting the text from this source window into the message body. That's something that in many cases is not possible on my Q10.
    02-25-15 08:09 AM
    Ok I don't see my auto signature on the blend screen, but if I look at the sent mail on the phone and in the replies that I get and the signature is there. I get the ideas that Blend sends the message to the phone, the signature is added and sent. This would make sense with the spell check as well. The message is crafted in Blend, that has no spell check, then sent to the phone to be sent out.

Authored on the Q10
    02-25-15 08:44 PM
    Ok I don't see my auto signature on the blend screen, but if I look at the sent mail on the phone and in the replies that I get and the signature is there. I get the ideas that Blend sends the message to the phone, the signature is added and sent. This would make sense with the spell check as well. The message is crafted in Blend, that has no spell check, then sent to the phone to be sent out.
    Unfortunately, that hasn't been true for me. Mine is missing.
    02-25-15 08:55 PM