Hi

I am fed up with all BlackBerry Bashing.

Every day I read article about BlackBerry loosing market share in EMM about BlackBerry going down. Every day I hear people saying that BlackBerry is dead and that MDM leaders are Airwatch and MobileIron.

We need BlackBerry to stand against these statements and to show people that they are alive and their business on software and EMM is growing !

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:21 PM
    Every day I read article about BlackBerry loosing market share in EMM about BlackBerry going down. Every day I hear people saying that BlackBerry is dead and that MDM leaders are Airwatch and MobileIron.
    Stop reading those who post such things.
    07-01-15 05:28 PM
    If you keep throwing stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination. The best way for BlackBerry to respond to its critics is with positive results. However, the occasional response to something that is blatantly false / misleading is highly appropriate.
    07-01-15 05:31 PM
    I have to. I am a Telecom engineer and I provide it solutions for our customers. I have to face detractors of BlackBerry within colleagues, customers and even partners.

We need more than what a BlackBerry account manager said to me last time : we can do nothing against these articles.

BlackBerry can and must do something to clean their image.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:42 PM
    If you keep throwing stones at every dog that barks, you will never get to your destination. The best way for BlackBerry to respond to its critics is with positive results. However, the occasional response to something that is blatantly false / misleading is highly appropriate.
    Totally agree about the great results. But they also have to fact check and do some good looking communication campaigns

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-01-15 05:44 PM
    Go your own way. I do, and life is sweet.

I pay no mind to people saying I "Should" do this or "Shouldn't" do that or that BlackBerry is going toes-up. I use one and that's all that matters to me.

I travel extensively. Use a classic Berry on an Airplane these days and somebody is bound to say, "Wow, you are still using one of THOSE?" I say, "Of course, I need to get business done, not post to Facebook and watch movies." Everything in life is subjective. You listen to the music YOU like, you drive the care YOU like, you watch TV shows YOU like, you wear clothes YOU like, you style your hair the way YOU like. Same with a Phone. You carry a phone YOU like. The heck with the rest of the people saying you should or shouldn't carry it. They don't pay your bills, you do. So they have no say in what you do with a phone.

There are still millions of BIS users worldwide, let alone the new BB10 platform. The numbers may be small by comparison, but they are not tiny when it comes to raw numbers. Case and point;

Ask Dr. Pepper if it minds having 1 percent of the Cola market. They'll say HELL NO! We LOVE or 1 percent! Why? The Cola Market is a 100 Billion Dollar a year market. Would YOU want 1 percent of 100 billion? I sure would. Same with BlackBerry. 1 or 2 or 3 percent of the MASSIVE Cellular Phone market is HUGE in raw numbers. And it will most likely go up as Berry keeps innovating.

Life is good. Berry in hand.
    07-01-15 05:53 PM
    I think that's the issue, it's out there, other people will listen to the same. Ignorance isn't the solution, BlackBerry needs to be the one to discredit and stand up for itself, it's users shouldn't be the only ones trying to promote and market them. We pay to use their devices, we're not paid to market it, that's their job!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:03 PM
    Meh. The day I begin giving a damn about what anyone thinks of the phone I use (whether a BlackBerry, or any other), is the day I hopefully get hit by a train. I don't care about what tech bloggers have to say, I don't care about what the carriers and their employees have to say and I sure as hell don't care about what the general public has to say.

Software and licensing revenues were up $137 million, which is a 150% increase over Q1 from FY 2014. The general consensus was that they needed to be in the 80 million range, to be on plan. They crushed that one.

They also had a positive cash flow of $123 million this quarter. They lost .05 per share, but that is an improvement from the .11 loss, last quarter. They are on the right track. Software and tech licensing is where this company will make its money. Handsets, are an okay business, but they can be hard to get good margins on, Software and tech licensing, on the other hand, are where it's at for this company.

BlackBerry is doing quite well and is ahead of schedule in its goals. Most tech writers (and pretty much ALL tech bloggers) wouldn't know their *** from a balance sheet, if their lives depended on it. As for your colleagues, customers and partners... Well, colleagues are about useless, quite frankly, or at least that has been my experience. Customers will think what they like, but at the end of the day, if your solution is putting more money in their pockets, you'll be just fine. The partners I can't speak about, as only you know the dynamic there.
    rarsen and klingon like this.
    07-01-15 07:43 PM
    I say, "Of course, I need to get business done, not post to Facebook and watch movies."
    ...nothing says Blackberry is state of the art like implying that it cannot post to facebook or handle a movie.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:06 PM
    Go your own way. I do, and life is sweet.

There are still millions of BIS users worldwide, let alone the new BB10 platform. The numbers may be small by comparison, but they are not tiny when it comes to raw numbers. Case and point;

Life is good. Berry in hand.
    BIS is only used on BB07 legacy phones is it not? Has not BlackBerry announced that they will no longer be supporting BB07 as well they should! The numbers are dwindling rapidly and as such the new focus is on software simply because BB10 devices are not selling in a significant number in order to replace the existing BB07 users!

Very hard situation to face for BlackBerry, losing 10 million users or more per year and only selling 5 million new devices or less per year.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2204
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-01-15 08:48 PM
    Hey, I went thru this with:

Atari ST, Commodore Amiga, Apple in the 90's, Sega saturn, Sega dreamcast, Palm Pixi, HP veer and so on.....
    I just moved from the iphone (used Apple for 7 years and want a change) to a Q10.
    So as long as you enjoy it and/or it gets the job done, dont worry about what others say.

OH i forgot to add the HP touchpad !!! go it when they went super cheap and loved it !! Was thinking about a playbook but hey, who can say no to a fire sale ?
    Pcmx likes this.
    07-01-15 09:14 PM
    Hi

I am fed up with all BlackBerry Bashing.

We need BlackBerry to stand against these statements and to show people that they are alive and their business on software and EMM is growing !

Posted via CB10
    I hear more Blackberry bashing here then anywhere else. I joined Crackberry to learn about Blackberry NOT to hear why people use another make of phone. If I want to learn about other brands I would go to their blogs or sites. Seems like many bitter people here.
    07-01-15 11:01 PM
    The bottom line is actually the bottom line... Until BB starts showing sustained growth and profits over the next 2 years.... this nonsense will continue.... Considering Royal Bank of Scotland has gone BES 12 and away from MobileIron... A big steal for BB.... an not too concerned what people think or actually do know as in the end BB is in the big Con game called the Stock Market... with so many short stocks out there expect the negativity to continue.... has nothing to do with how good BB is doing... has to do with how investors have gambled with their "Bets" err investments....
    07-01-15 11:10 PM
    ...nothing says Blackberry is state of the art like implying that it cannot post to facebook or handle a movie.

Posted via CB10
    You missed the point. I never implied it could not do those things. I simply stated that I carry a Berry for Business and not to be a Social Butterfly or watch Entertainment. Of COURSE it can do those things. That's obvious. But that's not why I choose to stay with BlackBerry.

I have a friend that's still on a 9900 and runs an incredibly successful company. He gets hammered by his employees that are all on iPhones. They constantly say, "Get rid of that Dinosaur and get a REAL phone"

He replies, "I need to get sh*t done, and this device is made for productivity, not play."
    07-01-15 11:19 PM
    BIS is only used on BB07 legacy phones is it not? Has not BlackBerry announced that they will no longer be supporting BB07 as well they should! The numbers are dwindling rapidly and as such the new focus is on software simply because BB10 devices are not selling in a significant number in order to replace the existing BB07 users!

Very hard situation to face for BlackBerry, losing 10 million users or more per year and only selling 5 million new devices or less per year.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2204
    No, BIS is used for all legacy Berries, not just OS7. I had a 9780 running OS6 until a few weeks ago, linked to a Playbook via Bridge. Killer Combo, but I finally replaced it with a 9900.

BIS still has excellent value. If you travel internationally, I can assure you that BIS Roaming will save you a substantial amount of money. My T-Mo package only charged me $20 a month extra for unlimited BIS roaming to just about every country.

Some of us will continue to use BIS in one form or another until it finally gets the plug pulled.

I'm NOT saying BIS is better or worse than BB10 and that new platform outside of the BIS servers. I'm simply stating it's different, and because of the differences it has added value in certain circumstances. Some still prefer it.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    07-01-15 11:25 PM
    There is also countries like Morocco that still force BB10 users to pay for bis to alow BBM BB Protect and other services...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:06 AM
    I think that's the issue, it's out there, other people will listen to the same. Ignorance isn't the solution, BlackBerry needs to be the one to discredit and stand up for itself, it's users shouldn't be the only ones trying to promote and market them. We pay to use their devices, we're not paid to market it, that's their job!

Posted via CB10
    It's not ignorance. I'm fully aware of the situation.. because of that, I'm not going around reading every half-cocked post about BlackBerry and stressing about it. As for your comments about not being paid to market for them.... well the two aren't even directly related. How does reading junk about BlackBerry mean you need to go out and market for them? If you don't like the idea of that... then don't do it.. just like you have the option to not read junk posts. Some people vote with their wallet...some people vote with their clicks. Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from and have felt the same way in the past as well, but there's only so much you can do. You really can't force people to like/buy/adopt BlackBerry. Like you said, that's up to BlackBerry.

These issues with BlackBerry have existed for years now and as much as we'd all like to see BlackBerry 'fight back' it's very rare for them to do so. Truthfully, they've fought back more recently than they ever have in the past. As KemKev said, the only way to shut naysayers up is to post some positive results and as dbmalloy noted, as long as BBRY remains on the stock market in questionable shape there's going to be people messing with it. Just look at who writes the majority of the junk, it's not tech bloggers. It's analysts and stock watchers.

As terrible as it sounds, I'm kind of glad BlackBerry has gone a bit radio silent. It's much better than in the past where they had a habit of overpromising and underdelivering. Now, they aren't saying much of anything and are just working through their transition.. hopefully with some great results, even if it's not the same BlackBerry.
    07-02-15 03:13 AM
    You missed the point. I never implied it could not do those things. I simply stated that I carry a Berry for Business and not to be a Social Butterfly or watch Entertainment. Of COURSE it can do those things. That's obvious. But that's not why I choose to stay with BlackBerry.
    "
    Actually, from your OP, you are implying to people on the plane that it can't do these things.

Here's the thing: my BlackBerry is an awesome productivity tool. But as a professional, I also like to do things that have nothing to do with work. I use facebook on my BlackBerry (gasp!) and I watch movies and other videos on my BlackBerry. I also play games and use other apps that don't have anything to do with work.

I think you're doing BlackBerry a disservice by implying that it's only for business.

Unfortunately, if we the BlackBerry users want to continue to see this great product grow, we need to discuss it in a positive light. Nobody else (including BlackBerry themselves) is doing a good job of this.

Posted via my (temporary) BlackBerry Classic
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-02-15 07:33 AM
    I'm sure iOS is tired of us bashing apple

Z10
    07-02-15 07:56 AM
    Great post...I like the Dr. Pepper analogy. However Dr. Pepper is not an independent company. It is owned by Coca Cola. Coke gets to leverage its buying power to make lots of money on each can of pop (did you know that Coke is cheaper than bottled water in a Africa?).

So this parallel would make sense say if Samsung or Apple bought BlackBerry and kept making their phones. Is this our solution? If Apple did buy BB...that would be my last day as a BB user. A big reason why I use BB is I believe in Canadian businesses. Remember ATI in Markham Ontario...they got bought out by AMD in the USA. I liked ATI a lot better when they were Canadian...now I don't care about them and use NVidia video cards.
    07-02-15 09:42 AM
    Almost every investor looks at BBRY and goes:
    "BB only sold x number of phones, oh noe! sell the stocks!!! buy Apple!!!"
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    07-02-15 09:54 AM
    Impressions are so big in society that devices can be summed up with one word like dinosaur, trash, toy. If only the status symbolism and fanboi-ism could be cast aside enough to see that most if not all smartphones are powerful, social, media, game, productivity machines.. I used an iPod touch as my main device for a while waiting for the Z10, to most it was a toy, or an mp3 player, and of course it does more, and to me it was a full fledged computer (Why don't you get an iPhone already? I'm waiting for a BlackBerry. them roll eyes).

I think there are some who believe if you want something different that you are disagreeing with them or giving an fu to conventional ways. They may want you to give it up already and share in their sentiment or re-affirm their choices with others sharing the same things as them and go against or poke fun at you.

I could only imagine if one could bring a bag full of these "computers" back to the 80s to the review of someone unbiased on branding what kind of impressions they might have - I think it would be far from bashing. Fast paced tech has many seeing beyond the effective usefulness of any device and with BlackBerry having been a pioneer in smartphones, it may seem like a stodgy old "enterprise only" dinosaur of the bunch. We all know that that's not true but it's hard to ignore mass impressions.
    07-02-15 10:25 AM
    BlackBerry is doing quite well and is ahead of schedule in its goals.
    How's BlackBerry doing on that goal to sell 10M units a year... Opps... Guess you forgot about that one.

Says BlackBerry CEO, "If we ship 10 million phones in a year, we'll be profitable on phones" | CrackBerry.com
    07-02-15 10:45 AM
    OP--You want BB to be something that BB doesn't want to be anymore and isn't capable of being even if they did want to.
    07-02-15 10:46 AM
    Almost every investor looks at BBRY and goes:
    "BB only sold x number of phones, oh noe! sell the stocks!!! buy Apple!!!"
    I think those that are investing in BBRY, say holly ****, the stock is almost at a 52 week low since the last earnings report, time to invest more money.

BlackBerry Bashing-screen-shot-2015-07-02-11.53.40-am.png
    07-02-15 10:55 AM
36 12