Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how to add files to the "Work" portion of the BlackBerry Balance filesystem? I have a bunch of powerpoints I'd like to store on my phone but can't figure out how to get them into the "Work" space.

Nothing for Balance shows up in BlackBerry Link and when I connect the phone via USB and add files they only show up in "Personal". I understand that you're not able to copy/paste text from Personal to Work etc but there has to be a way to load files onto Work..?

Thanks
    02-13-13 09:21 AM
    That's a very good question and would also like to know.
    02-13-13 09:44 AM
    Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how to add files to the "Work" portion of the BlackBerry Balance filesystem? I have a bunch of powerpoints I'd like to store on my phone but can't figure out how to get them into the "Work" space.

Nothing for Balance shows up in BlackBerry Link and when I connect the phone via USB and add files they only show up in "Personal". I understand that you're not able to copy/paste text from Personal to Work etc but there has to be a way to load files onto Work..?

Thanks
    Emailing them to your work account and reading it and downloading it in the corporate workspace is one workaround.
    02-13-13 10:25 AM
    Probably have to add the files directly a directory on your company's file server that you have access to on the BB10.Once loaded you should be able to see them/download them in the work partition. I can't see BB allowing end-users to directly upload files into the phone's work partition, that would undermine all of the security.
    02-13-13 10:27 AM
    I've tested emailing attachments and saving into corp workspace. Works 100%. This should do for documents, for now.
    02-13-13 10:35 AM
    I'm starting to think that some of this stuff isn't implemented yet.

I've been poking around the BlackBerry Device Service and some of the IT Policies read:

"This rule applies only to BlackBerry devices version 10.1.0 and higher. "

My Z10 is running 10.0.9.348. I'm guessing 10.1 will be out with the US launch or sometime in the near future.

FYI the IT policies that control it are:

"Computer Access to Work Space"
    Specify whether a computer can access work space content on a BlackBerry device More... using a USB connection or the file-sharing option with Wi-Fi.

If you do not set this rule, a default value of "Allow (default)" will be used.

This rule applies only to BlackBerry devices version 10.1.0 and higher

"Work Domains"
    Specify a list of domain names that a BlackBerry device identifies as work More... resources. If you specify domain names in this rule, the device identifies data from a computer in these domains as work data. Data sent from these domains to the device using the Print To Go application will be stored in the work space on the device. All of the subdomains of the domain are included automatically. If you list multiple domain names, separate the domain names with a comma (,), semicolon (, or space. For example, if your organization has multiple domains, type example.com, example.net, example.org.
    02-14-13 01:24 PM
    I just wanted to follow up on this.

There's an application in BlackBerry World called "BlackBerry Work Drives". I was able to push this app to "BlackBerry World - Work" in BlackBerry Device Service and load it on the 'Work' portion of the phone. From there you can add any networked drives at the office and access/copy your files that way.
    02-15-13 08:38 AM
    agree work drive app is the solution...
    02-15-13 11:44 AM