• 1 Post By lnichols
  • 3 Post By peter9477
  • 3 Post By taz323
  • 2 Post By gorang
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry 10 -what do you admire the most?

This is what I admire the most

I as many others look at BB10 as not an OS, but more so a software system atop of an OS (QNX). This allows RIM, IMHO of course to develop the platform at an accelerated pace to that of the competition. The OS and software system (BB10 ), are essentially seperate entities to a degree, allowing RIM to bulldoze through coding. Having software isolated with the microkernel allows for software to be added and removed without affecting the OS. RIM can develop this platform powerfully and very quickly.

The evolution of this platform is gonna be FAST! Fast and powerful! That's what I love about it

What do you admire?
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,865 Global Posts

that it's going to be here in 28 days.
    CrackBerry Master

It better be a "Fast" 28 days at that!
    missing_K-W likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    ...The final nail in a decade-long destruction of RIM, a once driven and insightful company.
    Re visit this forum in a little more then a month and we will see if you are able to say that. Opinion is one thing, but RIM is going to prove they are not going anywhere anytime soon. This is a BB forum for people that love the phones and RIM as a company. If you wanna go bash, it's not appreciated or needed here. Even some of the negative reviews made on the new berries, are being switched around ever so slightly once they actually see what this phone is capable of doing! The BUZZ is on! GO RIM! Show us what ya got for us!
    Thanked by:
    missing_K-W (01-02-2013) 
    missing_K-W likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

Quote Originally Posted by missing_K-W View Post

What do you admire?
    Its BlackBerry, that's about it.

For me, BlackBerry is intuitively useful, and granted this phone is arguably two years late, it's BlackBerry, and I have no doubt they will pick up where the fell asleep over two years ago...
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

jakie55 and missing_K-W like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts

I like the fact that they can release any ARMv7 based device running the approved version of Neutrino, approved version of the crypto kernel, and the device is FIPS approved, even with major software updates to other parts of the OS. This will allow RIM to certify devices before they are released or on release day, just like they have done with the first batch of BB10 devices. Customer's will not have to wait for months after a new version of software is released for the device to go through FIPS again before using the software. I don't think there is another OS available on a phone, tablet, or media device right now that has this level of flexibility. RIM please release a router/firewall running BB10 because that device would be approved in the same way.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

As a developer, I admire the fact that security is exceptional and piracy may be very scarce on this platform. It makes me want to write many useful apps for it.

As a user, you should probably admire that, too. ;-)
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,912 Global Posts

+ 1: Security.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

Multitasking!!!11
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by tharrison4815 View Post
    Multitasking!!!11
    Attttta boy!
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    6,046 Global Posts

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 -what do you admire the most?

I admire the fact that Rim never gave up ,with all the bad press they continued to move forward, the press slammed the PB,and Rim just kept up with the updates and still is, can not waite to see how BB10 and the PB are going to work together.
    howarmat, jakie55 and peter9477 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    I admire the fact that Rim never gave up ,with all the bad press they continued to move forward, the press slammed the PB,and Rim just kept up with the updates and still is, can not waite to see how BB10 and the PB are going to work together.
    Agreed. RIM took the hard road. They could have gone with Android, Windows 8 or just given up and sell off their assets. Instead, they pressed on with BB10 and as a result, all consumers benefit from having another player in the marketplace.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Genius

The thing I admire most about bb10 so far is that after having been a qwerty user for over a decade now, I would actually be happy to use the vkb on the l-series which is not the case with any ios, android or bb vkb I have used in the past.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I admire that a 'dead company' instead of selling everything that's worth anything decided to buy 15 companies and come up with something they believe will take them well into the future.
    DJM626 and peter9477 like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by gorang View Post
    I admire that a 'dead company' instead of selling everything that's worth anything decided to buy 15 companies and come up with something they believe will take them well into the future.
    And I certainly hope it does take them well into the future. For starters, if it gets me by for another two years or until the Aristo is out, I am a happy man! Didn't mean to say gets me by, as I am sure I will be very impressed with it, and it WILL be all that it is cracked up to be