I am aware who owns it. Did not need that info. It is an app they chose to include, period. The same app with the same functionality was an app on bb7 and is available on other platforms.
    The point is, it's not a third party application. It's core functionality provided by BlackBerry.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    10-19-13 12:13 PM
    BB 10 also manages memory much better on its own than any Windows or Android smartphone I've used in past 10 years.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and JesseBabe23 like this.
    10-19-13 12:20 PM
    Pages, numbers, keynote, iPhoto, and iMovie are free with the purchase of the 5s/5c.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    They're not "free", the prices of the 5s/5c reflects that.
    10-19-13 12:53 PM
    Docs To Go is a core BB10 feature that cannot be installed. And for your information, BlackBerry owns the company DataViz which creates Docs To Go.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    Docs To Go can be installed, on Android.

Attachment 211801
    10-19-13 12:55 PM
    Again, don't need a app world account to get going on your phone like you do with iTunes, you want to pick about being silly out of the box will having to go app hunting to do something another platform offers out of the box could be equally silly. We can go back or forth, just sayin it's nice to not have to search and download apps right away just to get up and going, can do that with my z10 right away but with my work issued 4s, have to always search to do stuff which wastes my time. But that's just me.

And as far as better, the latest facebook app for BlackBerry blows iphones away now with the latest enhancements, but if you never used both you wouldn't see that. As a user of both, I prefer the BlackBerry versions.

Posted via CB10
    While facebook on BB10 blows away the iOS version, Foursquare on iOS blows away both Android and BB10 versions.

At the end of the day, user experience is subjective and based on personal preference.
    kbz1960, SDTRMG and AluminiumRims like this.
    10-19-13 01:00 PM
    Dying? Far from it. Only getting bigger every day. And as it "leeching apps off android", no, it's not. If the developer decides to bring it to BB10 then it's not from Android, it's from the developer. Side-loading is a different story, but that's not actually allowed even.

Posted via CB10
    Just because side-loading isn't allowed doesn't mean BlackBerry actively prevent it nor do they promote it outside of BlackBerry World.
    10-19-13 01:03 PM
    Here's another fact: there's too many 'what's the best platform' threads. The bottom line is that you have choice and that fact alone makes you a winner. It's no good making a decision then wanting constant reassurance that you made the right one or choosing a phone and then insisting all others are crap and even manufacturing reasons to support your reasoning. The problem with these threads is that each platform has strengths and weaknesses so where one OS wins in one department, it loses in another.
    So what happens is that a user lists a unique function of one OS and claims that that is why the platform is clearly superior, someone else steps up to insist his platform is better for another reason. And so on.... it never ends.

In conclusion, there is no platform that is better than another, just one that fits your needs better. That's the truth of the matter and always will be.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    Thank you.
    10-19-13 01:04 PM
    I have spent much time in other threads pointing out incorrect comparisons or statements about OS's, including BB10. I don't have the energy for it at the moment as it seems to never end and most are simply emotional and biased anyway.

The problem you have is that few care about base OS vs base OS. It is meaningless at its core, unless you are against free enhancements, which would seem stupid. Most people care about the overall experience, which does include core OS functions but also so much more. You buy the whole not just the OS when you buy the phone.

You use the word inferior. I don't consider BB10 necessarily inferior, but I do consider it the less preferred and robust overall choice for my needs and wants. Your choice of items to compare cover a lot, but not what I might have listed. This is your preference and opinion, but nothing is absolute. It is limited to Base OS. Btw, Docs to Go is a third party app, not core BB10 feature, and it is also on iOS.
    If you don't have enough energy to tell me what's wrong with my list then why did you comment in the first place?

Also, Docs To Go was acquired by BBRY and is now a core part of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 03:30 PM
    Pages, numbers, keynote, iPhoto, and iMovie are free with the purchase of the 5s/5c.

The fact that you have to buy a new device to get them for free says a lot.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and clickitykeys like this.
    10-19-13 03:36 PM
    The fact that you have to buy a new device to get them for free says a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm, not really.

10-19-13 03:40 PM
    Ummm, not really.

Ummm, yeah. There is a difference between getting something for free and getting something for free if you buy this new product that was just released a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 03:50 PM
    Ummm, yeah. There is a difference between getting something for free and getting something for free if you buy this new product that was just released a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    No it's not. You stated something along the lines of iOS not having a native docs suite as well as story mode. I corrected you by telling you that both are free. Availability is irrelevant at this point.

richardat likes this.
    10-19-13 03:56 PM
    I know this has been discussed many times here, but I feel like a lot of people are missing the point. The general consensus is that BlackBerry has a good platform, but they are still a bit behind in terms of features. And after spending some time with both an iPad and a Nokia Lumia 1020 I have to say this is not true. Here's why:

iOS:
    - The multitasking user experience is better now with iOS 7, but everything is still being paused in the background.
    - No native file manager
    - You can't share files via Bluetooth
    - Sharing in general sucks: contacts can only be shared via email, calendar appointments can't be shared at all, tasks can't be shared, etc. On my BlackBerry I can share pretty much everything.
    - No Hub
    - No instant replies
    - No DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct or Miracast
    - Social media accounts need to be set up twice (once for sharing and the second time when you install the app)
    - Inferior email app: limited formating options (bold, italic, underline), no invite to meeting, no option to load external images, no colour coding, no priority box, no smart search, no filter, no attachments hub and so on...
    - Inferior keyboard
    - Inferior calendar app: no agenda view, no people view, can't select colours, no mobile conferencing.
    - No Docs To Go
    - No Story Maker
    - Limited Picture Editor

Windows Phone 8:
    - The multitasking experience is even worse than what iOS has.
    - Limited copy-paste functionality (can't copy paste between apps, the clipboard is cleared every time the phone locks)
    - Limited sharing functionality: for example you can't share a video from the video player. On a BlackBerry 10 device you can share anything from everywhere (even a selected word).
    - Inferior keyboard (though a bit better than the iOS one)
    - Unconsistent video player behaviour: no way to move the progress slider if you're watching a video from the browser
    - No quick settings menu
    - No file manager
    - No DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct or Miracast
    - No Hub, but at least you can link inboxes
    - No instant replies
    - No compass app
    - Can't take notes from the phone app
    - Inferior email and calendar apps: same problems as iOS basically
    - If you are trying to share a photo and the phone goes in standby, the process is stopped (this is extremely annoying)

So in conclusion, BlackBerry 10 has more features than both iOS and WP8, yet people still consider it an inferior OS. And I'm not talking about user experience here, I didn't want personal preference to be a factor in this comparison. You just get more done and in a more elegant way with a BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    We all know and recognize BB10 OS is the best mobile platform in the world by far because we are the real users who actually experience it. People who consider it as an inferior OS are those ignorant average consumers or the naysayers.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:23 PM
    People are disregarding it because it doesn't bringing anything new to the table. The design is boring, the UI looks dull (mainly due to those shadows),the camera pales to the competition, bad battery life, not to mention it has the worst ecosystem. Why would someone pay what blackberry is asking for an os10 device when they can get an iOS/android/Winmo device for the same price and have access to high quality business/productivity/entertainment software? It's not rocket science. I bought the z10 and I actually liked the device, however I was pissed when I found out that it was missing a music equalizer (a device aimed at consumers is missing this important feature) as well as a proper notification system. Blackberry 10 has some great features, but from an overall perspective the devices can't sit at the same table as the big three.

I'm sorry you come off the exact same way for ios, considering your using an iphone 5s.

I have a:
    ipad
    iphone 5
    Ipod 4
    Ipod nano
    WP Lumia 920
    Nexus 4
    Nexus S
    Samsung gio
    LG thrill 3d
    Samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 8gb
    4 blackberry 10 devices
    Among others

And most of what they say about bb10 being better out the box is true, could you imagine if bb10 was 7 years old like ios and not less then 1? , ios only gets better with apps, without apps it's almost as basic as a feature phone. I own all these device, use most of them and like them all, they all have pros and cons, but blackberry and bb10 deserve more credit, as in a out the box feature list (like Samsung did before) bb10 puts the ios to shame. Wont even get in to windows phone, I've been there since windows mobile.

In the end it comes down to personal preference when choosing an o's and I believe if the media didn't focus on reporting anything bad and nothing good on BlackBerry, they'd be doing a lot better today. Considering they had better marketing aswell.

BlackBerry 10 vs. iOS vs. Windows Phone 8-img_20131096_1_edit_1.jpg

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-19-13 05:12 PM
    No it's not. You stated something along the lines of iOS not having a native docs suite as well as story mode. I corrected you by telling you that both are free. Availability is irrelevant at this point.

Your wrong, because I couldnt get them for free on my iPhone 5 and or ipad 4? And I'm guessing any of the hundreds of millions of ios users who don't have the 5s or 5c can't either. Docs to go comes on all BlackBerry free, I'm not sure what part of what he's saying you don't understand? Lol

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-19-13 05:45 PM
    Your wrong, because I couldnt get them for free on my iPhone 5 and or ipad 4? And I'm guessing any of the hundreds of millions of ios users who don't have the 5s or 5c can't either. Docs to go comes on all BlackBerry free, I'm not sure what part of what he's saying you don't understand? Lol

How am I wrong? I stated that the iwork suite as well as iPhoto/iMovie is free for the 5s/5c. I believe any iOS device that's compatible with ios7 activated after 9/1 can get them for free. He stated that iOS doesn't have a native/free document suite. Thats no longer true. *shrugs*

10-19-13 06:30 PM
    I'm sorry you come off the exact same way for ios, considering your using an iphone 5s.

I have a:
    ipad
    iphone 5
    Ipod 4
    Ipod nano
    WP Lumia 920
    Nexus 4
    Nexus S
    Samsung gio
    LG thrill 3d
    Samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 8gb
    4 blackberry 10 devices
    Among others

And most of what they say about bb10 being better out the box is true, could you imagine if bb10 was 7 years old like ios and not less then 1? , ios only gets better with apps, without apps it's almost as basic as a feature phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131096_1_edit_1.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	211856

Thanks for stating the obvious. Apps/ecosystems are important when it comes to smartphones (considering people use their devices for everything under the sun nowadays). That's part of the "duh" factor.

10-19-13 06:39 PM

Docs to Go only comes on newer BB's free. By your logic, it is not free as it only comes if you buy a newer device. The same logic works for Pages and others, as they are now free on newer iPhones. Same situation, just a short time difference between the occurrences. rofl
    richardat likes this.
    10-19-13 07:25 PM
    If you don't have enough energy to tell me what's wrong with my list then why did you comment in the first place?

Also, Docs To Go was acquired by BBRY and is now a core part of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    You did not get my point at all about your comparisons being based only on the points you either value or wanted to make, not a full review. I also clearly pointed out that I don't agree with just comparing base OS with base OS. I don't think I needed to run down your points one for one in order to reply. Should have specified that at the beginning if you wanted that as are participation requirement.

Glad you like your choice. I don't dog on BB10 just for the heck of it. I think it is a pretty good OS, but my experience with it was bad in the early days in terms of bugs. It does not measure up enough in terms of battery life, functionality (including ecosystem and apps), and reliability/quality for me to switch.
    richardat likes this.
    10-19-13 07:46 PM
    How am I wrong? I stated that the iwork suite as well as iPhoto/iMovie is free for the 5s/5c. I believe any iOS device that's compatible with ios7 activated after 9/1 can get them for free. He stated that iOS doesn't have a native/free document suite. Thats no longer true. *shrugs*

He did state it doesn't have a native app, which it does, most users on ios will have to pay to use those apps, compared to the 15 million 5s/5c users. You guys came in his thread boasting about apps this and that when he clearly was talking from a out of box experience.

10-19-13 08:10 PM
    Thanks for stating the obvious. Apps/ecosystems are important when it comes to smartphones (considering people use their devices for everything under the sun nowadays). That's part of the "duh" factor.

Duhh? This whole thread had nothing to do with apps rill hurt ios fans came yelling and screaming about them. Most of what he stated was correct.

There's more apps on android and Android can do a hell of a lot more then all o's? So with people's logic in this thread ios is inferior and missing many features?

10-19-13 08:12 PM
    Docs to Go only comes on newer BB's free. By your logic, it is not free as it only comes if you buy a newer device. The same logic works for Pages and others, as they are now free on newer iPhones. Same situation, just a short time difference between the occurrences. rofl
    Did I once mention bbos? Nope! You can't even use Bb10 and bbos as an example because there written in different, have different kernels etc. Bbos was java bb10 is qnx. Were talking about bb10, ios, and Wp. Ios 5, ios 6, and ios 7 are still the same os. I stand by my original statement.

10-19-13 08:13 PM
    I don't find a lot of people saying the OS is inferior. Most people I've shown the phone off to are surprised by what it does, albeit a bit skeptical of the swiping thing. Mostly the negativity seems directed at the lack of apps, camera, reboots, contacts management and email management. They have fixed most, if not all, of the issues they had at launch but unfortunately you don't get do-overs on first impressions.
    I have had a few people kind of smirk at the swiping. That is until I show them a real world demonstration of the capabilities and speed of the swiping. Then they just kinda don't say anything and look at their phones.

Posted via SEGA master system
    10-19-13 08:28 PM
    Did I once mention bbos? Nope! You can't even use Bb10 and bbos as an example because there written in different, have different kernels etc. Bbos was java bb10 is qnx. Were talking about bb10, ios, and Wp. Ios 5, ios 6, and ios 7 are still the same os. I stand by my original statement.

Omg please have some level of logic that is reasonable and objective. BB is a continuation of BB phone offerings, period. No one is diagnosing the core code. Just to note WP8 is a completely different OS than WP7. Did you even know that? Do you know how much versions of IOS or Android share?

The point is that all modern platforms now offer office products built in natively with all new phones. Took iOS a bit longer than the rest, but it is a fact. You can debate it from a crazy viewpoint all you want.
    10-19-13 08:30 PM
    BB10>every other OS bar none.

/thread

Unrivalled Fluidity of BB10.
    10-19-13 08:44 PM
179 ... 23456 ...