CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry 10 volume controls?

Does anyone know if BB10 or just Blackberry in general has seperate volume controls for media,incall volume and ringer/notifications volumes?I was very close to buying a Nokia 820 phone until I used a demo model and found out that volume controls are all linked together,,,meaning that I'm listening to music on maximum volume(media) that all volume is set to maximum including ringer and in call volume,,,and the oppisite is also true,,,if listening to music set to low,,then all volume is set to low,,,I know this doesn't seem like such a big deal,,,but in everyday use it becomes a pain in the arse.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

you`d need a release copy of the OS to guarantee a yes or no. so nobody can answer that yet sorry.

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry Abuser

It sounds like a pain in the ***. The current blackberry devices aren't like that. I'm not sure about the Playbook (even though I have one). I highly doubt BB10 will be like that either
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Has anybody mentioned it on the dev devices? I havnt seen any mention in any of the videos.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

The reason I ask is because I'm currently using an android device but will be getting a London on release if not then soon after,,,and on my android all the volume controls are seperate,,I can have the ringer on mute,,,notifications set to medium,,,and be listening to music on full blast. Its more of a convience.

the dev devices dont have a media player or phone enabled, so like i said, you`ll have to wait just like everyone else to get clarification.

My Platinum 9900

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Sorry,,I wasn't fully aware of what the DEV devices capabilitis were,,,what about Blackberry phone in general? I've never owned a Blackberry so I'm completely ignorant about its OS and features.

Quote Originally Posted by dakken View Post
    Sorry,,I wasn't fully aware of what the DEV devices capabilitis were,,,what about Blackberry phone in general? I've never owned a Blackberry so I'm completely ignorant about its OS and features.
    BlackBerry 7 does what you would want, however as thorsten said there was not one line of code from BBOS in BB10, thats not going to shine any helpful insight for you sadly.

My Platinum 9900

CrackBerry Abuser

they are separate controls.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Thank you,,,any input is greatly appreciated. But I don't think not having seperate controls would deter from getting a BB10 device,,,its just something I'll have to get used to if it doesn't.
    CrackBerry Genius

My 9900 is the same buttons, but the settings only affect what is being used. IE if I'm on a call the volume can adjust, but then when I'm off the music volume is still the same as before I got the call.
    CrackBerry Genius

BB10 may not have any code from the previous OS's, but I'm sure they want to maintain some of the same basic functionality that they've always had. The separate volume settings for every part that uses sound in some way goes back to at least OS 4.5.

That's one of the main irritations of my wife's iPhone. She'll turn down the volume playing a game only to realize that she missed a call or two later on because the ringer is also turned down - being tied to one overall volume control.

BB having separate volume settings per notification (and independent of the volume buttons) is great and should not be lost in BB10.

Joel