check this out. shows off BlackBerry 10 voice commands. Looks pretty cool and I can't wait to see what else is included. Also that you can control your music from the device with voice too which I think is pretty neat.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry 10 voice control commands-bb-voice.jpg  
    Adam Zeis, EsJayDee and 1magine like this.
    01-14-13 08:11 AM
    Nice! I can tell my phone to play a particular song..hook that sucker up to my gateway while browsing the internet on my PlayBook with it hooked up to the TV via HDMI. I have no reason to leave my house. BB10 the cause of my slothfulness.
    mscooley, EsJayDee and jerryeight like this.
    01-14-13 09:40 AM
    I am curious what gesture will be used to activate the feature. Also I really want to click the need more info tab so I can find more examples! Very much looking forward to the unveiling! #BlackBerrybychoice
    01-14-13 10:47 AM
    I am curious what gesture will be used to activate the feature. #BlackBerrybychoice
    I think I remember seeing somewhere that the middle button on the volume rocker, the play/pause button, had a voice control symbol on it, which I would think would activate the voice control once held for a second on two, similarly to a key on the physical keyboard. Or this could simply be a false memory generated by the countless hours I spent watching BB10 videos and dreaming/thinking of what it can do haha
    01-14-13 11:00 AM
    Yeahhh we got Siri! Now I could look like a ***** talking to my phone
    magutwit likes this.
    01-14-13 11:17 AM
    hope it works better than 7.xxx voice dialing,,, even after going thru that 5 min ordeal of names & numbers to calibrate it, the thing still can't get a simple command correct,,, & its' pronounciation of even the easiest words is horrendeous...
    01-14-13 11:23 AM
    Yeahhh we got Siri! Now I could look like a ***** talking to my phone
    That's only if you talk to your phone in public. :-) Voice controls could be very convenient when used in the privacy of your home or while driving.
    01-14-13 11:57 AM
    That's going to be slick!!
    01-14-13 02:02 PM
    I don't know. It does not appear to be even as full featured as Vlingo.

I was also hoping for a SIRI like experience -
    "I need a cup of coffee" - -
    "I found several Dunkin Donuts near by. I know that's your favorite. Would you like directions?"

or "what time do I need to pick up KJ"
    "her plane lands at 3PM, but there is allot of traffic on I84 today. You should leave in 10 minutes. "

Obviously I haven't used this yet, but the picture above looks very limited.

Neuroszeer - Can you add some color to the music command portion of your posting. For example can we say "play music" or "play Jazz" or "play NOFX". The example photo shows no evidence that it will. That's why I ask. What about videos or other applications? I understand if you're reluctant to add more, but it would be appreciated.

I guess we'll all see in 2 weeks.
    01-14-13 03:00 PM
    It doesn't have as an example "play music" or "play Jazz" or "play NOFX". Which is not to say it won't have these things. But I see no evidence that it will.

I guess we'll all see in 2 weeks.
    Hahaha... NOFX... Nice!! You sir, just dated yourself wait... I think I just did too...
    01-14-13 03:09 PM
    Not to go off topic cjcampbell, but I just saw them at the Roxy with a bunch of under 21s a few months ago. "I heard they still suck live" is just a few years old. It's not like I said Sid Viscious - LMAO.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-14-13 03:13 PM
    Not to go off topic cjcampbell, but I just saw them at the Roxy with a bunch of under 21s a few months ago. "I heard they still suck live" is just a few years old. It's not like I said Sid Viscious - LMAO.
    Fair enough... I haven't followed them since my teenage years but your post sent me back to many interesting times

Back to topic..... Is this the voice control that's a part of the OS? How will others like the rumoured VIKI and the other (I forget what it's called) integrate into BB10?
    01-14-13 03:29 PM