Alrighty So this is my first post concerning blackberry 10 so if i skipped something please go easy on me..loll.

So after watching every second of the Blackberry Jam americas. i came to wonder about the design of the UI. im not talking bout the layout. im talking about the colour and the attention to detail. After hearing that the blackberry 10 will have a 356 ppi, i really expect RIM to put alot of time into their UI. Are the developer alpha A and B sporting a children's coloring book compared to the actual da vinci painting thats yet to be shown? I'm really betting on RIM to get everything right with all the time that were given to them. Mr. Heins pleasee let blackberry 10 live up to all the hype! Im cheering for RIM!!

I.am.Blackberry!
    10-04-12 03:53 AM
    What exactly is your complaint with the colours in BB10?

It may be me, but I find the colours fair enough, nothing to get overly excited about, but it look professional at least and not like a childs toy with lots of bright colours.

It has also been mentionned that the darker look/colours will help battery life as well, so it may also be for a reason.

Si.
    10-04-12 04:26 AM
    alright lemme ask it this way then.. The UI we see on the alpha devices, are those final?? or are they just rough sketches of the final UI?? im not complaining, i just need to kno if those alpha devices are showing us a rough sketch of all the good things to come regarding the layout..

I.am.Blackberry
    10-04-12 05:05 AM
    alright lemme ask it this way then.. The UI we see on the alpha devices, are those final?? or are they just rough sketches of the final UI?? im not complaining, i just need to kno if those alpha devices are showing us a rough sketch of all the good things to come regarding the layout..

I.am.Blackberry
    The UI is final. The OS feature set probably is not. They will probably polish it some more but its very close to the gold standard.
    There is one good reason for this. With BB10 3-4months away, RIM now wants developers to see, tweak and understand how their apps will perform on the real deal in good time and submit them for vetting ready for BB10.
    If you have been listening in between the noise, RIM will be open for BB10 apps on 10/10/2012. That's in 6 days time. Henceforth all apps optimised for thislatest UI will be also be good for the final BB10 build.
    A lot of work has gone into that UI and RIM wouldn't waste that time and the hype they made of it if it was a trial build.
    So start getting used to 'flow', 'peak', 'hub', waking', 'BB Balance' etc. They are here to stay.
    10-04-12 05:27 AM

I.am.Blackberry
    I'm pretty sure the general UI elements are pretty much final but doesn't mean it's 100% complete. I believe BlackBerry 10 is currently in Beta 3 which means small changes are still possible before the final "Gold Candidate" and "Gold" SDK's are released in November and December, respectively.
    10-04-12 05:33 AM
    I think what you're asking is that if they still have some polishing to do.

I'm pretty sure they do, because the icons and the words under the icons don't look like they're ready for consumer consumption. So yes, I believe they still need to polish the UI to make it look more appealing to the eye.

But the gestures, the elements like the hub, active frames, app tray, maneuvering throughout the OS etc is pretty much final.
    10-08-12 06:40 PM
    The UI is final.
    I'd dispute that... Has that ever even been implied, let along stated officially in any way?
    10-08-12 08:27 PM
    All we know is that the API set is final. The UI might see some changes (or significant changes as seen in the peek gesture from BB World to BB Jam Americas). None of us would know until BB10 actually launches...
    10-09-12 12:42 AM
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I think the BB10 UI looks great. I like it a lot better than the iOS UI.
    10-09-12 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD