Don't get me wrong I support the developers 100%, I appreciate their work with BB10. But I ask RIM, What about the Real Apps? When I 1st get my phone I look for my Main Apps which include. Google Voice, LinkedIn, FaceBook, Google+, Fring, Skype, Whatsapp, GPS, Speed Test, Chase, BofA, CNN, ShareBuilder, ect ect. Once I accomplish those main apps then I look for apps such as the developers are making now Currency converter, All In one Converter, Notes, Translator,Games ect ect. My question is, Yes I know developers are working hard at those apps BUT what is RIM doing to get Company Apps up and Running? I would like to see an App store filled with known apps such as Fring, Instagram, Google Voice. and not (sorry to say alternative Junk Non-Working Android apps like in the PlayBook) I was not impressed but the 250% increase in apps on the PlayBook and now a lil worried about BB10. If I could find a phone that can Multitask and have those main apps I mentioned above I would be the HAPPIEST man alive, Every Video Kevin has put up is amazing The apps just need to follow
    10-30-12 02:51 PM
    But works for you may not work for everyone..

From your list (Google Voice, LinkedIn, FaceBook, Google+, Fring, Skype, Whatsapp, GPS, Speed Test, Chase, BofA, CNN, ShareBuilder) I only see 2 Apps that even matter to me (LinkedIn and Facebook) and even at that, those aren't make or break for me.

I'm looking for things like great note and task integration for apps like Conqu, and Groovy notes. An awesome browser that enables me to access my bank website with out a mobile app. Better integration of BBM into Facebook and Twitter for cross platform communication so I don't have to use an unsecured battery hog like whatsApp . A great budget/finances tracking app like Money Plus (which I know is coming). Then there are the real needs like an awesome version of BB traffic with new map integration, Blaq/Twitter, Scoremobile, good stock app (not married to any, just needs to be good), cineplex, Blackberry conference with video option, Dropbox (which is going to be improved). Give me those and I'm a happy camper. I'm sure if you ask another person they may have a whole new set of needs.

I know everyone wants Skype, Instagram and Netflix bla bla bla but honestly not even on my radar. RIM has been putting a lot of effort into wooing developers and I'm confident that they'll be ready to make a splash on the app scene when BB10 gets here..
    10-30-12 03:44 PM
    No skype, google maps, and other google service, no instagram............ fb and all will be thr
    10-30-12 03:51 PM
    No skype, google maps, and other google service, no instagram............ fb and all will be thr
    Just because they haven't been announced yet doesn't mean they won't be there.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    10-30-12 04:53 PM

They told you this?

As for the OP, real apps as opposed to what ... fake apps? :-)
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    10-30-12 04:56 PM
    Real apps opposed to what.... GAMES being considered apps
    10-30-12 05:05 PM
    The thing is for some, GAMES are Apps and for them top of the list.... Hence the ongoing BB jam sessions and constant support for Apps (of all kinds).. RIM wants apps and all kinds, work and play for when they launch. RIM finally gets it and that's why Alec and the team have been bust their A$$ making sure developers feel the LOVE..
    10-30-12 05:13 PM
    Remember, we've been told there's a "top 100" list of desired apps for BB10, so presumably the ones the OP listed will all be there.

Some apps are linked to a specific bricks-and-mortar business (like the bank apps, for instance), and it's up to those companies to decide. In some cases that can be a strategic decision influenced by a number of things that not even RIM has control over. Other apps belong to direct competitors (anything Google, for instance), and it's doubtful that they could be bothered, at least not for launch ("call me when you've sold 10 mil" will be the most likely response there). I can't imagine an "app bounty" big enough to convince Google to port Voice over, for instance.

Apps that belong to independent companies stand the most likely chance. Particularly smaller companies who don't care much which platform they're on and for whom some assistance/$$$ from RIM would make a big difference.
    10-30-12 05:25 PM
    Real apps opposed to what.... GAMES being considered apps
    Games are the most popular app category.
    10-30-12 05:30 PM
    This should be interesting, though inevitably trollbait...

What are "real" apps?
    10-30-12 05:41 PM
    This could be offensive to all the current BlackBerry app developers...
    10-30-12 05:56 PM
    If u skip my 1st sentence then u should find it offensive. I have nothing but respect for the developers but as u can see what I ment by real apps. Me wanting a chase bank app over angry birds should not be offensive to anyone. Games are games not apps in my opinion
    10-30-12 07:38 PM
    If u skip my 1st sentence then u should find it offensive. I have nothing but respect for the developers but as u can see what I ment by real apps. Me wanting a chase bank app over angry birds should not be offensive to anyone. Games are games not apps in my opinion
    I read the whole thing, I'm just saying it could be...
    10-30-12 08:05 PM
    I would like everyone to get whatever they want. Obviously, this cannot happen in reality.
    I do understand the OP in that this is a new platform, so hopefully there will be something "new" in the form of apps/games to bring to the table.
    Some things we haven't had before would be nice.

My thing is what about people like me that have different desires.
    I just want to be able to do "EVERYTHING" I was able to do on my OS7 device!
    A lateral move to a new platform is fine with me as long as I don't start losing the things I need/want most.
    That is a step backwards to me. Even with a new platform.

An example of this is Google Voice. I use this on a daily basis.
    I want it. I also, feel as if it is integrated into my life so much that I need it.
    But I read statements like this that I really have to agree that I must take into consideration...
    I can't imagine an "app bounty" big enough to convince Google to port Voice over, for instance.
    That's just a single example.
    Everyone has different needs for the apps that they choose.

I just don't want to lose the ability to do the things I was able to do previously. At all.
    10-30-12 08:17 PM
    This is the third thread today I have read... maybe the mods should make a thread where the posters can ask the same question, much the way those leaving for coming back to BB can go.... as for the OP... Another great example of stating opinion as fact... yes in many users opinions these may be the top 100... but there are many such as myself who do not see the value of many of these apps... I am a gamer and am extremely happy with the game selection... I find all the productivity apps I need and want for none... so where do I fit into your "top 100"... when I read these threads I ask myself "why did these people buy a Playbook in the first place".... if these "top 100 apps" are so important why did they not just buy an Ipad or Android? .... has all there wish list... Love how many people think RIM can make a Goolge or a Microsoft... do anything... remember lucky if there are one million Playbooks out there..... compared to how many ipads..... face facts.. till BB10 becomes a "raging success" many developers will treat RIM as a niche market with in North America is exactly what RIM has become.....
    10-30-12 09:30 PM
    did you not see Kevin's post about this?? and how confident he is?

and like someone else said... DID SOMEONE TELL YOU THIS??
    10-30-12 10:02 PM
    did you not see Kevin's post about this?? and how confident he is?

and like someone else said... DID SOMEONE TELL YOU THIS??
    please read the kevin post in detail about instagram...... just read the last paragraph.. you will get the answer....... as far as skype and google is concerned the reason why i said this is simply google never supported or attached much of his offering after android,(gtalk, before android and after that it was never updated to send files to non bb users, group conversation and voice), google maps was never integrated in bb, even u need to download it via google website nt appstore and its a old thing of past, no voice guided and other things.
    Second why i said skype: the reason behind is, microsoft owns skype and they are betting on more integrated skype in windows 8, skype was never been part of bb ecosystem(only verison offered it coz they have contractual agreement with skype on this).
    skype was pretty blunt on their support and never even a whisker we got a hint that they are thinking about comin to bb........

another logical reason to support my words...... in march there was a follow up where RIM was about to start a VOIP based service with video capabilities which will work globally with carriers to reduce the roamin and calling charges, and might be video is also thr......

now how a bb deveoted user can come out of this jinx about looking for other competitors to provide the service. my answer is quite simple..... RIM needs to look for cross plateform service, or say support a company and make a new service like skype for cross plateforms. dont forget BB users dont have a SINGLE good video call or cross plateform stuff... they rely on their ecosystem and i think they need to look for this aspect till they become self competent to make their own services.
    this is the thing which can turn the tide for them.

click on thanx if you consider my assumptions worth looking at...... negative or possitive.. its all about open discussion and it always helps to get the right proposition..... thankyou
    10-31-12 02:56 PM
    Well I'm Sorry if it came out wrong. I have nothing but respect for the developers, A lot of freaking time and hard work go into making an app successful and I tip my hat off 2 u... Good luck to ALL developers
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-08-12 11:08 AM
    Or maybe he's referring to the butter of apps, like "I can't believe it's not an app!"
    11-08-12 12:02 PM
    Just a wild thought i had when reading this post ...... Can the big companies with their own interests in the mobile segment deliberately have poor or no apps for BlackBerry 10 ?
    Im thinking Google could skip a Google+ or a Google Maps app or create very basic versions only, like no support for Google Hangouts, or street view. Microsoft could withhold the Skype app, and their Sky Drive to attract customers to WP8.
    Is this something that could actually happen ? Or is there something to keep them going like a silent understanding, mutual respect, or an anti-trust law ?

I hope RIM has good relationships with all companies, and can get them to make seriously good apps for BB10. I like how Microsoft made the SmartGlass available to Android and iOS ... Hoping BlackBerry 10 gets a slice of the cake too.
    11-08-12 02:59 PM