Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Marvin-13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Blackberry 10 release?

    There was an article posted the other day about BB10 possibly being released in January. Based on everything else Thor said, I agree with a lot of you and I don't think that is what he meant. However, he DID say that the launch would be delayed only 2 months, which means, if they originally planned to launch BB10 in q4 (December 31, at the latest), then Bb10 should be out by late February to early March at the latest. Let's just assume February. If so, I'm counting down. 7 months to go. Bring it on!
  2. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,822 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    The launch is now January 2013.
  3. Gooner26's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    He said January so why are u thinkin feb - I know RIM have been poor at release dates but just sit tight and we will see it in January.
  4. Marvin-13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gooner26 View Post
    He said January so why are u thinkin feb - I know RIM have been poor at release dates but just sit tight and we will see it in January.
    http://crackberry.com/rim-ceo-interv...erry-10-launch

    Go back and read the update and some of the comments.
  5. oddboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    noted on cp24.com today... "RIM will aim to first put the product in the hands of BlackBerry fans in an attempt to create a "grassroot buzz" marketing campaign, Boulben said.

    Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/rim-chairwoman-says-board-is-confident-executive-team-will-move-company-forward-1.872508#ixzz20Es6SM8U"
  6. renz824's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I think it will probably come out in Feb or March.. 9900 was out a month or two later after the announced date
  7. Spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,993 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,709 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I'm curious about the actual release date also, but I'm more curious (interested) whether BB10 will be the North American SAVIOR for RIM
  8. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I think thorsten said to be available in jan so im sure carriers will have it in octoberish
  9. kfh227's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    If you piece all comments they've made together, it can be reasoned that internally, they are planning for a January 2013 release. That is their internal plan. Publicly, they are being clear. It could be as late as the end of March. They are stating this clearly because they don't want another delay announcement.
  10. J.R. Squire's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    83 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I am a very loyal Blackberry user. Currently 9930 on Verizon.. However,I am sick and tired of the endless expected release dates. I amtired of defending it against iphoneand android. Why can't RIM get this phone to market and reestablish themselves as the real smartphone makers.The iphone and android are adult toys first and phones second. BB is thre most secure and reliable phoneon the planet. Also, how many damn apps does any one person need or use on one phone. RIM, Bring the damn phone to the market place.
  11. jeroen_13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,760 Posts
    PIN
    Just PM
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Squire View Post
    I am a very loyal Blackberry user. Currently 9930 on Verizon.. However,I am sick and tired of the endless expected release dates. I amtired of defending it against iphoneand android. Why can't RIM get this phone to market and reestablish themselves as the real smartphone makers.The iphone and android are adult toys first and phones second. BB is thre most secure and reliable phoneon the planet. Also, how many damn apps does any one person need or use on one phone. RIM, Bring the damn phone to the market place.
    i totally agree with that ! just bring in the phone !!!!
    ❤ button

    ✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
    Thanked by:
    J.R. Squire (08-05-2012) 
  12. Blackberry_boffin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    705 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    The keywords are "launch" and "release".
    Do pay attention.
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
    - Albert Einstein
  13. TrioGM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default Re: Blackberry 10 release?

    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/1...eveloper+Blog)

    If you enter here you'll see in the chart that it says "Consumer Experience" on January 2013. Although, the web page is about BlackBerry AppWorld, it doesn't says that the dev alpha owners will experience this change but consumers will, so BB10 would be released somewhen on January.
  14. peter9477's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default Re: Blackberry 10 release?

    Quote Originally Posted by TrioGM View Post
    If you enter here you'll see in the chart that it says "Consumer Experience" on January 2013. Although, the web page is about BlackBerry AppWorld, it doesn't says that the dev alpha owners will experience this change but consumers will, so BB10 would be released somewhen on January.
    I'm afraid you're jumping to conclusions with that... the article also mentions BB OS, which has its own App World client, and there's also the public web site to consider. Nothing in that article can be taken as suggesting anything more than that BB10 will not actually launch before January, which of course we already knew... It can still launch up until the end of March and neither break any public timeframes they've mentioned, nor be inconsistent with what that article says.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
  15. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,878 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,902 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default Re: Blackberry 10 release?

    It can't be before January because the submission of Apps end January21st.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
  16. qyk1010101's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default Re: Blackberry 10 release?

    Quote Originally Posted by oddboy View Post
    noted on cp24.com today... "RIM will aim to first put the product in the hands of BlackBerry fans in an attempt to create a "grassroot buzz" marketing campaign, Boulben said.

    Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/rim-chairwoman-says-board-is-confident-executive-team-will-move-company-forward-1.872508#ixzz20Es6SM8U"
    that's actually a very decent strategy - for conquering the consumer market

    But i feel that RIM is confused. With features like BB Balance they obviously are trying to appeal to corporate customers. Why would a reasonable individual person be attracted to BB balance? I really have no idea who RIM is trying to sell to. extremely fragmented strategy.
  17. aragone79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    691 Posts
    #17  

    Default Blackberry 10 release?

    Quote Originally Posted by qyk1010101 View Post
    that's actually a very decent strategy - for conquering the consumer market

    But i feel that RIM is confused. With features like BB Balance they obviously are trying to appeal to corporate customers. Why would a reasonable individual person be attracted to BB balance? I really have no idea who RIM is trying to sell to. extremely fragmented strategy.
    blackberry balance is a good and powerfull feature for bb10. Today, many companies don't supply their employees with company's smartphones. Still, the company itself allow its employees to connect with its server for sustaining the work and the bussiness.

    So, for consumers which I mean in upper sentences, blackberry balance is a new way to get work and personal purposes to be separated in at best way. We can do our work and we can still cheer up our personal life in a single smartphone, that is BB10.



    Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

    HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

    9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
  18. peter9477's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default Re: Blackberry 10 release?

    Quote Originally Posted by qyk1010101 View Post
    But i feel that RIM is confused. With features like BB Balance they obviously are trying to appeal to corporate customers. Why would a reasonable individual person be attracted to BB balance? I really have no idea who RIM is trying to sell to. extremely fragmented strategy.
    I would suggest waiting until they actually do start trying to sell BB10. Before then you can hardly call it a strategy, other than one largely involving silence.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.

Posting Permissions