There was an article posted the other day about BB10 possibly being released in January. Based on everything else Thor said, I agree with a lot of you and I don't think that is what he meant. However, he DID say that the launch would be delayed only 2 months, which means, if they originally planned to launch BB10 in q4 (December 31, at the latest), then Bb10 should be out by late February to early March at the latest. Let's just assume February. If so, I'm counting down. 7 months to go. Bring it on!
    07-10-12 02:47 AM
    The launch is now January 2013.
    07-10-12 04:51 AM
    He said January so why are u thinkin feb - I know RIM have been poor at release dates but just sit tight and we will see it in January.
    07-10-12 05:17 AM
    He said January so why are u thinkin feb - I know RIM have been poor at release dates but just sit tight and we will see it in January.
    http://crackberry.com/rim-ceo-interv...erry-10-launch

Go back and read the update and some of the comments.
    07-10-12 11:09 AM
    noted on cp24.com today... "RIM will aim to first put the product in the hands of BlackBerry fans in an attempt to create a "grassroot buzz" marketing campaign, Boulben said.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/rim-chairwoman-says-board-is-confident-executive-team-will-move-company-forward-1.872508#ixzz20Es6SM8U"
    07-10-12 11:45 AM
    I think it will probably come out in Feb or March.. 9900 was out a month or two later after the announced date
    07-23-12 09:39 PM
    I'm curious about the actual release date also, but I'm more curious (interested) whether BB10 will be the North American SAVIOR for RIM
    07-23-12 09:53 PM
    I think thorsten said to be available in jan so im sure carriers will have it in octoberish
    07-24-12 04:48 AM
    If you piece all comments they've made together, it can be reasoned that internally, they are planning for a January 2013 release. That is their internal plan. Publicly, they are being clear. It could be as late as the end of March. They are stating this clearly because they don't want another delay announcement.
    07-24-12 06:23 PM
    I am a very loyal Blackberry user. Currently 9930 on Verizon.. However,I am sick and tired of the endless expected release dates. I amtired of defending it against iphoneand android. Why can't RIM get this phone to market and reestablish themselves as the real smartphone makers.The iphone and android are adult toys first and phones second. BB is thre most secure and reliable phoneon the planet. Also, how many damn apps does any one person need or use on one phone. RIM, Bring the damn phone to the market place.
    08-04-12 09:54 PM
    I am a very loyal Blackberry user. Currently 9930 on Verizon.. However,I am sick and tired of the endless expected release dates. I amtired of defending it against iphoneand android. Why can't RIM get this phone to market and reestablish themselves as the real smartphone makers.The iphone and android are adult toys first and phones second. BB is thre most secure and reliable phoneon the planet. Also, how many damn apps does any one person need or use on one phone. RIM, Bring the damn phone to the market place.
    i totally agree with that ! just bring in the phone !!!!
    J.R. Squire likes this.
    08-05-12 05:18 AM
    The keywords are "launch" and "release".
    Do pay attention.
    08-05-12 11:30 AM
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/1...eveloper+Blog)

If you enter here you'll see in the chart that it says "Consumer Experience" on January 2013. Although, the web page is about BlackBerry AppWorld, it doesn't says that the dev alpha owners will experience this change but consumers will, so BB10 would be released somewhen on January.
    11-05-12 12:06 PM
    If you enter here you'll see in the chart that it says "Consumer Experience" on January 2013. Although, the web page is about BlackBerry AppWorld, it doesn't says that the dev alpha owners will experience this change but consumers will, so BB10 would be released somewhen on January.
    I'm afraid you're jumping to conclusions with that... the article also mentions BB OS, which has its own App World client, and there's also the public web site to consider. Nothing in that article can be taken as suggesting anything more than that BB10 will not actually launch before January, which of course we already knew... It can still launch up until the end of March and neither break any public timeframes they've mentioned, nor be inconsistent with what that article says.
    11-05-12 04:32 PM
    It can't be before January because the submission of Apps end January21st.
    11-06-12 12:57 AM
    noted on cp24.com today... "RIM will aim to first put the product in the hands of BlackBerry fans in an attempt to create a "grassroot buzz" marketing campaign, Boulben said.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/rim-chairwoman-says-board-is-confident-executive-team-will-move-company-forward-1.872508#ixzz20Es6SM8U"
    that's actually a very decent strategy - for conquering the consumer market

But i feel that RIM is confused. With features like BB Balance they obviously are trying to appeal to corporate customers. Why would a reasonable individual person be attracted to BB balance? I really have no idea who RIM is trying to sell to. extremely fragmented strategy.
    11-06-12 01:13 AM
    that's actually a very decent strategy - for conquering the consumer market

But i feel that RIM is confused. With features like BB Balance they obviously are trying to appeal to corporate customers. Why would a reasonable individual person be attracted to BB balance? I really have no idea who RIM is trying to sell to. extremely fragmented strategy.
    blackberry balance is a good and powerfull feature for bb10. Today, many companies don't supply their employees with company's smartphones. Still, the company itself allow its employees to connect with its server for sustaining the work and the bussiness.

So, for consumers which I mean in upper sentences, blackberry balance is a new way to get work and personal purposes to be separated in at best way. We can do our work and we can still cheer up our personal life in a single smartphone, that is BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    11-06-12 01:34 AM
    I would suggest waiting until they actually do start trying to sell BB10. Before then you can hardly call it a strategy, other than one largely involving silence.
    11-07-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD