Blackberry 10 most wanted features and Apps - I included what most crackberry users requested here
• Native timer feature to allow you to get in the shot• Native Panoramic pictures to capture those beautiful landscapes• Better Low light abilities• A fix for white eyes (not red eyes) I find this happens a lot in night shots with the flash on the Z10• WHY can’t we use the Flash for the time shift camera feature? Even if it just stays on like it does for the video recording mode would be better than pure darkness.• After Screen capture it would be nice to have easy access to the image like after you take a picture with the camera by having the image at the bottom left hand corner of the screenPictures/Picture Editing
• An option to start in recent or albums• After you edit a picture the option to save and replace or Save as an edited fileAuto Text
• We need Carriage return in the auto text (for those long messages that I keep sending and for different signatures on emails etc)BBM
• Carriage return on BBMAlarm & Bedside Mode
• Multiple alarm times• More clock faces and colours• Bedside mode the ability to choose a profile in bedside mode not just (allow phone to ring, The ringer I have in the daytime gives me a heart attack when it rings at night. Also I would like to receive BBMs at night but not Text messages, I use BBM for Business)• An option in bedside mode to have certain contacts marked as important to ring through in bedside mode. Example your child or mother, etc..Keyboard
• Have an option in bedside mode to allow important contacts to ring through. Be able to mark a contact as important in contacts• I’d like to see the Question mark with the letters not the numbers. Who uses the ? with the numbers????• Pattern Phone lock or a pin lock would be great.Hub
• Make a timer option to have the Hub reset to where you like it when you leave the hub to go to another app New users are very confused when they go to the hub and they are in a BBM conversation or a text conversation etcMain screen
• The ability to post a status update to multiple places (like on my old 9900) change my status to “who wants to Party tonight” on Facebook, twitter, BBM, Whatsapp, etc…
• A customizable info bar at the top of the screenVoice Controlo Have an option to show the date along with the time
o Show battery percentage
o Battery percentage
• Add more features and functionality to voice controlMusic
• Have an option to get emails read to you (maybe when blue tooth is on or have a driving mode)
• Have an option to have web pages read to you.
• Don’t auto start playing music when the blue tooth connects• voice control change songs while driving obviously need a driving mode profile maybe on Bluetooth connection• Ability to view songs in a list, not only by genre, artist, or album• Normalize for Music app, ensures the same output level consistently. Most music apps have this featureBrowser
• An easy to access desktop or mobile mode• An option to start at homepage, recent, or favoritesPhone
Files folders and app options
• Be able to click on a number in a web page and call it
• Fit more than 16 shortcuts in a folder (I have 2 games folders because all my games won’t fit into one folder)Notifications
• Be able to create a folder within a folder.
• Password protect a file (photo, document, video, etc..)
• Have the option of installing apps on the Memory card due to lack of space on the device
• Password protect an app (you may not want someone to open your Facebook, etc.)
• The ability to customize different ring tones and volumes for different email accounts• Phone ringer seems to be too low most of the timeOthers
• Data usage monitorApps improvements
• Sometimes when you zoom into a web page or email you can’t scroll around in it please fix that.
• DON’T bring up the volume in the middle of the screen when I lower or raise the volume. Make it see through and smaller and maybe even lower
• It would be cool to swipe minimized applications away (like on the playbook) as well as clicking the x to close them. Mot very important functionally but just really cool.
• Live and/or panoramic wallpapers that extend to multiple pages are cooln
• Facebook – share a post
• Facebook – view video in landscape
• Music Player-Driving mode ability (big buttons)
• Contacts-Auto link same contacts or option to delete multiple records
• Jelly bean 4.2 player so we can get more apps that aren’t yet available to us
• Make installing bar files easier just like android allows you to click on an apk and install it. Why can't we do that with a bar file?
Last edited by compaqdeskpr; 06-12-13 at 01:16 PM.Thanked by 16:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
backfire101 (04-11-13), BionicKris (04-16-13), colin97 (05-01-13), Damatrix02 (04-23-13), Eskibo (04-23-13), Hamilton Guy (04-12-13), hondaf17 (04-26-13), Javid Gozalov (04-15-13), jay_men (04-11-13), khehl (04-14-13), R Field (04-26-13), saakhus (04-25-13), schmeat (04-12-13), Shantanu Gupta (06-26-13), deiop (04-14-13), tonytraj17 (04-14-13)
- 04-11-13, 07:30 PM #6
Make it so opening the browser takes you to your bookmarks
Opening pictures takes you to album veiw and not recent.
opening music takes me to albums/songs/genre
Hiding icons, pictures, apps, ectBriniaSona
Graphic Artist of Sanctity Design
Founder and Administrator of Kwandrivia: Action Roleplay Forum
and CrackBerry's Biggest Anime Fan
- 04-11-13, 08:36 PM #7
Am I the only one who wants an email icon? If there is a text one, why not an email one? Although, if the hub reset to the main hub, I guess it wouldn't be as bad...but still would like to see an email icon. And to dial contacts from the phone dialpad.
- 04-11-13, 09:32 PM #9
You know I bet all the bazillion other threads have these missing features too...why don't you just continue on one of those threads instead of making up a new one when there are TONS of these already?
Posted via CB10I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
The reason why
Those other threads are very messy and the suggestions are all over the place no one is going to see everything . This one is
very neat and structured. I've also spent much time and added what many others suggested, if we hope to get someone from BlackBerry to see our requests it should look like this.
- CrackBerry Newbie
04-11-13, 11:24 PM #11
- 1 Posts
For the bedside mode, I'd like the ability to mark a contact (or maybe a contacts particular number/email/BBM/etc) as "important "...then when in bedside mode...always let the important contact through.
Ex: on the road...wife calls at 2am...her cell is flagged as important...the phone rings, regardless of whether the phone is in bedside mode or not...
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Master
04-12-13, 01:09 AM #13
- 1,273 Posts
I wrote a little app to do this. Clipboard Dialer scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the selected text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
- 04-12-13, 01:47 AM #14
I find it odd that people think blackberry doesn't know about these these missing, I mean most of them bbos7 could do but you have to take in to consideration bbos7, ios, and android are 5-9 years old. Had years to had those features. Now I'm not saying blackberry should and will take years, I'm just saying there pushing to make the os as complete as it can but it gonna take time. Rome wasn't built in a day.
My ipad and iPhone still can't attacth documents to emails with some work around.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-12-13, 09:47 AM #17
- 322 Posts
But blackberry has been on the market now for how long and their still rolling out devices that aren't as perfect as it should be. Remember the PlayBook debacle? Kinda weird that their missing a lot of stuff seeing as how it was important in bbo7 and had 2 years to do it
Posted via CB10
- 04-12-13, 12:24 PM #21
I'd be willing to bet that BB 10 engineers have whiteboard upon whiteboard of new features they already are working on or planning to implement. There's a good chance they implemented some of the suggestions in this thread in later builds of BB 10 even before the Z10 was released. It's all about prioritizing and trade-offs...a release is just where "good enough" falls on the spectrum so you actually can ship something.
Blackberry is working hard to bring all of it's customers needs to Blackberry 10, we just have to be a little patient. It's a new OS with more potential then any other OS out there right now so the possibilities are endless for us. So if you are fortunate enough to have a new Blackberry 10 device right now stay tuned your in for a real treat going forward.
- 04-12-13, 02:54 PM #23
That's a pretty long list..... The more I read about BB10, the more it appears to be a step backward, not forward.
I hope BB gets on the ball and starts delivering for the sake of this community.Then I heard a voice of the Lord saying,"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said,"Here am I. Send me!"--Isaiah 6:8
"Rangers Lead the Way!"
I am pretty certain that most of these will be taken care of in the 10.1 update that is coming up and if not in the minor updates to follow. Don't let any of this get in your way of having the best smart phone experience in a Blackberry 10 device. I had a Blackberry 9900 i left it and tried the iPhone (hated it) then I tried a Samsung galaxy S3 (not bad) but when the Z10 came out I was the one of the 1st people to get it and guess what, I will never go back to anything else. The Blackberry 10 experience is like no other even with the needed tweeks and improvements mentioned above.
- By cjterminator in forum App AnnouncementsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-25-13, 08:55 PM
- By chelseatorres in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 23Last Post: 02-17-12, 01:22 PM
- By chelseatorres in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 23Last Post: 02-17-12, 01:22 PM
- By missing_K-W in forum News & RumorsReplies: 27Last Post: 02-16-12, 12:55 AM
- By Jey08 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 11-02-09, 07:04 PM