I love my BlackBerry. I love security. I keep my phone locked down at all times. Although at times I find entering my password to be tedious at times. Reason being, I have to punch in my password. Then I have to confirm it. Not a huge deal. But in my opinion. For a device which is renowned for its functionality of being productive and fluid. Having to confirm is rather the opposite. I would assume many would rebut my opinion and tell me to use picture password. Though similarly you an quickly enter your phone that way.

In closing. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the password security of BB10 needs to be re imagined. There is a much more fluid way for this to be done that doesn't need your full attention to accomplish. IOS and Android has accomplished this. I think it would be beneficial to the overall experience if executed in a manner that would compliment the already stunning OS.

Does anyone else share my opinion? Although it is a minor issue. I think we could have something a little bit better.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:52 PM
    I love my BlackBerry. I love security. I keep my phone locked down at all times. Although at times I find entering my password to be tedious at times. Reason being, I have to punch in my password. Then I have to confirm it. Not a huge deal. But in my opinion. For a device which is renowned for its functionality of being productive and fluid. Having to confirm is rather the opposite. I would assume many would rebut my opinion and tell me to use picture password. Though similarly you an quickly enter your phone that way.

In closing. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the password security of BB10 needs to be re imagined. There is a much more fluid way for this to be done that doesn't need your full attention to accomplish. IOS and Android has accomplished this. I think it would be beneficial to the overall experience if executed in a manner that would compliment the already stunning OS.

Does anyone else share my opinion? Although it is a minor issue. I think we could have something a little bit better.

Posted via CB10
    Try picture password?
    05-09-14 08:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Confirm password? How? I only enter it once when I use it.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 08:04 PM
    Yeah I've tried picture password. I work for a high rise condo developer in Toronto. I am a service person and have quite the plethora of responsibilities and am constantly running around from one place to the next in a 55 and 30 story complex.

While I am doing these laps responding to bbms, texts, phone calls. When I have to enter a password and hit OK. I find it would be quicker if I didn't have to hit the Ok. If I've entered my password weather it is alpha numeric or just numeric my smartphone should be "smart" enough to just unlock after the last digit or letter.

Picture password is no easier. When moving quickly the accuracy of my thumb - screen eye co-ordination severely decreases. I find myself getting it wrong 2-3 times before I stop, unlock it. Then continue on the move.

In no way am I saying these features are no good. I would just like to see an improvement. My opinion is BlackBerry serves very productive people. The "prosumers". This is true. Although there are productive professionals in many different fields of work. Not all of those areas of work have these people sitting still.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    05-09-14 08:42 PM
    Myself I would appreciate not to have to hit enter after entering my password as well. And another thing I would appreciate is to have my phone go directly to the password screen when I take it out of the magnetic holster without the extra swipe. It might not look like a lot in time saving but it would be appreciated when you are in a rush .

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.2102)
    05-09-14 09:44 PM
    Myself I would appreciate not to have to hit enter after entering my password as well. And another thing I would appreciate is to have my phone go directly to the password screen when I take it out of the magnetic holster without the extra swipe or press of a button. It might not look like a lot in time saving but it would be appreciated when you are in a rush .

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.2102)
    My sentiments exactly

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:46 PM
    Yeah I've tried picture password. I work for a high rise condo developer in Toronto. I am a service person and have quite the plethora of responsibilities and am constantly running around from one place to the next in a 55 and 30 story complex.

While I am doing these laps responding to bbms, texts, phone calls. When I have to enter a password and hit OK. I find it would be quicker if I didn't have to hit the Ok. If I've entered my password weather it is alpha numeric or just numeric my smartphone should be "smart" enough to just unlock after the last digit or letter.

Picture password is no easier. When moving quickly the accuracy of my thumb - screen eye co-ordination severely decreases. I find myself getting it wrong 2-3 times before I stop, unlock it. Then continue on the move.

In no way am I saying these features are no good. I would just like to see an improvement. My opinion is BlackBerry serves very productive people. The "prosumers". This is true. Although there are productive professionals in many different fields of work. Not all of those areas of work have these people sitting still.

Posted via CB10
    I've always liked the idea of the phone being able to recognise you from voice, face or even the one that's getting common now.. fingerprint!

I'd rather have voice... not easy to fake a voice accurately to a very sensitive sensor :/

Fingerprints has been cracked with bluetac, not really secure is it.. :|

It could be multi check... So it checks voice face and fingerprint. World's most secure phone in the making! Unless your 16 and hitting puberty and you grow a beard and your voice gets deeper, then your literally pissed.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 10:07 PM
    I've always liked the idea of the phone being able to recognise you from voice, face or even the one that's getting common now.. fingerprint!

I'd rather have voice... not easy to fake a voice accurately to a very sensitive sensor :/

Fingerprints has been cracked with bluetac, not really secure is it.. :|

It could be multi check... So it checks voice face and fingerprint. World's most secure phone in the making! Unless your 16 and hitting puberty and you grow a beard and your voice gets deeper, then your literally pissed.

Posted via CB10
    I too like that idea. I also like the idea of apples touch id. Yes finger print scanners have been fooled. But if I lost my phone at the movie theater, a park, mall, etc. I don't think who ever picks it up with have those resources to fool the phone. For the purpose of locking the phone and being able to unlock it on the fly. Touch ID has that in the bag.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 05:59 AM