So, what is the point of handing them the phone if they can't see it's best feature? If you don't want them to see the titles of your emails, etc......which is critical to the demo.....don't.... give..... them..... your..... phone.
    It is right, if one or two texts do get exposed, it won't be an end to the world for not only me but for anyone. I am not trying to point out security bugs of BlackBerry. In fact, HUB lock is something that is not an important feature but still can be much liked for people like me. HUB is of course made for easy access and not unlock it everytime we use it, but it's for those times when people other than you who wanna explore your phone and during that exploration, I don't want my HUB to be easily exposed.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 07:20 PM
    I think the key thing here is that the OP is asking for the OPTION to have a hub lock.

He's not saying it should be default.

If the OPTION was implemented and u don't want to use it then what difference does it make to your life?

Posted via CB10
    Abk92 likes this.
    11-24-14 03:24 AM
    I think the key thing here is that the OP is asking for the OPTION to have a hub lock.

If the OPTION was implemented and u don't want to use it then what difference does it make to your life?

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 10:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup, lot's of ridiculous answers and aggresivity for no reason. Some people think that we are handing out phones to some kind of spy who will take it apart and go through everything.
    No, it's just like handing your phone to your kid so he can play a game without him swiping left accidentally and finding some things that kids shouldn't see...

Posted via CB10
    vaioman and Reemaz Baig like this.
    11-24-14 10:51 AM
    Yup, lot's of ridiculous answers and aggresivity for no reason. Some people think that we are handing out phones to some kind of spy who will take it apart and go through everything.
    No, it's just like handing your phone to your kid so he can play a game without him swiping left accidentally and finding some things that kids shouldn't see...

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahahahahahha i love your analogy

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-24-14 11:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    You guys make it sound that way. I loan my phone to people all the time. But only to people whom I trust not to go poking into private matters. If I don?t trust a person that far, nothing that has been suggested here would convince me to let them use my phone. But I've seen how quickly teenagers can make each other miserable with a few seconds access.

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson and keepit dry like this.
    11-24-14 03:52 PM
    You guys make it sound that way. I loan my phone to people all the time. But only to people whom I trust not to go poking into private matters. If I don?t trust a person that far, nothing that has been suggested here would convince me to let them use my phone. But I've seen how quickly teenagers can make each other miserable with a few seconds access.

Posted via CB10
    Make it sound like what? We just want to demo off the phone, not actually loan it and leave them with it. If that were the case then yes, i could understand not wanting half-baked security.

We're just looking for a HUB lock for temporary demos or just when you don't want people easily looking at your messages..

And unrelated, I don't really show my phone off to teenagers :/

11-24-14 05:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I believe I've said this in every single response but I'll say it again, sigh.

Accidentally swiping to the right opens the hub
    Most people have no idea this will happen
    It isn't about people looking at your things, it about the hub being so good that all it takes is a swipe from any screen and you're there.
    That's the only reason I have to want this kind of feature. It's not about security in the way you are thinking.
    Of course if I want security I just set my lock screen and that's it

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 08:35 PM
    I believe I've said this in every single response but I'll say it again, sigh.

Accidentally swiping to the right opens the hub
    Most people have no idea this will happen
    It isn't about people looking at your things, it about the hub being so good that all it takes is a swipe from any screen and you're there.
    That's the only reason I have to want this kind of feature. It's not about security in the way you are thinking.
    Of course if I want security I just set my lock screen and that's it

Posted via CB10
    We will get tired of explaining but they'll never get what we want and why.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Because it takes development effort to implement. Effort that could be going into other areas. Some want this, and that's fine. Others don't, that should be OK too.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:50 AM
    Make it sound like what? We just want to demo off the phone, not actually loan it and leave them with it. If that were the case then yes, i could understand not wanting half-baked security.

We're just looking for a HUB lock for temporary demos or just when you don't want people easily looking at your messages..

And unrelated, I don't really show my phone off to teenagers :/

As others have mentioned, it isn't a very good demo if you don't include the HUB. Which is a feature a lot of teenagers appreciate.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:53 AM
    We will get tired of explaining but they'll never get what we want and why.

Posted via CB10
    By assuming we don't get what you want and why you are doing to us what you say we are doing to you.

You want a feature so you can demonstrate the phone, all except the 'flagship' features of the OS, but isn't useful in really protecting the data on the phone. I see this as a wasted effort, both building the feature and demonstrating the phone without demonstrating the HUB. Will you ever get that?

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson and keepit dry like this.
    11-25-14 04:16 AM
    By assuming we don't get what you want and why you are doing to us what you say we are doing to you.

You want a feature so you can demonstrate the phone, all except the 'flagship' features of the OS, but isn't useful in really protecting the data on the phone. I see this as a wasted effort, both building the feature and demonstrating the phone without demonstrating the HUB. Will you ever get that?

Posted via CB10
    I might not necessarily get what I want, but that doesn't change my wanting. It's a worth have feature and I would appreciate it and it's only up to BlackBerry people to give me what I want.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't see how BlackBerry creating the feature that the OP is requesting takes anything away from the people that don't want it... if the feature existed and you didn't want to use it then you just don't use it and your world carries on as normal.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:32 AM
    They have one, it's called a device password. It protects your phone from everything.

I don't want to enter a stupid password everytime I have to go into my hub for a email or notification

Posted via the Z to the 3 to the 0 // 2B6832B1
    Not quite what the pp is after, more like a work space hub content that is isolated from personal content timed out to be locked from the normal hub.

Example.
    I have 3 email accounts.
    1 Corporate on BES EMM -Balance, 2 personal.
    BBM, Notifications, SMS, and 2 personal accounts are in the hub; personal - I separate each account in their own Hub, meaning I have to specifically see each email before I see their content - nothing is shown in the root of The Hub.
    Next my work email is separate as well, and times out (Balance setting) so that I have to Pull down from The Hub in the personal space to Switch to EMM-Balance Hub, to view work emails. This means if unlock my devices have access to all content, but if I don't look at any work related content for 3mins, then that content is locked including the emails in Work Hub so I'm prompted for a password.

Our Op is looking for something similar in respect to personal space content

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-25-14 08:39 AM
    There is a way to have your hub locked. Subscribe to or set a BES server, use the "work" password protected part as a personal one, and the personal one as a guest session
    You would need an activesync email. I.E. You can't use free email providers like Gmail, or outlook.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 09:01 AM
    As previously mentioned, you can try to use BlackBerry Balance for that. Honestly considering the fact that BlackBerry Hub is one of the main features, locking it down will not do anything good

In fact, what you actually want is not to lock down the Hub. You want the Hub to not be populated with your conversations so you can confidently hand over your phone without people looking at your conversations. I can sympathize with the core idea.

You can try to set Hub to PIN messages or set up something like dummy Twitter or something that is integrated to Hub but is worthless to you, so when they open Hub they'll only see worthless conversations. This doesn't prevent them from changing the category but if you're really that worried you should be looking over their shoulders when they have your phone

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    11-25-14 09:12 AM
    As previously mentioned, you can try to use BlackBerry Balance for that. Honestly considering the fact that BlackBerry Hub is one of the main features, locking it down will not do anything good

In fact, what you actually want is not to lock down the Hub. You want the Hub to not be populated with your conversations so you can confidently hand over your phone without people looking at your conversations. I can sympathize with the core idea.

You can try to set Hub to PIN messages or set up something like dummy Twitter or something that is integrated to Hub but is worthless to you, so when they open Hub they'll only see worthless conversations. This doesn't prevent them from changing the category but if you're really that worried you should be looking over their shoulders when they have your phone

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    I totally agree with the idea but still not always you are able to setup worthless conversation before somebody else has your phone in your hand. Obviously I wouldn't wanna lock the HUB every minute. HUB is for easy access as I mentioned before too, but it's for such few time when you just don't want accidental swipes opening up the HUB in front of guests. You don't see, but HUB is vulnerable. I am talking about a feature installed in your device. It won't cost you anything, believe me, you'll like it someday if you'd have it.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 09:33 AM
    I totally agree with the idea but still not always you are able to setup worthless conversation before somebody else has your phone in your hand. Obviously I wouldn't wanna lock the HUB every minute. HUB is for easy access as I mentioned before too, but it's for such few time when you just don't want accidental swipes opening up the HUB in front of guests. You don't see, but HUB is vulnerable. I am talking about a feature installed in your device. It won't cost you anything, believe me, you'll like it someday if you'd have it.

Posted via CB10
    Hub is meant to be vulnerable: the more vulnerable it is the easier it is to access. Hub does not have any sort of obstacle between you and it, it's always available whenever and wherever, that's what makes it useful. Hub is meant to be accessed multiple times all day long, it's meant to replace pretty much all messaging apps, having any sort of obstacle in between would make it a hassle.

Obviously, BlackBerry 10 wasn't designed with showing off in mind, ScreenShare carries the same weight as showing off your phone and I don't think they block Hub there.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    11-27-14 01:49 AM
    Hub is meant to be vulnerable: the more vulnerable it is the easier it is to access. Hub does not have any sort of obstacle between you and it, it's always available whenever and wherever, that's what makes it useful. Hub is meant to be accessed multiple times all day long, it's meant to replace pretty much all messaging apps, having any sort of obstacle in between would make it a hassle.

Obviously, BlackBerry 10 wasn't designed with showing off in mind, ScreenShare carries the same weight as showing off your phone and I don't think they block Hub there.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    I think you should read the many many posts in this thread with argument for implementing this. Sounds like you're not talking about the same thing here

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    11-27-14 10:50 AM
    I don't know why it is difficult for people to understand the reason to implement as very small but useful feature of HUB lock. For people who think they don't need or want, it won't even affect them if it's there available as an option.

Blackberry 10 device.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-27-14 11:31 AM
    I can hear it now.

I locked my hub and now I forget my password. How can I bypass it?

To each their own I guess..............
    11-27-14 11:54 AM
    I can hear it now.

I locked my hub and now I forget my password. How can I bypass it?

To each their own I guess..............
    That is why I do a monthly IT Policy audits on users connected to our BES10 platform. Because their supposed to change their device password and when they do it'll change their balance password as well. If no policy we the admits cannot change the Work Space (Balance) pw to match, not without the policy in place. It's a bad design of BES10 really but this is the resolution.

Balance doesn't work without being on a BES server.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-27-14 11:59 AM
    I don't know why it is difficult for people to understand the reason to implement as very small but useful feature of HUB lock. For people who think they don't need or want, it won't even affect them if it's there available as an option.

Blackberry 10 device.
    I don't know why it is difficult for people to understand how people don't understand that it is of such a narrow application, but would nevertheless take development time to implement, and cause support headaches. Especially when there are better solutions available, but people don't understand that they are better, having never tried them.

Posted via CB10
    Me2 likes this.
    11-27-14 03:42 PM
    I don't know why it is difficult for people to understand how people don't understand that it is of such a narrow application, but would nevertheless take development time to implement, and cause support headaches. Especially when there are better solutions available, but people don't understand that they are better, having never tried them.

Posted via CB10
    Oh really? What's the better solution so we're able to demo the HUB without having a ton of personal info just thrown out at strangers?

11-27-14 04:20 PM
113 12345