Who else needs a HUB Lock feature? After all it's the most private thing.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666, vaioman and rai187 like this.
    11-22-14 02:00 AM
    They have one, it's called a device password. It protects your phone from everything.

I don't want to enter a stupid password everytime I have to go into my hub for a email or notification

Posted via the Z to the 3 to the 0 // 2B6832B1
    11-22-14 06:17 AM
    Lollipop just introduced guest mode feature. Won't go into details of that but it's better to lock the hub than the whole device.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 07:50 AM
    Regular password, simple password, picture password are all options to protect your privacy, as Kris says. If my messages in the Hub are worth protecting, so are my documents, etc. And just locking the Hub would not prevent someone getting into BBM or SMS through the separate icons or checking out my BBM meetings.

BlackBerry security isn't about halfway protecting our content. I'm dubious about having a guest mode on any personal device.
    11-22-14 07:56 AM
    Lollipop just introduced guest mode feature. Won't go into details of that but it's better to lock the hub than the whole device.

Posted via CB10
    Android has had guest mode since honeycomb but it was never well implemented till now with Lollipop.

On top of that, what does lollipop having guest mode have to do with BlackBerry and the hub? Lol

11-22-14 07:58 AM
    My motive behind mentioning guest mode was cause of this - if suppose a friend wants to have a look at my phone, say to play a game or just to check out, he can accidently open the hub by just swiping rightwards. Thus showcasing my chats. Just to prevent that accidental showcase of the hub, I feel HUB lock would do good. Besides parental lock doesn't allow to disable each and every app. I don't know why?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:29 AM
    I agree that there should be a way to password protect the hub, if only temporarily. Take for instance you are doing a presentation through your BlackBerry and out of instinct you swipe up and right and all your messages appear for everyone to see.

I don't understand why some of you are saying this is "half assed security ". This isn't about security it's about temporarily providing privacy when trying to display something to someone else.

Other OS' don't have or need this feature because they don't need the same easy flow to get to the hub but on BlackBerry 10 it's particularly easy.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 likes this.
    11-22-14 10:28 AM
    My motive behind mentioning guest mode was cause of this - if suppose a friend wants to have a look at my phone, say to play a game or just to check out, he can accidently open the hub by just swiping rightwards. Thus showcasing my chats. Just to prevent that accidental showcase of the hub, I feel HUB lock would do good. Besides parental lock doesn't allow to disable each and every app. I don't know why?

Posted via CB10
    You are absolutely correct. Let me know when you have the app developed and submitted to App World. I will buy it.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    11-22-14 10:35 AM
    There is a way to have your hub locked. Subscribe to or set a BES server, use the "work" password protected part as a personal one, and the personal one as a guest session
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-22-14 11:07 AM
    Can you explain us all in more detail. Would be really helpful.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:11 AM
    Well, I add a smiley because it's a lot of work for so little profit... BES is the BlackBerry Enterprise Server in which you can enable BlackBerry Balance. You can use a hosted solution, free the first year to test it (search isn't handy in the CB10 app, but you will find links on the forum). But really ? Do you really think it's worth it ?
    11-22-14 11:26 AM
    No, not at all. What I expect is just a simple HUB lock feature that would be just enough. I mean it will be a great option and won't harm anyone if it's present. Right?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:36 AM
    Well again, "perfection is in the eye of the beholder"
    If available, I'm not sure I want to use it, as my phone is always locked in his holster when not in my hands and I'm not sharing it with anyone Picture Password is my solution, quick, secure and efficient
    11-22-14 11:43 AM
    People have different choices then again I understand BlackBerry cannot come up with every thing that people desire. But HUB lock is something they can at least consider in order to prevent others checking in the HUB accidently by just swiping the screen right.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 likes this.
    11-22-14 11:46 AM
    Then why are you here, you should be telling BlackBerry directly either in their support forums or through Twitter, or even calling them using their support line. You may charged for going that last route though so have a credit card handy. I can pretty much guarantee that they will advise to lock the device if your that paranoid.
    rhitdoph likes this.
    11-22-14 12:00 PM
    Lots of silly responses to you op, seems a lot of people can't understand why you would hand someone your phone to play with.

If you guys don't see why this could be useful you need to put yourself in the shoes of people who would. There's no forcing you to lock your hub just like there's no forcing someone to use any password

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:17 PM
    Lots of silly responses to you op, seems a lot of people can't understand why you would hand someone your phone to play with.

If you guys don't see why this could be useful you need to put yourself in the shoes of people who would. There's no forcing you to lock your hub just like there's no forcing someone to use any password

Posted via CB10
    If your phone is filled with that sensitive of information that you have a problem sharing your device to show it off, it should be a sign that no one should be playing with your device.

If your worried about personal stuff, delete it before hand than.

Even better, put it into demo mode if you just need to show it off that badly

rhitdoph and VeryBumpy like this.
    11-22-14 12:20 PM
    It's really not about showing off the device. I guess you don't really have friends, otherwise you would've understood my comment. As mad_mdx rightly said, it's not a compulsion to lock your HUB if you have that option. I mean, why is it hurting to know about HUB lock feature?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:27 PM
    This thread is specious because the assumption is that the only place there is going to be sensitive data is in the HUB. That would be true if you weren't using the Calendar, Remember, Evernote, Contacts, etc. But for anyone who is using the device to its ful capability just being able to lock the HUB would be a wasted feature.

Joshu42 is actually right. If you want to have a partition of the phone that will protect sensitive data from friends BlackBerry aready provides it. Sign up for a cloud BES account. Put your sensitive email and other data in the work partitioin. Job done.
    southlander likes this.
    11-22-14 12:38 PM
    Job done. Looks easy in a comment but takes a lot to actually do all that. We can argue all day long. The fact is less people in fact just a single person until now thinks HUB lock feature is a good idea. It still is according to me. Though it's purpose is really not that big, I agree, but still would be nice to have that option in settings/privacy

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:54 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/53708895
    Isn't this what you want?
    Looks like a great app LOL

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-22-14 02:02 PM
    That's really great. Thanks for sharing. It pretty much is everything what I wanted. Their description is similar to mine, why I needed this feature.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 02:08 PM
    Huuuu, get a look to the reviews first... !
    11-22-14 02:26 PM
    Hub Lock would be a great idea. I don't want gf1 swiping right and seeing messages from gf 3 and gf5.

The Hub is VERY easy to accidentally access.

Z30 STA 100-2
    D3C0D3R and VeryBumpy like this.
    11-22-14 02:38 PM
    Job done. Looks easy in a comment but takes a lot to actually do all that. We can argue all day long. The fact is less people in fact just a single person until now thinks HUB lock feature is a good idea. It still is according to me. Though it's purpose is really not that big, I agree, but still would be nice to have that option in settings/privacy

Posted via CB10
    I have BlackBerry 's clouds BES set up on my Z10. It really is that easy.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 03:07 PM
113 123 ...