Is BlackBerry 10 now going to phase out?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 08:21 PM
    12-11-15 08:23 PM
    Is BlackBerry 10 now going to phase out?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. No doubt about it.
    12-11-15 08:50 PM
    The writing is on the phone!

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    kvndoom likes this.
    12-11-15 08:52 PM
    Yes unfortunately I tend to agree bb10 is done. I wish it wasn't so but the writing is on the wall now with priv presumed to be doing well.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 09:56 PM
    Today just upgraded from the Z10 to the Z30. It may be going but it's still light years from the other devices that are a button with touch capabilities.
    I have Google play store installed.
    I need for nothing!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 10:17 PM
    Another one of these again?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 11:47 PM
    Yes. No doubt about it.
    Coming from the same person who swore up and down that there would not be a 10.3.3, I'll just apologize right now and say I won't pay attention to a single one of your posts regarding the future of BB10.

For a while now you've shown nothing but contempt and have done nothing but spread doubt and misinformation regarding BB10. I, and I'm sure others, would appreciate it if you just stop posting any of your "opinions" regarding the future of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:32 AM
    I think its pretty obvious BB10 is in maintenance mode for the time being. That doesn't mean they wont slowly update ot as they do the android.

BB10 modified coukd be an amazing wearable OS for BkaxkBerry in the future as well. I don't think this OS is going anywhere for the time being and the future while cloudy is not just rain.

BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.2)
    12-12-15 02:00 AM
    Coming from the same person who swore up and down that there would not be a 10.3.3, I'll just apologize right now and say I won't pay attention to a single one of your posts regarding the future of BB10.

For a while now you've shown nothing but contempt and have done nothing but spread doubt and misinformation regarding BB10. I, and I'm sure others, would appreciate it if you just stop posting any of your "opinions" regarding the future of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I would appreciate it if you brought the evidence in regards to spreading doubt and misinformation. Attacking a person's character is a serious thing. To attack without bringing the facts is not cool to put it mildly. Why would you put "opinions" in quotes, are you suggesting that Bluenoser is a shill?
    Bluenoser63 and co4nd like this.
    12-12-15 03:32 AM
    If the OP's so concerned, you better go the Priv route now. It's a matter of personal preference, actually. I would still use my Z30 even if BlackBerry phases out all BlackBerry 10 devices. I would use it until it is unusable.
    12-12-15 03:45 AM
    If the OP's so concerned, you better go the Priv route now. It's a matter of personal preference, actually. I would still use my Z30 even if BlackBerry phases out all BlackBerry 10 devices. I would use it until it is unusable.
    Exactly right!
    And soon plenty cheap like new devices on the market available, going to stock up with BB10 high end devices for years of happy use.
    BlackBerry OS10 is what I wanted in the 1st place, not iOS nor Android or what ever crap else there may be around, end of story.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.+
    12-12-15 05:01 AM
    Hard to see the future of this operating system is. Strong enough to survive I fear BB10 is not.
    12-12-15 07:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Please find the post that I said there wouldn't be a 10.3.3. I did say that 10.3.3 and possibly 10.3.4 will be nothing but bug fixes. There won't be any new features. There also won't be any new BB10 phones. So how do you continue development of a BB10 OS when there is no income at all because you are not selling any new phones.

You can put your head in the sand all you want, but in the end, you will find that I am right.

I challenge you the answer the following questions: Then we can see who is right in the future.

There will be new BB10 phones. I say NO.
    There will be BB10 10.4. I say NO.
    There will be new/updated tools for developers to write native BB10 apps. I say NO.
    There will be new/updated APIs to provide more functionality for native BB10 apps. I say NO.
    BB10 will be updated to Qt5. (Qt4.8 is EOL). I say NO.
    Android Runtime will be updated. I say NO.
    BB10 will continue to function for the next 2-3 years. I say YES with some functionality removed (example BBM Meetings, possibly Maps and other BlackBerry supplied services.)

Willing to take the challenge? Before you do, take some time to
    idhbar and kbz1960 like this.
    12-12-15 07:32 AM
    That was the purpose of John the trojan horse Chen. His goal was to kill BB10 in favour of US based operating system. If it is Android, Windows Phone or other, it doesn't matter just as long the company is based in the US.

Blackberry will soon announce that they will not further develop BB10.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-12-15 08:16 AM
    Yes unfortunately I tend to agree bb10 is done. I wish it wasn't so but the writing is on the wall now with priv presumed to be doing well.

Posted via CB10
    Can you point me to the wall you saw that writing?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 09:02 AM
    Can you point me to the wall you saw that writing?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry themselves.

An update for BlackBerry� 10 Developers | BlackBerry Developer Blog

If you don't continuously update the OS and keep it current, then it dies a slow death. BlackBerry is telling developers that don't expect anything new. If you don't have developers writing for a platform, it will slowly die as changes that are required for the apps to work are not changed. A good example is the Stocks application.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=CA&lang=en

Just read the comments. It was a good app and it broke after the last update. The developer continues to sell it and it doesn't work. That is going to be for most of the apps in the future as the information that they use changes and make the app useless.

Developers rule mobile OS's and BlackBerry is actually telling developers, program for other platforms. What does that say about how BlackBerry sees as a future in BB10.
    Smitty13 likes this.
    12-12-15 09:10 AM
    This will break the hearts of many. It's hard to see an amazing OS go, but that's reality.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-12-15 10:39 AM
    That was the purpose of John the trojan horse Chen. His goal was to kill BB10 in favour of US based operating system. If it is Android, Windows Phone or other, it doesn't matter just as long the company is based in the US.

They already did. They will only patch the existing software. I supplied the links to the announcement.
    12-12-15 10:42 AM
    BlackBerry themselves.

An update for BlackBerry� 10 Developers | BlackBerry Developer Blog

If you don't continuously update the OS and keep it current, then it dies a slow death. BlackBerry is telling developers that don't expect anything new. If you don't have developers writing for a platform, it will slowly die as changes that are required for the apps to work are not changed. A good example is the Stocks application.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=CA&lang=en

Just read the comments. It was a good app and it broke after the last update. The developer continues to sell it and it doesn't work. That is going to be for most of the apps in the future as the information that they use changes and make the app useless.

Developers rule mobile OS's and BlackBerry is actually telling developers, program for other platforms. What does that say about how BlackBerry sees as a future in BB10.
    I'll believe it when it's announced. Seems to me everybody wants to be a news reporter without facts straight from the horses mouth.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 11:15 AM
    I'll believe it when it's announced. Seems to me everybody wants to be a news reporter without facts straight from the horses mouth.

Posted via CB10
    I posted a link to the horses mouth. You just either didn't read it or don't want to believe it.
    tufcustomer likes this.
    12-12-15 11:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    it may never be announced anymore than it has already. They'll probably not say another word and let it whither and die.
    12-12-15 11:53 AM
    Didn't Chen say something like, the only way BlackBerry could provide and ensure end to end security was with their own home grown OS? Therefore there is still a need for BB10? Or is the Priv secure for government use now?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 12:52 PM
    Didn't Chen say something like, the only way BlackBerry could provide and ensure end to end security was with their own home grown OS? Therefore there is still a need for BB10? Or is the Priv secure for government use now?

Posted via CB10
    Chen also said that he wouldn't release an Android phone until it was secure enough for enterprise. He seems to think that the Priv is that secure so BB10 isn't needed anymore. They have laid off most of the BB10 developers and you don't do that if you see future work.
    12-12-15 01:18 PM
    I posted a link to the horses mouth. You just either didn't read it or don't want to believe it.
    Here is a quote from the link you posted:

We will keep developing and enhancing the BlackBerry 10 operating system. In fact, we are confirming plans to release platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements, with version 10.3.3 scheduled to be available in early 2016.
    It is interesting that those with a negative predisposition to the future of BB10 tend to report this as "security patches" rather than what was said.

Also

New APIs will be released as required.
    It is clear that you believe that they aren't going to do more than release 10.3.3 and 10.3.4, and that they will likely find that no additional APIs are ever needed. But these are your beliefs based on what was written and other observations you have made. You may end up right. But companies can change their minds as the business landscape changes. This could result in an actual announced EOL for BB10, or further enhancements. Other people can read what was published and their own observations to come to different, but equally justified, conclusions.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-12-15 01:21 PM
154 123 ...