Hi all,

I have been trying to find some documentation about what kind of EAS Autodiscover methods BlackBerry OS 10 (10.2.1+) supports.

Let me know if you have tested the methods below and what your findings are.

1. Direct HTTP via https://example.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml
    2. Direct HTTP via https://autodiscover.example.com/Aut...toDiscover.xml
    3. HTTP redirect
    4. DNS SRV redirect

In case you have experience from iOS or Android, feel free to share your findings.
    Pls. remember to include OS versions (and make/model for Android devices).

Thx. for any input!
    05-09-14 05:46 PM
    I put some feelers out and I am working on getting you an answer!
    05-10-14 02:53 PM
    Thx. So far It seems only 1 and 2 us supported.

I asked a BlackBerry contact today if they had some documentation available.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 03:39 PM
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33940

This is the only thing I have found
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-14 04:15 PM
    Yup.

My impression was that the email address and password was sent to the BlackBerry Provisioning service for the actual... discovery.

If discovery was possible the login was also tested by the provisioning servers and all settings was then returned to the phone.

So when I read the paragraph below it made me wonder if the device performs some discovery too or the KB is inaccurate:

If ... or autodiscover response is not understood by *smartphone*, use the advanced setup ...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 04:39 PM
    Yup.

My impression was that the email address and password was sent to the BlackBerry Provisioning service for the actual... discovery.

If discovery was possible the login was also tested by the provisioning servers and all settings was then returned to the phone.

So when I read the paragraph below it made me wonder if the device performs some discovery too or the KB is inaccurate:

If ... or autodiscover response is not understood by *smartphone*, use the advanced setup ...

Posted via CB10

You do not have to register activations with the infrastructure, that is just the common option (and default)
    05-11-14 09:52 AM
    You do not have to register activations with the infrastructure, that is just the common option (and default)
    Maybe I misunderstand you: If you want to utilize autodiscovery, you have to use the provisioning service (infrastructure). If not - use advanced settings and the autodiscovery is not being used anyway.

Just to avoid misunderstandings: No BES 10 - pure EAS.
    05-11-14 04:17 PM
    Some more testing today with iOS 7.1.1 and BB OS 10.2.1.2228 and 10.2.1.3175 seems to confirm only #1 and #2 works for both platforms.

Furthermore the email address and UPN account name must match. This is just a question of adding the login domain and assigning it to the user.
    I assume it is needed for email address (=UPN) + password to work as login for the /Autodiscover folder.

Pretty disappointed not to have the SRV feature working.

I noticed iOS has a special setup for Office 365 - probably to circumvent the missing SRV functionality. This is however handled fine by BB OS 10 - probably implemented at the BlackBerry Infrastructure.

EDIT: BB 10.2.1 autodiscover using SRV record works (in my test lab) on Exchange 2013, but iOS 7.1.1 does not. Neither works with SRV record on Exchange 2010 (tested on 2 different environments).
    Last edited by jpvj; 05-11-14 at 06:51 PM.
    05-11-14 04:59 PM
    I saw your edit saying that with the SRV record for http redirect autodiscover that the BB should work for autodiscovery.

I'm trying with a BB OS 10.3.1 and I can't get cname or SRV to work on the blackberry.

direct to https works no problem, but redirection methods work. Everything looks good with 'testexchangeconnectivity' on activesync autodiscover.... I find it so odd there is no information out there from RIM!!!

Has anyone had any success with this?
    02-24-15 10:17 PM