Hello,

In anticipation of BlackBerry 10, I created this BB10 promo commercial for a grade 10 business project. I personally provided voiceovers, and the commercial showcases some new features (from RIM's BB10 preview video), some old things that are (hopefully) gone, and the general direction RIM is heading in: up!

Give it a view here:
    The RIMpire is clearly striking back!

Adam
    01-13-13 08:48 PM
    Good job man. I hope you get a good grade!!!
    01-13-13 08:59 PM
    Grade 10 you say? Companies have paid millions for much, much less...
    I smell a successful career coming. -
    #BB10Believe
    01-13-13 09:00 PM
    Well done man!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-13-13 09:49 PM
    very nicely done sir! but if I could give you a little bit of constructive criticism as I do have a bit of a background in marketing. you don't want to start out with a negative of blackberry. yes we all hate it when our BB lock up and freeze but you don't want to really admit that in a commercial. instead you want statements that imply how fast it is now as opposed to how slow it was before. an example would be when windows 7 came out they didn't say it got rid of all the annoying security warnings of Vista, rather they said it had "an improved user experience." Over all though very well done, keep up the good work!
    01-13-13 10:13 PM
    i like it. i immediately give the commercial credibility since you are admitting to a crucial flaw in the OS from the onset. makes me pay attention.
    01-14-13 09:34 AM
    I'm assuming you're asking for opinions and critiques since you posted it, so here's mine:

- shouldn't be showing the freezing. Don't want to remind people - too negative. Just state it's new and improved from the ground up - something like that. Gotta be positive.
    - spent way too much time on the keyboard... you showed how it works twice. Once was enough.
    - showing Thor is pointless. No one knows him, no one cares. Everyone knows Steve Jobs, but Apple didn't include him in their commercials.
    - you only showed 2 things about BB10... remove the Thor thing and add the hub integration thing
    - with that music (I know it came from RIM) and the narration - it feels too much like an iPhone/iPad commercial.
    01-14-13 11:15 AM
    01-14-13 11:20 AM
    very nicely done sir! but if I could give you a little bit of constructive criticism as I do have a bit of a background in marketing. you don't want to start out with a negative of blackberry. yes we all hate it when our BB lock up and freeze but you don't want to really admit that in a commercial. instead you want statements that imply how fast it is now as opposed to how slow it was before. an example would be when windows 7 came out they didn't say it got rid of all the annoying security warnings of Vista, rather they said it had "an improved user experience." Over all though very well done, keep up the good work!
    I would not agree with that at all. Look how well the Domino's commercials did when they basically admitted over and over again that their old pizzas sucked. Great job for 10th grade!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-14-13 03:24 PM
    Great job man, nice work! I also like how you started with the flaws of BB7. When you think BlackBerry, the problems we face today immediately come to mind and it's a good marketing strategy to point out that these things are ways of the past.

You'll get a good grade I'm sure.
    thekidshop likes this.
    01-16-13 08:22 PM