Was BlackBerry 10 browser built using only HTML5?
I heard BlackBerry 10 browser was built with HTML5 for badass compatibility with HTML5. But IIRC HTML5 is a language for rendering content? Not a language for creating a rendering engine?
In layman terms, isn't HTML5 supposed to be for use by the browser, not to make the browser itself? I'm both confused and stunned here.
Do they use other language too in it? Or everything is HTML5?
- 02-28-13, 09:41 AM #4
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-28-13, 09:43 AM #5
- 344 Posts
- 02-28-13, 01:35 PM #8
Are you guys sure? From what I had seen previously, Webkit apps have laggy UI. The browser seems to have a very smooth UI. The animations work flawlessly, unless there's heavy content on the page. It seems like the UI aspect is built using Cascades. The animations used for the on/off toggles support that theory as well.
- 02-28-13, 02:20 PM #9
- 02-28-13, 10:57 PM #11
- CrackBerry Genius
03-01-13, 12:01 AM #12
- 1,977 Posts
BB pulled some magic with the browser. They re-engineered the browser from the PlayBook to use the GPU in assisting rendering. I still wish they made the browser out of Cascades, but the team learned lots by tackling such a difficult problem.
- 03-01-13, 01:06 AM #13
Re: Was BlackBerry 10 browser built using only HTML5?
Wait so the browser on the playbook doesn't use gpu rendering? If that's true. Holy mother lf god. They would have to be geniuses to male that work. Somehow I think ots untrue though.
- By sahil123 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 43Last Post: 12-18-13, 12:32 PM
- By Jonathank in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 28Last Post: 10-06-12, 11:56 AM
- By lockedtight in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 14Last Post: 10-05-12, 06:42 PM
- By dukes8 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 14Last Post: 04-30-12, 04:09 PM
- By dukes8 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 14Last Post: 04-30-12, 04:09 PM