I just noticed that so applications has a lots of data storage, every app on the phone ... and now most apps data size exceeded 100MB for each, unfortunately only browser application gives the ability to clear the history data.

I was wondering if we can ask developers to implement a way to clear those unused old data.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:55 PM
    Yes, it's been discussed before. It's an issue with many apps, so it's likely either an OS problem, or BBRY not communicating with devs properly about changes that will affect them.

A few other apps have a Clear Cache type option too, but you're right that most don't.

I've had this issue with CB10 and LinkedIn, off top of my head. In both those cases, I decided to just delete the apps then re-install them. A pain, yes. But also was an easy and quick fix.
    Deleting the app will remove any app data, such as game history, so choose wisely which apps to delete.
    03-31-14 05:01 PM
    Deleting app and reinstalling it back works good for most of the third party app(s). I'm having trouble with BB world, app data is now over 100MB. Any suggestions ???
    04-17-14 10:40 AM
    Has anyone tried running the Android app CleanMaster in BB10 yet? It is able to clear out junk that accumulates in Android app caches, but I don't know if it would work the same in the BB10 Android runtime.
    04-17-14 10:46 AM
    How did you guys view the app data?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 11:34 AM
    Android app CleanMaster in BB10 ..Didn't work for me!
    04-17-14 12:13 PM
    How did you guys view the app data?

Posted via CB10
    Device monitor storage tab
    04-17-14 01:12 PM
    It just show system, apps and users files memory only. Nothing about particular app memory consumed.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os
    04-18-14 07:29 AM
    It just show system, apps and users files memory only. Nothing about particular app memory consumed.

You didn't notice right underneath the list of apps with how much space they are consuming?
    Or the memory tab where it shows how much of the processor is being used?
    04-18-14 09:29 AM
    Ohhhhh.... now I see it. Tap the app and it show install and data. Thanks all.

04-18-14 10:24 AM
    Damm the app data is many many many many multiple times more than the app size itself and there is no way to clear them

04-18-14 10:26 AM
    Damm the app data is many many many many multiple times more than the app size itself and there is no way to clear them

Delete and reinstall. It will eventually accumulate again though.
    04-18-14 10:54 AM
    But that is not a proper solution. If you delete the app, all the setting and data is gone

04-18-14 11:13 AM
    When I contacted the Dev of the alpha browser about this problem they sorted it in the next update a few days later. Iirc the Android Central app now has a clear cache button. The CB app doesn't. At this stage of the game, apps taking up 100's of mb of space with only an uninstall of the app as a solution is totally unacceptable. As individual apps seem to be able to incorporate a clear cache solution it would point to an app problem instead of an OS problem. Time for clearer direction to developers as to this problem.
    04-18-14 02:30 PM
    When I contacted the Dev of the alpha browser about this problem they sorted it in the next update a few days later. Iirc the Android Central app now has a clear cache button. The CB app doesn't. At this stage of the game, apps taking up 100's of mb of space with only an uninstall of the app as a solution is totally unacceptable. As individual apps seem to be able to incorporate a clear cache solution it would point to an app problem instead of an OS problem. Time for clearer direction to developers as to this problem.
    While I agree to the point, I also question whether there is any benefit of keeping app cache on the device.

If they can't do it, BlackBerry should give us an option to keep a pre determined data limit for apps

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 04:43 PM
    Examples wechat.The install size only 16mb but the data is almost 46 mb. In my symbian phone I can access the mass memory and delete the redundant data but no way to do is on BlackBerry

04-19-14 04:53 AM