Im a night/day random shift worker. The old calendar was great for this, I had all day appointments in yellow for day shifts, all day appointments in red for night shifts, and a third colour for regular appointments. (3 different gmail calandars imported). In month view, at a quick glance, I could see my shift schedule clearly, and know exactly what days I had to work, as the all day appointments stood out as full length coloured bars on the date. The new calendar just puts a little coloured square on the date, and a same sized circle on basically every day. In summary the old calendar was perfect for me and the main reason I keep with blackberry (as a shift worker I would regularly show off how great the BB calendar was for organizing shifts). The new calendar month view is just a bunch of dots everywhere.... not good at all.... looks like my wifes IPhone calendar which I would regularly say is ****ttty. Signed up just to say this. Please bring the old calendar back. Anyone who says the new calendar is just as good for my application needs is just plain wrong.

The key for me is easy to see contrast between ALL DAY appointments, and REGULAR appointments. The old BB cal did this. Google Calendar does this (very well). The new BB cal does NOT do this.
    Last edited by Calendar Killer; 02-21-15 at 12:21 PM.
    peter0328, wojt7, DocDRM and 2 others like this.
    02-21-15 12:06 PM
    How much would you pay for a Calendar app identical to the one in 10.2.1 / 10.3? I can recreate and code the calendar look function.

Any takers?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:32 PM
    I don't like home screen icon only.
    02-21-15 12:39 PM
    This is what bugs me so far.

Open calendar (default: month view) --- click on a date to see your appointments --- then click "options" and select "month view" to go back to where you were... but nothing happen? There is no back button to return to month view once I've selected to see a specific day.

So I have to select week view and then select month view to go back. Definitely a bug they need to look at. Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel. The OS 10.2.1 calendar was great and they should have left it like that

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    This is the only thing that bugs me too. I leave it in agenda now so at least I can flip between weeks without having to exit all the time
    02-21-15 12:40 PM
    Agreed. Three letter said it best. WTF?

Attachment 335657
    02-21-15 12:42 PM
    Attachment 335599

Bask in its glory ^

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    That looks a million times better! What the hell were they thinking changing to the new monstrosity?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    02-21-15 12:43 PM
    How much would you pay for a Calendar app identical to the one in 10.2.1 / 10.3? I can recreate and code the calendar look function.

Any takers?

Posted via CB10
    $1.99 probably? Still bitter that we had it and would be hard to swallow having to pay much more to get it back. Feels like ransom.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:46 PM
    I think the only people who can really love this version probably only use it for occasional dental appointments. I don't see how anyone with a busy business schedule can think this is not step backwards.
    02-21-15 12:50 PM

Any takers?

Posted via CB10
    Would have to be able to fully replace native calendar (meaning that native calendar is only used for notification popup, and hub integration).

If I went 10.3, I would pay $4.99 for a fully 10.2.1 calendar.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:51 PM
    $1.99 probably? Still bitter that we had it and would be hard to swallow having to pay much more to get it back. Feels like ransom.

Posted via CB10
    I get what you mean by having to pay BLACKBERRY, would feel like random, but an independent developer's time MUST be worth something. It can't be free, or even $1.99. I can't even catch the bus 1 way fro $1.99. You're asking to pay the same amount for an application you'd be using on a daily basis. It would take me at least two weeks working 10 hour days (140 hours - multiplied by $260 which is my independent rate - meaning, I'd need to sell 18,291 copies of my app at your price point just to be compensated for my time as a developer).

I'm a little disappointed with the calendar too.
    02-21-15 12:56 PM
    I get what you mean by having to pay BLACKBERRY, would feel like random, but an independent developer's time MUST be worth something. It can't be free, or even $1.99. I can't even catch the bus 1 way fro $1.99. You're asking to pay the same amount for an application you'd be using on a daily basis. It would take me at least two weeks working 10 hour days (140 hours - multiplied by $260 which is my independent rate - meaning, I'd need to sell 18,291 copies of my app at your price point just to be compensated for my time as a developer).

Wow. $260 an hour? What are you doing on Crackberry? This message alone must have cost you $70.

That being said I'd pay between $2-$5 for the old TAT calendar.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:07 PM

Lol... I didn't say $1.99 would make it worth developing. But I know how these folk around here are,.. they would cry that it's not free when it used to be free.

And damn,.. I wish I could charge $260/hr. I'd probably stop wasting so much time on here.

Posted via CB10
    redcubicle and CDM76 like this.
    02-21-15 01:13 PM
    Do you think it's possible to load the old calendar with saschesi?

02-21-15 01:31 PM
    I agree with OP I don't like the calendar at all. The feature to pull up the next 3 months seems to have gone too.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2243

Posted on my Q10.
    I thought so too, but swipe left and you get a 12 month calendar view, swiping up and down to progress back and forth through the year

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:32 PM
    So I just checked 10.3.1 on my wife's Z10: it is worse than I thought. Each dot corresponds to a different calendar, not to an appointment. So if I have 5 appointments in one day on the same calendar, I only see one dot for that day. :facepalm

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-21-15 01:45 PM
    So, it seems BlackBerry did file a patent application for this (in Canada and also an international filing).

https://www.google.com/patents/WO2013159173A1

Inventors: Jacou Sarrazin, Vitaliy Igorevych BELITSKY

(maybe we should try to send them an email,.. lol)

[00134] In some example embodiments, the visual indicator is a text or font setting (such as the font size or bold type) of the displayed numerical day. The term "font setting" refers to any characteristic of a font that defines or alters its appearance. As used herein, the "font size" of a numerical day refers to the size of the number (i.e. the numerical day) displayed in a calendar for a given day. Specifically, in some example embodiments, the font size of a displayed numerical day is determined as a function of the calendar data. For example, as will be explained below, the font size of the numerical day may be larger for days where a user is busier than for days where the user is less busy. Thus, a user may look at the displayed portion of the list of dates and quickly assess their relative activity level or availability for different dates. Example embodiments are not limited to the visual indicator being the font size of the numerical day. In other embodiments, other text or font settings (such as color, bold type, italics, etc), may be used as the visual indicator.

[00135] In some example embodiments, the visual indicator includes an animation. For example, the visual indicator may be a combination of a font feature (such as font size) and an animation. In such example embodiments, when a date is first displayed, it may be in a default font size and then animate to grow to a different size as a function of calendar data. Other animations (such as pulsing, flashing, or any other animation indicator) may be used in combination with any possible indicator or an animation may be used alone without another visual indicator. Animations may also be omitted, and example embodiments are not limited to any particular visual indicator. Furthermore, visual indicators as described herein (to indicate a user's activity level) are not required.

[00136] The visual indicator, such as the font size, may range from a minimum to a maximum setting (e.g. minimum font size and maximum font size). In some example embodiments, the minimum setting may be used for days having an activity level that is at or below a minimum threshold, and the maximum setting may be used for days that meet or exceed a maximum activity level threshold. For example, if the threshold for the maximum setting is 12 hours of busy time during a day, there may not be a change in the visual indicator displayed for that day if the user is busy during 15 hours or busy during 24 hours. Thus, if the visual indicator is a font size, for example, the font size may reach a maximum size and may not increase if the user is busy during more time than the maximum threshold. The user may still easily assess whether the user has a light day or a busy one, although the visual indicator may have a maximum and minimum setting. [00137] The visual indicator may vary between the maximum and minimum settings for activity levels that are between the maximum and the minimum thresholds. For example, if the visual indicator is the font size of the numerical day, the font size may have a proportional relationship to the activity level for a given day. In one example, the visual indicator is a font size and the font size increases as the amount of busy time during the day increases. However, other relationships between the visual indicator and the calendar data are possible, and example embodiments are not limited to those in which a font size increase is used to indicate that one day is busier than another. [
    Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:57 PM
    Attachment 335599

Bask in its glory ^

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    Yes! The monthly calendar has been something I've hated since I started loading the 10.3 (or was it 10.3.1?) leaks. We need to tweet at Michael Clewley to get the calendar back to useful. It's so stupid that BB has changed things that were really unique and useful to be more like the competition. That is only good if it is an improvement, not a regression.

I tweeted about it. Hopefully he'll see it amongst all the other tweets about 10.3.1 update issues.
    https://twitter.com/PScheuneman/stat...13600290099200
    Last edited by DaedalusIcarusHelios; 02-21-15 at 07:58 PM.
    deltact likes this.
    02-21-15 07:47 PM
    Who are you???
    I'm a business owner and the Calendar, which is instrumental in running my business, has been flawed since the beginning of OS10.
    And there are thousands of people with the same complaint.
    I'm glad this thread has been posted, because this thread is providing useful information.
    If it's this bad then, it looks like I'm going to be getting rid of BlackBerry in part, because of the liability the phone has become due to the Calendar not able to meet our needs in time critical situations.
    So, if you don't like the criticism, then don't read it and don't post your uninformative whining and as you said, save us all some trouble.
    "The Dangerous Delusions Of A BlackBerry Fanboy"
    Agreed

It's funny how some will defend something that is a step backwards to the point of being rude and obnoxious, and think that doing so actually helps the platform they love. IMO it hurts BB10 and makes Blackberry users look like fanatics.
    vbdwork and Velocitymj like this.
    02-21-15 10:51 PM
    PLEASE bring back growing numbers!! PLEASE!
    02-21-15 11:34 PM
    In the words of John Chen, "don't fix it, if ain't broken ". The 10.2.1 calendar app was the best calendar app. This is not bad but that was way better. Please bring it back already!!!
    02-22-15 12:00 AM
    In the words of John Chen, "don't fix it, if ain't broken ". The 10.2.1 calendar app was the best calendar app. This is not bad but that was way better. Please bring it back already!!!
    Once 10.3.1 gets pushed to John Chen's phone, I suspect he'll be unhappy, being a CEO with meetings and appointments galore.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    02-22-15 12:32 AM
    It works and it works well that's all I care about. What it looks like is moot.
    02-22-15 06:41 AM
    Do you think it's possible to load the old calendar with saschesi?

i would if it can be done anybody know if it can be ?
    02-22-15 07:11 AM
    I agree that the new calendar is the epitome of garishness and disfunction. These tiny little squares actually dismantle the calendars effectiveness like a nuclear bomb dropped on on a terrorist in Wal-Mart; overdone and over designed. The resultant product is a sad state of affairs. The 10.2 calendar was very effective and they should have continued to enhance it. The question is why they did not. While I have not received the update I was made aware of the new calendar via some friends with leaks. I want the update for all of the other changes but seriously I am on the fence about doing it.
    Blackberry needs to fall back and punt on this one.
    02-22-15 07:25 AM
    "BlackBerry 10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous!"

Love the title as it is as good as any headline found on CNN, Fox or MSNBC. LOL
    02-22-15 07:27 AM
611 12345 ...