It's several bars that need downloaded and sideloaded onto your device using Sachies (pardon spelling). If you don't find it by tomorrow (in bed now) i'll see if I can locate the bars and post for you.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    Could you please share how your calendar looked like after sideloading the bars?

CB on Q10
    03-24-15 08:51 PM
    Could you please share how your calendar looked like after sideloading the bars?

CB on Q10
    Posts #106, #105 & #108 have screenshots that pretty much sum it up.... the numbers don't grow, but they become bold and overall I find view is much easier on the eye and more informative than the 10.3.1 Calendar

...and again, only ONE bar needs loading according to bBOLD723....
    moyah8 likes this.
    03-24-15 09:38 PM
    i wouldnt call it Disastrous but its definatly a downgrade and the 10.2.1 was better imo.
    I have been on 10.3.1 for several month now (Q5) and the old calendar was definatly better.

One thing that is annoying me on 10.3.1 and i havnt seen mentioned here, is selecting the calender in which you want to create a appointment.

I have 3 calendar accounts on my device and 5 calendars in total:
    • local - used for small personal reminders like pick up milk at the end of the day or empty the dryer. (stuff i only need on my phone)
    • synced - google:
    • private: private events like birthday parties, meetings with friends and trips.
    • university: classes and deadlines
    • synced - owncloud (caldav):
    • work personal: my own work related stuff
    • work team: work events that are related not only to me

Well in 10.2.1 i had all those calendars in one list, in 10.3.1 i always have to select the account first and then im able to select the calendar.
    This doesnt sound like its thats annoying but its a additional step that is just annoying and not needed.
    (tap calendar, select account, select calendar) .
    It would be much better if you could select the calendar of one dropdown list that contains every account right out of the default view of creating a new event. The same goes for reminder time, you have to unfold the calendar an then you can select the time, why isnt this on the default view?

Way to many submenus you have to access on a small screen imo.
    Totally agree!!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:11 AM
    If you don't remember what the symbols and colours mean month view is pretty useless.

Posted via CB10
    But even if you do it's - a dot: great, I have at least one appointment on that day. Maybe for 15min or maybe several for many hours.
    deltact likes this.
    03-25-15 06:44 AM

CB on Q10
    Hi, i'll stand down on posting files as post 474 and post 477 says it all.

As said, it's relatively easy and screen shots of comparison is there, and explanations are very straight forward and simple.

Posted via CB10 (Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2582)
    03-25-15 11:29 AM
    I really hope they'll also bring back the vertical bars with 10.3.2 those stupid dots and squares should've never been introduced in the first place. I am still baffled how BlackBerry could allow them in the final version!

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher and moyah8 like this.
    03-26-15 07:56 AM
    I really hope they'll also bring back the vertical bars with 10.3.2 those stupid dots and squares should've never been introduced in the first place. I am still baffled how BlackBerry could allow them in the final version!

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Theyre bringing back the growing numbers, Im sure theyll also see that many are wanting to get the vertical sidebars back!

CB on Q10
    03-26-15 09:19 AM
    **- Heads up !! **

- the last post by bBOLD723 said it was ONLY the Calendar Bar file - he had tried with all three but it didn't make a difference.... I think the file is in post #423, explanation by bBOLD723 is in post #447

Process of loading using Sachesi 2.0.0 was very easy - connect phone via USB, go to Install tab, just de-select "only install newer apps", then drop the unzipped bar onto Sachesi - it takes a minute or two to install and away you go.....
    So I sideloaded only the 10.3.0 calendar bar, and it happily brings back the side bars. However, it now notifies me 15 mins before every meeting, even though the same events never triggered reminders because they were set to no reminder. Changing the calendar settings and a reboot seem to have no effect. Anyone else have the same issue?

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    04-01-15 09:06 AM
    I'm going to take a stab at this and guess that Agenda view is gone? I read the thread and didn't see it mentioned???

I never considered another view for all the years I've owned Blackberry's, please don't tell me they took that away...
    04-01-15 06:08 PM
    It's getting worse by the minute. Take a look at the screen shot below. In addition to the 22nd of March missing, the rest of the calendar is now one day off (for example, it indicates 23rd is on a Sunday, while it says below it that it's on a Monday). Silly me, I just thought only the 10.3.1 UI was bad. The whole calendar is utterly worthless. It's really sad that they have turned a BB10 's strength into a weakness! They need to fix these bugs quickly.
    Attachment 343363
    I have the same problem. I restarted the phone and got back the dates. But calendar entries older than 30 days are still being erased (same as 10.2.1)

Posted via Q10 CB10
    04-01-15 07:09 PM
    Agree. Theyre bringing back the growing numbers, Im sure theyll also see that many are wanting to get the vertical sidebars back!

CB on Q10
    Do you know this for a fact? Or is this wishful guessing.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    04-01-15 07:24 PM
    I have the same problem. I restarted the phone and got back the dates. But calendar entries older than 30 days are still being erased (same as 10.2.1)

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Hmmmm. I have restarted and done hard resets several times, but to no avail. Can't wait to upgrade the OS, hoping to get rid of the bug!
    04-02-15 05:16 AM
    Do you know this for a fact? Or is this wishful guessing.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    For growing numbers, I believe it's a fact that BB is working to bring that back. Though it's not present in the recent OS update.

For the vertical sidebars, now that's wishful guessing.

CB on Q10
    04-02-15 07:00 AM
    Sorry that it didn't work out for you.
    I'm finding that I have to keep restarting the phone because that problem was well as others are recurring.
    As you probably know, because of all of the problems with the software, BB put the 10.3.1 update release on hold for older devices.
    As far as 10.3.2 update, if it's any indication as to what to expect, we waited for over a year for this update from 10.2.1.
    I wouldn't hold your breath.
    04-05-15 01:20 PM
    Here is the answer:
    mclewley
    Product Manager

Calendar is a focus area for improvements as we want to make sure it's a great productivity tool. Thanks!
    Just Me and deltact like this.
    04-10-15 04:07 PM
    Here is the answer:
    Thanks for this. I don't have 10.3 yet, but this was of a concern for me as I am a heavy user of my calendar. I am willing to give it a shot, but would not be happy paying $600 for a PP, and have a calendar that wouldn't work for me. Plus, wouldn't be happy to buy a calendar app that would work after forking out that much money. Not real happy with that big green add button in the middle either, and I here it's in the compose section on the Hub.
    At least BB has heard those with issues.
    04-10-15 04:28 PM
    Yes, you adapt,... by never using the month view for any useful purpose other than to check to see which day of the week the 20-something falls in May.

If anyone has studied information theory, it's very basic premise is:

Greater Information = Greater amount of unknown (or less certainly known) data.

- The numbers on a calendar provide very little information since they are very predictable (except that the Gregorian Monks kinda messed up).
    - Most people have at least one thing going on every day, or some holiday automatically added to the calendar. So to show "a dot" whenever you have "something" essentially results in a calendar with a dot in every day. Again very predictable and thus very LOW information.

On the contrary, by making the size of the calendar digits proportional to the AMOUNT of events on that day. It used a very low information object (i.e the digits--still necessary for a calendar), to convey new or unknown information (how busy will you be that day).

By the way, information theory is how compression is designed. By throwing away what everyone already knows, or what can be easily recovered by a predictable function/process. If you look at the calendar in the OP's post, you can throw away the numbers (since we know those forever), an you can discard the dots (since we know they show up on every day), and we can discard the grid lines (since they never change).

Which leaves us with a compressed object that has NOTHING.

So yeah.

Anyone here that doesn't think this is a downgrade with regards to the useful information that the calendar conveys,.. clearly never really used the calendar for anything other than to check what day the 30th of February fell on this year.... lol

Posted via CB10
    Why u gotta be so logical? Nobody at blackberry will understand what youre talking about!

Great post btw.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 and Velocitymj like this.
    04-10-15 04:45 PM
    I'm going to take a stab at this and guess that Agenda view is gone? I read the thread and didn't see it mentioned???.
    I found agenda, but it only shows one week at a time? Any way to make it continuous like on BBOS? I preferred just scrolling through my agenda instead of looking one week at a time.
    04-10-15 05:27 PM
    Oh.. so it's now a shortcoming because 500 of you think so? So the millions of other users that don't find the calendar a shortcoming are all wrong or something? You know what they say.. the complainers make the loudest noise. Those that don't have an issue ain't complaining and believe me we are at least a couple of millions more than the 500 that are complaining.

The calendar is fine in my opinion. If it's not for any user.. go back to 10.2 and save us all some trouble.

Simples.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport�
    I beg to differ on that.
    This thread can be viewed as representative of a statistical example of the world percentages of people who find this Calendar update beneficial.
    There are far more nay sayers here about this so called update than there are people (more than likely non business phone users) who support a dumbed down, inefficient version of a calendar that was always lacking the capabilites of BlackBerry's OS7, iOS, Droid or Windows OS calendars in the first place.
    Who wants to adapt to using a broken down VW when everyone else is using Ferraris?
    Apparently you do, but I don't.
    I went back to 10.2.1 after the calendar appointments weren't syncing as well as getting automatically erased.
    Lost a potential client because of that.
    Last thing I want, is a fanboy telling me what I have a right to legitimately complain about as though he thinks he knows how my business or anyone else's business or schedule needs to operate.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    donemt and allwi like this.
    04-12-15 07:46 PM
    BB10 has so much potential, these purposeful "design" decisions like this are VERY unfortunate... it prevents a blackberry lover from really shouting from the rooftops how good this OS is, such a good foundation but so poorly executed... its like in hockey, we say "all swedish and no finish"

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    04-13-15 01:32 AM
    Having just switched from a Z30 to a Passport, I have to ask: Would anybody miss the ability to freely scroll (vertically) through the weeks in the month view, that was introduced with the newspeak calendar?

I have only found it confusing and "unanchored", compared to regular "flicking" pages from month to month, and have seen no benefit in the "continuity" it could be said to offer.

I didn't find this quite as much of a problem on the tall screen device, because that could show the month grid, and the events below, simultaneously, but the 1:1 version of the layout does not make use of the PP screen real estate, instead filling the entire screen with the grid, absolutely requiring it to be shuffled around, to show what's below; and I repeatedly find myself trying to swipe it back down, from that single week that remains in view at the top, once done, only to instead get the weeks zipping by, like the wheels in a one-armed bandit.
    Having to tap that thin line, that shows the day, to get back, is neither intuitive, nor giving the slightest heed to Fitts's Law.
    Just Me likes this.
    04-13-15 02:13 AM
    Having just switched from a Z30 to a Passport, I have to ask: Would anybody miss the ability to freely scroll (vertically) through the weeks in the month view, that was introduced with the newspeak calendar?

I have only found it confusing and "unanchored", compared to regular "flicking" pages from month to month, and have seen no benefit in the "continuity" it could be said to offer.

I didn't find this quite as much of a problem on the tall screen device, because that could show the month grid, and the events below, simultaneously, but the 1:1 version of the layout does not make use of the PP screen real estate, instead filling the entire screen with the grid, absolutely requiring it to be shuffled around, to show what's below; and I repeatedly find myself trying to swipe it back down, from that single week that remains in view at the top, once done, only to instead get the weeks zipping by, like the wheels in a one-armed bandit.
    Having to tap that thin line, that shows the day, to get back, is neither intuitive, nor giving the slightest heed to Fitts's Law.
    I think it's an issue with square screen devices because my wife's Z10 doesn't fill the screen with the day's detail when tapped on.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    04-13-15 07:27 PM
    Having just switched from a Z30 to a Passport, I have to ask: Would anybody miss the ability to freely scroll (vertically) through the weeks in the month view, that was introduced with the newspeak calendar?.
    Funny, they removed the free scrolling from the agenda view where it was handy and added it to the month where it's a nuisance. Is there a way to get them feedback? Did they have beta testers that used the device?
    04-13-15 08:28 PM
    No doubt a very hot topic.

Will be interesting to see what the BB brains at HQ do with this native app.
    04-13-15 08:56 PM
    Bump. I still don't like the updated calendar.
    04-15-15 11:57 AM
611 ... 1819202122 ...