And the relatively confirmed part sounds useless and stupid. Why switch from up/down to left/right? Other than introducing a new habit to be learned, and frustrating all users while they acclimate tl the new way, what's the point of fixing something that isn't broken?
    There are threads on here about folks having issues answering calls using the current gesture. Perhaps the new side to side gesture was tested and found to work easier for folks.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    semperfi45 likes this.
    11-10-13 08:00 PM
    Interesting

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:11 PM
    I like the idea of sliding to the side but it would be awkward to slide in a direction depending on what is your dominant hand

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:22 PM
    I wonder if this change is due to making people ease the possible transition from iOS and Android. With the rumour of Google Play Store coming on this update, they may be anticipating the more people will make the switch and make the learning curve easier ... I still like the swipe down ....
    djdragon and habs_fan like this.
    11-10-13 08:29 PM
    I wonder if this change is due to making people ease the possible transition from iOS and Android. With the rumour of Google Play Store coming on this update, they may be anticipating the more people will make the switch and make the learning curve easier ... I still like the swipe down ....
    Bingo.

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    11-10-13 09:17 PM
    IMHO, Google Play will never come to BlackBerry 10.

Google will not allow access from non-Android devices like BlackBerry 10 which does not run the original Android Dalvik VM.

Posted via CB10
    you do realize that there is a new one in the works on Android phones called ART right?those here that have android phones can elaborate more on this.
    11-10-13 09:44 PM
    I think those that are opposed to the switch to swipe right/left for calls are only opposed to it because they don't like change. It could be for a reason, we don't know. Let's see if it for a reason of adding something else. If it is not for a reason I would question the time spent on it as opposed to other areas of concern.
    11-10-13 10:00 PM
    No idea why they would change the swiping direction.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. This is stupid. Change for changes sake. Or changing it so it works just like Android? They don't have confidence on the decisions that they made. I guess peek and flow will be gone next if they are trying to have everything work like android.
    11-10-13 10:01 PM
    I think those that are opposed to the switch to swipe right/left for calls are only opposed to it because they don't like change. It could be for a reason, we don't know. Let's see if it for a reason of adding something else. If it is not for a reason I would question the time spent on it as opposed to other areas of concern.
    And what if the other areas are also fixed? What if some are?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 10:04 PM
    IMHO, Google Play will never come to BlackBerry 10.

Google will not allow access from non-Android devices like BlackBerry 10 which does not run the original Android Dalvik VM.

Posted via CB10
    Ye of little faith. And little info

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    mooda likes this.
    11-10-13 10:10 PM
    Sounds awesome...maybe Verizon will release 10.2.1 and just skip over 10.2

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-10-13 10:20 PM
    Why change the beautiful Swipe up/down? Its so unique.
    11-10-13 10:42 PM
    sounds cool, yeah.. quick settings menu is revamped, finally!!!

i don't see changing the way to answer/reject calls is a big deal. yeah swiping down for accepting call and up for reject is the art of BB10 OS but well, seems people are more used to answer/reject calls by swiping side by side, i know it will sound a bit Android-ish but well, if that's the better way for answering/rejecting calls then.. i'll go with it.

but yeah definitely, the QUICK SETTINGS, i'm SO EXCITED to see the revamped one with more features! that will be the REAL KEEP MOVING paradigm that BB10 has been longing for. can't wait, i can't wait!!
    11-10-13 10:51 PM
    I love the current call screen people are always commenting on the pictures when laying face up. That is the picture of bb10 to me!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:21 PM
    Problem with this is the timing of release! BlackBerry has been notorious for being so out of schedule with so many promised great things. Let's see how they deliver this under the new CEO. Oh, and yes, I still would like to see a fix to the problem of adding contact to one of many contact sources set up in the device which is blatantly autolinked by BlackBerry. Currently even with the latest 10.2.0.1803 release, the horrible bug is still there.
    11-11-13 12:24 AM
    I look forward to further enhancements and fixes but I have to admit.. the current call screen setup is one of my favorite features of this phone.. and changing the swipe direction (without hearing any good reason why) is a big bummer... hopefully it is for a reason, such as to add a new feature(s)... we shall wait and see..

Posted from my incredible Z10
    11-11-13 12:32 AM
    Ye of little faith. And little info

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    lol you're killing us. Can you just answer this question?

Will us bbry users be very happy, very soon?
    11-11-13 12:40 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice to be able to time your profiles ?

e.g. if in a meeting or at work just set how long would like to have your phone on "Silent" and when its time the phone would revert to "Normal" ofcause upon reverting the phone would vibrate indicating "its time" and one having options to "extend" by 15, 30,45mins to an hour..perhaps ?
    yvpan1 and Thesmartmale like this.
    11-11-13 02:00 AM
    Problem with this is the timing of release! BlackBerry has been notorious for being so out of schedule with so many promised great things. Let's see how they deliver this under the new CEO. Oh, and yes, I still would like to see a fix to the problem of adding contact to one of many contact sources set up in the device which is blatantly autolinked by BlackBerry. Currently even with the latest 10.2.0.1803 release, the horrible bug is still there.
    It's not really a bug, it's more like a missing feature. Anyway, it is definitely coming in 10.2.1. I think current leaks already have it.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:30 AM
    It's not really a bug, it's more like a missing feature. Anyway, it is definitely coming in 10.2.1. I think current leaks already have it.

Posted via CB10
    Can you confirm that this is indeed included in the current 10.2.1 leaks? I need this missing feature badly, managing several contact sources for business purpose and it is driving me nuts whenever there is a new contact to be added using my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:41 AM
    It would be great if there would still be an option to use the Slide UP/DOWN in the call screen.

sounds cool, yeah.. quick settings menu is revamped, finally!!!

i don't see changing the way to answer/reject calls is a big deal. yeah swiping down for accepting call and up for reject is the art of BB10 OS but well, seems people are more used to answer/reject calls by swiping side by side, i know it will sound a bit Android-ish but well, if that's the better way for answering/rejecting calls then.. i'll go with it.

but yeah definitely, the QUICK SETTINGS, i'm SO EXCITED to see the revamped one with more features! that will be the REAL KEEP MOVING paradigm that BB10 has been longing for. can't wait, i can't wait!!
    11-11-13 02:49 AM
    I would like to point out that one of the most unique/visible elements of Cascades in BB10 is the way you swipe "right", to go back to previous screens/cancel stuff. So why would it be strange to use the same gestures for incoming calls? Do you even know what it will look like? Who says it will be iDroid-like, it could still get a unique design.
    I also remember a while back there where some complaints about up/down swiping to answer calls, because the "up" swipe is also the gesture to minimize apps and this caused some confusion.
    _____
    I am excited to see the drop-down menu on my Q10, I hope it will allow for 8 items to show instead of the current 6 (I would like to add Hotspot and Airplane, but I do not want to remove the other settings).
    11-11-13 03:26 AM
    Please keep the Slide Up/Down in the call screen
    11-11-13 04:32 AM
    I read that article too. Found the idea of a full on Google play store with all those android apps exciting. However I did find it strange that n4bb had that story but cb didn't. Makes me question how much of a chance there is of it happening. One can only dream.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:59 AM
    Those features are all great, but in my opinion there are some other important things on that they should focus.
    Firstly, the shortcut gestures on z10, it takes long time to turn back to top of page. A simple gesture like tapping the top bar will save a lot of time in stead of keeping scrolling.
    Secondly, the sideloaded apps should be managed much more in apps permissions. We can change them at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:05 AM
180 12345 ...