BlackBerry 10.2.1 Bringing New Call Screen and Quick Settings - N4BB

The article:

BlackBerry 10.2.1 is said to be bringing a multitude of changes to the BlackBerry 10 operating system. Rumors have it that the update will bring the Google Play Store to allow BlackBerry users access to the entire Android app ecosystem.

We can exclusively confirm that BlackBerry 10.2.1 will also be bringing a new call screen. BlackBerry 10?s original call screen allowed you to answer a call by swiping up or decline by swiping down.

In the 10.2.1 update, you will be swiping either left to answer or right to decline. This action bar slider is located below the callers image (should they have one saved from your contacts book).

The 10.2.1 update will also bring a new Quick Settings drop-down menu. You will now be able to toggle which settings are shown, which can include a flashlight, device monitor, mobile hotspot, and more.

BlackBerry 10.2.1 looks to be shaping up nicely and I am impatiently awaiting its release. What other enhancements would you like to see OS 10.2.1 bring in the update?
    Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:41 AM
    Wow, all sounds really great! I can't wait

Posted from my Z30.
    simmix369 likes this.
    11-10-13 07:43 AM
    Sounds really awesome! Its really getting better and better

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:45 AM
    To to able to have the latest Google maps, Audible and Sirius apps. A radio that could play CNN on tunein radio. Maybe have the weather on the drop down screen or constantly by wi-fi icon (without updating every min, to save battery).
    11-10-13 08:02 AM
    Hmm. Maybe I'm being nit-picky here, but they say to answer a call you swipe up. This is obviously wrong. Can we trust this source?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:04 AM
    Well, the unconfirmed part (magically integrated Google Play) sounds beyond fantastic. (In both senses of the word: I mean that it would be great, but also seems impossible to achieve -- unless the 10.2.1 Android runtime will support all Android apps, unlike all previous runtimes.)

And the relatively confirmed part sounds useless and stupid. Why switch from up/down to left/right? Other than introducing a new habit to be learned, and frustrating all users while they acclimate tl the new way, what's the point of fixing something that isn't broken?
    11-10-13 08:07 AM
    Changing from up/down to answer to left/right to further replicate Android is silly. Might as well change something else and bring back the squircle !
    11-10-13 10:29 AM
    Changing from up/down to answer to left/right to further replicate Android is silly. Might as well change something else and bring back the squircle !
    No idea why they would change the swiping direction.

Posted via CB10
    ShevyRock likes this.
    11-10-13 10:33 AM
    No idea why they would change the swiping direction.

Posted via CB10
    Me either. I don't know that there was ever any issue with that.

I keep my phone in my pocket, and it's not like I had problem answering after pulling it from my pocket. Which I was surprised about, but it never registered a swipe either way as I pulled the phone out.

And I don't think I've read of any other kind of issues around these forums related to which way you swipe to answer, or decline a call. Unless I just missed them.

Posted via CB10
    ShevyRock likes this.
    11-10-13 10:48 AM
    not cool. changing the swiping direction for answering calls is not cool. Thats one of the unique things about BB10. Apple slides from left to right, why would Blackberry want to implement that? they should NOT change it, and leave it the way it is. That's one of my most favorite subtle features of BB10 and I would be pissed if they decide to screw with it!
    11-10-13 11:00 AM
    I really like the call screen! It's one of the things that's actually different to every other os ( I know the swiping gesture to answer or reject has existed for some time) but the display on the call screen itself is certainly a nicer thing on bb10. By the description it sounds like it's becoming android esque.. that's not too cool...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:11 AM
    I would appreciate if they change the dialer app and make it zippy fast with a big new features baked in it.

Also an ability to use share menu on ports to native and native to ports.

Posted via my last BlackBerry Device- Loyalty expects loyalty.
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    11-10-13 11:32 AM
    Keep up and down swiping to answer or decline calls please. It's unique and different. I like it.
    11-10-13 11:38 AM
    IMHO, Google Play will never come to BlackBerry 10.

Google will not allow access from non-Android devices like BlackBerry 10 which does not run the original Android Dalvik VM.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:45 AM
    Man, I have to give BB some credit here. They're really churning out those updates quite quickly - well done!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-10-13 11:47 AM
    If they really must do this change, give us the option to have either.

Posted via CB10
    Hardays, Dude_9 and dejanh like this.
    11-10-13 11:48 AM
    Maybe they have a reason, maybe they have to in order to add something else? Let's wait and see before calling it stupid

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:52 AM
    i agree. and why change it when people have gotten used to it?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:52 AM
    I think if they integrate google play and allow Native BB10 features like baked in Share and Blackberry phone services to integrate with the apps it could be great. Blackberry users would get the best of Blackberry Apps and the best of Android Apps, while also getting the benefits of using BB10 without compromising for a stock Android OS
    11-10-13 12:05 PM
    I really don't think the change from up/down to answer and left/right is a big deal...they obviously have reasons...personally I like the up and down to answer and decline...but maybe this source didn't divulge all information and they are actually adding new features or functionality to the call screen and that is why they have to change it from left to right?? maybe while in a call you can swipe left or right to access other call features...like if you answer then you can swipe left again to get into a call note pad?!?! who knows...could be things like that which are in play and reasons why they changed it? maybe they felt it just looked cleaner to have it that way...only time will tell...ultimately we will all just use it and accept it

the quick setting is awesome!! 10.2.1 is looking awesome!
    11-10-13 12:09 PM
    I really don't think the change from up/down to answer and left/right is a big deal...they obviously have reasons...personally I like the up and down to answer and decline...but maybe this source didn't divulge all information and they are actually adding new features or functionality to the call screen and that is why they have to change it from left to right?? maybe while in a call you can swipe left or right to access other call features...like if you answer then you can swipe left again to get into a call note pad?!?! who knows...could be things like that which are in play and reasons why they changed it? maybe they felt it just looked cleaner to have it that way...only time will tell...ultimately we will all just use it and accept it

the quick setting is awesome!! 10.2.1 is looking awesome!
    And this is what I'm saying, this source didn't say much as to why and such, but I'm thinking there's a good reason, anyway..bring on 10.2.1!! Looks like it's going to be a hell of an OS!

Knew I made the right choice.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:15 PM
    And this is what I'm saying, this source didn't say much as to why and such, but I'm thinking there's a good reason, anyway..bring on 10.2.1!! Looks like it's going to be a hell of an OS!

Knew I made the right choice.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah...exactly not much there, but whenever there are these leaks and sources there is usually some truth...just need to wait to hear more about it all! but exactly! I'm more and more happy with my bb10 device as time goes on!! love it! although just wish i could get the Z30! lol

hoping for 10.2.1 to be out soon!
    11-10-13 12:20 PM
    Please don't change the phone to side swipe, I just got used to up and down. Please don't make 10.2.1 a halfway android stepping stone from os7!
    Please add keyboard answering - like hold A for one second to answer phone on q10/5 as an alternative
    Dude_9 likes this.
    11-10-13 12:47 PM
    I wonder if the person that wrote the piece has actually used a Z10. He says that it is UP to answer and DOWN to reject when the opposite is true.
    11-10-13 01:05 PM
    I prefer swiping up and down

Posted from my awesome Z30 on O2 UK with 10.2.0.224
    Dude_9 and dejanh like this.
    11-10-13 01:38 PM
180 123 ...