Hi,

I've installed the 10.2.0.424 and it's not working out so well. Lots of bugs and texting issues when I try and text my contacts from either the [B]CONTACT app or MESSAGES app. I am wondering how I can revert back to the official version of 10.1 for my BLACKBERRY Q10.

Also, the 10.2 version i have on my Q10 is not a leak. It was the official version released that I downloaded off Bell.
    I heard that I could revert or roll back from an AUTOLOADER but I'm not too sure how to do that because I've never done it before.

If someone could put it in simple terms and help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
    11-03-13 01:15 PM
    Try backing up and running a security wipe before downgrading.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:16 PM
    Try backing up and running a security wipe before downgrading.

Posted via CB10
    I've already done a back up, and did a full OS reload through BB link. It fixed some but not all bugs. Is a security wipe just a factory restore?
    11-03-13 01:18 PM
    I've already done a back up, and did a full OS reload through BB link. It fixed some but not all bugs. Is a security wipe just a factory restore?
    Security wipe wipes out anything that isn't the OS/radio on the phone, in this case 1791/1792.

If possible, back up, run a security wipe, set up the phone and try whatever's giving problems before restoring. Then, the problem can be classified as either due to the load or due to the backup.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:30 PM
    Got too agree with the security wipe. Didn't like the idea myself but the phone works now, even instant previews in BBM.

From my Q5
    11-03-13 03:15 PM
    Always do a security wipe after an upgrade, leaked or not.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    11-03-13 04:12 PM
    The only problem I seem to have is when I get a text message. Takes about a minute for it to open it then when I try and reply it's about another 30 seconds

That and my battery is so poor

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:22 PM
    The only problem I seem to have is when I get a text message. Takes about a minute for it to open it then when I try and reply it's about another 30 seconds

Posted via CB10
    Hey Duncan how much texting history do you have saved on the phone?

There is a known issue if you have a huge history of texts, download SMS backup backup your texts then delete all of them from the hub then try again see if that fixes it.

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    11-03-13 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    As for your battery it'll be kinda cappy for about a day or two whole the phones database gets indexed and such from the upgrade after that 1791 has great battery life it just eats a lot of cpu and therefore battery while it's getting setup

11-03-13 06:42 PM
    Security wipe wipes out anything that isn't the OS/radio on the phone, in this case 1791/1792.

If possible, back up, run a security wipe, set up the phone and try whatever's giving problems before restoring. Then, the problem can be classified as either due to the load or due to the backup.

Posted via CB10
    So back up the Q10 before I do a security wipe? Once the security wipe is complete I then proceed to doing a restore through blackberry link?
    11-03-13 07:41 PM
    So back up the Q10 before I do a security wipe? Once the security wipe is complete I then proceed to doing a restore through blackberry link?
    Yeah. Although you can try delaying the restore, to see if the text issues and other bugs are due to the OS or due to something in the user data.
    11-03-13 09:29 PM
    Hey Duncan how much texting history do you have saved on the phone?

There is a known issue if you have a huge history of texts, download SMS backup backup your texts then delete all of them from the hub then try again see if that fixes it.

Texts sorted. Many many thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 03:30 AM
    Always do a security wipe after an upgrade, leaked or not.

Posted via CB10
    Hey,
    So before the security wipe, I do a back up in BB link. After the Back up is complete I proceed to do the security wipe. When the wipe is complete I restore my phone through the same back up I completed prior to the wipe.

This is process correct?
    11-04-13 07:05 PM
    Hey,
    So before the security wipe, I do a back up in BB link. After the Back up is complete I proceed to do the security wipe. When the wipe is complete I restore my phone through the same back up I completed prior to the wipe.

This is process correct?
    Yep.
    11-04-13 07:09 PM