It's good so far. (Z10 STL-100-1)

I did an OTA on wifi and it took 20 mins to download and install but it got stuck at boot up for close to 30 mins.

Cons so far:

- I see a lag when app is minimized to frames.

- A very slight lag when scrolling through apps.

- Battery consumption is high. 10% or so in an hour.(will see after a day or so)

- Keyboard sometime behaves weird.

- Internal phone memory is still not addressed. I am sitting at 14.5 GB data already. And it did give some msg saying my memory is close to full etc.. (a big issue I suppose)

- bbm chat goes to top if it has reached a limit. Its still not addressed. (don't know what is it that they are taking so much time to fix it)

- I didn't see any change or update to fb, twitter and linkedin apps. They still look the same especially fb needs a good update asap.

- Skype app still very bad. (a random check though)

10.2 would be the update. Waiting for it. 3 months to go.

Share your feedback and experience so that if bb is reading this, they know what needs to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 12:10 AM
    I'm guessing it has to settle down like the 10.1?

I'm wondering if battery optimizations are in the changelog.
    07-30-13 12:13 AM
    Yeah any update would need some time to settle for normal usage. I'm waiting for that only.

These are my initial thoughts on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 12:25 AM
    Still waiting (rather impatiently), South Africa.
    Jared18 likes this.
    07-30-13 12:31 AM
    It will come soon. even I am waiting for these apps updates. Fb, twitter and linkedin.

Posted via CB10
    chgaida likes this.
    07-30-13 12:37 AM
    Updated with Bell today. General UI has sped up quite a bit. It's a bit smoother, but still not pre-10.1.
    There is still stutters when navigating through app tray.
    But generally surprised with noticeable improvement.
    ...ya lost my texts though.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 12:40 AM
    No issues at all. After the initial bootup, I'm noticing everything seems to run faster and more smooth. Skype seems to be working better for me. Even loading time when rebooting seems to be much more quick. Don't see any difference in the facebook app though.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:40 AM
    battery seems alright for me. Still the same. Lasted me the whole day.

It does seem a little smoother though.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:41 AM
    I don't have any stutters flipping through app trays, but I do still have a major jitter when tapping "Hub" in the.. er.. Hub.
    07-30-13 01:45 AM
    Why would there be any updates to apps?

Anyways, it's a maintenance release so I don't expect much. Things do seem to be running a bit smoother though.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm and gg bb like this.
    07-30-13 01:47 AM
    We had to reinitialize our emails. I have a particular gmail account I want synced just for email, not for calendar and contacts, but it seems to be trying to force me to sync all of it.
    07-30-13 01:59 AM
    That's great if people are finding not many of issues.

For apps, they had mentioned something in the detailed change log but I am not sure if apps would be updated or its a backend thing..

For me so far, battery life is just decent. For sure it can be more.

Internal memory filling up fast is really a big issue for me and plenty of other people. I don't want to wipe and re install the OS. I am keeping it the way it came.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 02:00 AM
    We had to reinitialize our emails. I have a particular gmail account I want synced just for email, not for calendar and contacts, but it seems to be trying to force me to sync all of it.
    So I just went ahead and synced what look like was going to be everything. Even though it said Gmail was going to manage my calendar and contacts too, it only synced my email, as was the case before the update. All is good.
    07-30-13 02:18 AM
    Same here!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 02:22 AM
    My Q10 Calendar is WHITE now. Oh!
    07-30-13 02:50 AM
    Another thing that seems better now is swiping up. I have the otterbox defender case for my Z10, and it seems much easier to swipe up from the bottom now!

Posted via CB10
    shads77 and seacan2 like this.
    07-30-13 03:06 AM
    Just received the update notification in Switzerland with Orange.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 03:23 AM
    The reason most of us will not see a difference to the LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter apps is because we have already updated these apps early this month along with BlackBerry World more recently for those who weren't on a 10.1.0.4xxx leak where BlackBerry World was already updated, but for anyone that still hasn't updated them which is unlikely but possible, those apps will now be updated as part of the official update to10.1.0.4181, to bring the apps up to speed!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dealz417; 07-30-13 at 04:39 AM.
    07-30-13 04:25 AM
    Pretty solid update.I wish the inbox jump to next,previous gesture extended to in app peek. Thats about.
    07-30-13 04:53 AM
    Losing ALL TEXT MESSAGES is the biggest downside I've discovered so far. (Texting a contact does not restore them for me).

Other changes:

- Tutorials app has appeared
    - iCloud Calendar and Address book syncing again
    - Calendar has changed from black to white
    - swipe to next and previous messages in Hub

The not so good:

- Remember still not syncing
    - Rogue calendar entries still appearing in the Hub message list pull down.
    07-30-13 04:53 AM
    So major areas of improvement over MR are,

1. Internal Memory usage
    2. Battery Life (bad but can improve) considering the heavy usage we expect going into 10.2.
    3. Some people reporting loss of SMSes
    4. There still a very slight shutter when swiping through active frames and apps pages.
    5. Social apps need to be updated as its not clear what they meant by in the change log. Is it app update or backend OS optimization with these apps updated previously.

A bit of heated phone now.

Pretty good work BlackBerry. We are almost there. Keep up the good work and keep us moving infact on our toes.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by prateek.samtani; 07-30-13 at 08:10 AM.
    07-30-13 05:02 AM
    I didn't lose all my texts so that was good but my battery life on my Z10 isn't very good now..the battery drains so much faster now..any idea as to why?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 05:03 AM
    I didn't lose all my texts so that was good but my battery life on my Z10 isn't very good now..the battery drains so much faster now..any idea as to why?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure though. As OS requires a day or so to settle in as per our usage. But also it be some loss of battery optimizations it had done previously. I'm sure it can be improved further with a lot of optimizations, player update, radio file update and loss of battery when phone is locked.

You can try to disable swipe to unlock and using a pouch or holster. They help in saving a lot of juice.

Posted via CB10
    bigr3n likes this.
    07-30-13 05:12 AM
    You are talking about the screen that appears after you enter your Gmail address and password. That is a generic Google screen. If your account was only for Gmail that is all that will be synced.
    07-30-13 05:21 AM
    I get an annoying problem since the update. My Facebook account logs out, and I get a warning from the Hub to put my password. Any fix?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 05:22 AM
194 123 ...