I know this has been posted before without a solid answer, so I'd like to start another thread.
    Is there any word of RIM selling unlocked BB10 devices on launch? Many carriers and/or countries are not getting them until after 3 months. So it would certainly be awesome to buy one on their website and have it delivered on my door.
    Also, why are they holding on with BIS? I can see people sticking their prior cellphone's SIM card only to find out they cant use data because you need a special BlackBerry data plan. That wouldn't make such a great impression for the newcomers, would it?
    12-27-12 10:46 PM
    There's only been on carrier with pre-orders so far. G_d only knows if any will sell unlocked phones off contract, but probably.

RIM isn't going to end that which makes it secure, and carries it's services. There has been discussion of an option to run without it. So far though, they've managed for years without violent uproar.
    12-28-12 10:36 AM
    There's only been on carrier with pre-orders so far. G_d only knows if any will sell unlocked phones off contract, but probably.

RIM isn't going to end that which makes it secure, and carries it's services. There has been discussion of an option to run without it. So far though, they've managed for years without violent uproar.
    I was talking about RIM selling them unbranded, unlocked and directly from BlackBerry.com upon launch.

BIS should, indeed, be an option. Im all in for security, but many don't care at all.

Thanks for your time.
    12-28-12 11:04 AM