Here's an interesting tool. Bell Mobility has a page where you can compare data usage amongst a number of platforms. We all know that BB10 phones do not require BIS (the BlackBerry Internet Service) which means that data will not be as highly compressed as we were used to. So how much is data really compressed? Certainly text is very compressible, but binaries like mp3 files, videos, apps, and other such files are not very compressible, so in the real world does BIS make as much of a difference as you think? According to this calculator, not so much! I don't know where the numbers came from, but assuming that Bell has no real reason to pull them out of their wazoo, the comparisons are valid. Note that I slid the sliders fully to the power user end of the spectrum. YMMV.
    My data usage is higher on a BlackBerry 10 device than on previous versions
    Data calculator: Bell Mobility data usage calculator - see how much data you really need
    Attached Thumbnails BIS:  How much realworld value does its compression offer?-data_comparo_bb10_vs_bb7.jpg  
    02-06-13 06:41 PM
    it probably halves the ACTUAL use, so that if it suggests 2GB it actually uses 4... so you buy the 2GB plan and then have to pay out the a$s for an extra 2gb.
    bell is a bunch of scammers.

and i just signed a new 3yr term
    02-06-13 06:52 PM
    I guess that result gets conflated with the possibility of actually using the phone more (e.g., I imagine you will browse more on a wicked fast Z10 than when you needed to wait 8 minutes for a page to load on BBOS...).
    02-06-13 06:56 PM
    if you travel quite a bit to diff countries, then it's very valuable.

roaming on bis is a huge advantage.
    02-06-13 07:00 PM
    if you travel quite a bit to diff countries, then it's very valuable.

roaming on bis is a huge advantage.
    Very true - especially with Canadian carriers having such excellent international roaming terms
    02-06-13 07:01 PM