If I don't have facebook but I already have a few birthdays saved for my contacts, how can I get notifications to pop up on the same day?
    I am not getting any notifications at the moment

Thanks

Posted via my Q10 from T- MobileBlackBerry Pin:2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    08-22-13 12:22 AM
    I don't think the contact application will generate birthday reminders. In fact I use the calendar for Birthday reminders. Mind you I could be wrong about the contacts application.
    08-22-13 12:54 AM
    I'm pretty sure that the notifications are generated by the Calendar, not the contacts application. For example, I receive birthday reminders for contacts that have birthday information entered. I have my contacts synced with an Outlook.com account, which offers a Birthday calendar (which is also synced to my phone).
    08-22-13 02:51 AM
    I use the Google birthday calendar with my gmail contacts... I tried everything to get my BlackBerry calendar to pull from my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 03:08 AM
    Just let Facebook sync with your agenda. Birthdays and events will be out in there and you get all notifications.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-22-13 03:12 AM
    I use an app called MeeBirthdays. It'll scan your contacts looking for birthdates and anniversaries and then set a reminder in your calendar. Works like a charm and it's free.

Posted via CB10
    Intense Soul and CMcRob like this.
    08-22-13 07:16 AM
    I use an app called MeeBirthdays. It'll scan your contacts looking for birthdates and anniversaries and then set a reminder in your calendar. Works like a charm and it's free.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks mate that works! Too bad BlackBerry doesn't have this as a native functionality

Posted via my Q10 from T- MobileBlackBerry Pin:2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    08-24-13 01:45 AM
    If I don't have facebook but I already have a few birthdays saved for my contacts, how can I get notifications to pop up on the same day?
    I am not getting any notifications at the moment

Thanks

I use my mail at outlook.com and it synchronises perfectly with my Q10's calendar. The reminders occur as in the calendar. You have only to specify the "yearly" occurance of the "meeting" and write it in Outlook in the "birthday calendar"... very satisfied. Google sends reminders as short message (sms) and reminders per e-mail, but outlook's calendars are shown on your device like the other calendar meetings and the reminders pop up like the device-calendar-pop up.
    Hope it helped.

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    08-24-13 06:15 AM