Again, wo are these people that describe tech blogs as journalism? I've never heard or read a single reasonable person make such a claim. The question here is whether or not the info is legit, and quite honestly it's as good an explanation as anything else.
    Here's one that uses BGR as their source for this "news story": link.

And the guy does have the word "Reports" in his moniker... so some people will take it as news.
    12-22-11 10:50 AM
    One, you have no history. BGR does a lot of reporting, some good and some bad. You're just a guy on a forum trying to win an argument.

Two, it's clearly B.S., because if Google planned that far in advance they would never have released Wave or Buzz.

Three, the struggle to bring native e-mail and PIM features to the QNX-based platform is well documented; The name of Android 7.0 is not.

Therefore, your comment isn't "as good as anything else out there", but by all means feel free to give it another shot.
    Thank you for missing my point. And I have history in real journalism.
    12-22-11 10:53 AM
    Despite the fact that it HAS been tested out by people on here, even the writers on this site and there have been no words to corroborate BGR's article..? And really, having read the reviews here, the writers call a spade a spade.
    Careful, your bias is showing.

RIM is not in any position to wait a year to release new phones. I don't for one second believe that delay is due to a mythical processor - how long have they been crowing QNX? I'm sorry but anyone who actually buys and is okay with a year long delay being because of a processor is being naive.

If BGR said the phones were excellent, PIM is grand and OS10 is the second coming, we'd be seeing everyone fall over themselves to praise BGR.

I dont see the people saying they've been using the email showing up to say it does work either. I haven't seen Kevin saying much about it. NDA aside it wouldn't be much to say its great but nothing.

Of course if Kevin or Bla1ze came out and said something not positive about RIM they get jumped on and reported as trolls. On their own site. The last time Kevin said something remotely negative threads appeared demanding he step down. Bla1ze has actually posted he got reported as a troll.

You honestly TRULY believe that a year long delay is okay and that's it's because of a chip? I'm honestly curious. What's the excuse on the almost year long delay with the new OS on the PB? Something in QNX doesnt play nice with existing BB services. That much is clear.

Edit

I have history in real journalism too. I said it on a message board so it must be true. Yes it was editing my college newspaper but I got paid for it so real journalist. Sorry but dismissing BGR with his page views because according to you he's only 23 and you have a history in real journalism is disingenuous at best.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 12-22-11 at 10:59 AM.
    Rickroller and JeepBB like this.
    12-22-11 10:54 AM
    What RIM would need to do, is show off working PIM at CES, both on the PB, and if possible the BB10 phones. That would eliminate all of this crap. The delays need to stop. And this much I have said in the past. Do NOT announce anything until its ready to be in the consumer's hands. If its only a max 60 days before hand so what. At least they will KNOW its coming soon. Not "sometime"
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 12-22-11 at 10:57 AM.
    Rickroller and JeepBB like this.
    12-22-11 10:54 AM
    Here's one that uses BGR as their source for this "news story": link.

And the guy does have the word "Reports" in his moniker... so some people will take it as news.
    Actually it's the word "Report", and if that's all it takes, then I guess "The Colbert Report" is journalism also.
    12-22-11 10:56 AM
    And I have history in real journalism.
    You're good at hiding it.
    Last edited by Economist101; 12-22-11 at 11:00 AM.
    pseudo7 likes this.
    12-22-11 10:58 AM
    You're good at hiding it.
    ROFL. Im sorry this is way off topic but you two going back and forth is hilarious.
    Rickroller likes this.
    12-22-11 10:59 AM
    But Apple isn't hanging it's future on a new OS like RIM is. And unlike Apple that keeps everything they do very quite, RIM has been talking about this magical OS for over a year already.

I understanding waiting on a newer chipset that will use less power. Besides LTE is still not available in many US markets, not sure about the rest of the world....

But delaying a new devices with a the OS that is suppose to "turn around" your company... just doesn't make sense. Unless that OS is not ready to be released.
    ah, have you checked Verizon's 4G map lately??
    12-22-11 10:59 AM
    You hide it well.
    Never said I wrote for a living, did I?
    12-22-11 11:00 AM
    What RIM would need to do, is show off working PIM at CES, both on the PB, and if possible the BB10 phones. That would eliminate all of this crap. The delays need to stop. And this much I have said in the past. Do NOT announce anything until its ready to be in the consumer's hands. If its only a max 60 days before hand so what. At least they will KNOW its coming soon. Not "sometime"
    That's exactly what needs to happen.

If it doesn't, that would be very telling as to the true state of the magical unicorn operating system we keep hearing about.

12-22-11 11:01 AM
    Geller is at it again. Lovely how much the basterd loves to bash RIM.
    12-22-11 11:02 AM
    The claim that they can't get e-mail working is a bald-faced lie. We've seen it in demos. I also saw at least pieces of it in the emulator (there's no interface to read/write/edit e-mail--likely a business decision to keep this under wraps until launch--but you can add accounts and receive notifications).

The developer preview of PBOS 2.0 is stable and shows some pretty good Android compatibility. To say RIM doesn't have a working product ready is just plain wrong.
    12-22-11 11:02 AM
    To say RIM doesn't have a working product ready is just plain wrong.
    Well if they have a "working product ready" where is it? Why no official release? If it's to work bugs out, then it's not really "ready".
    12-22-11 11:05 AM
    Ok.. I have a contact with Android that says Android 7.0 is going to be named Banana Split

Legit info..? BS? PR Leak?

It's as good as anything else out there, right..?
    Actually no lol. It's a known fact that each build is dessert based and in alphabetical order. If you really wanted to try to make a point you'd go with jelly donut or jellybean or jello.

I can't believe I just typed that. Lol

RIM needs to respond to this ASAP. IF they remain silent than they have nothing to dispute the claim.

Tim
    Some allegations are SO groundless that responding only lends them credibility.
    Thats very true, the issue is the LTE chipset doesnt say the reason why they arent releasing NON LTE devices in the short term. They should at least address that. A "curve" type BB10 device.
    12-22-11 11:07 AM
    Yes..like that "No OS 2.0 until February" allegation BGR published...
    Rello likes this.
    You don't need to "say" it; the incomplete sentences are evidence enough. But confirmation is always welcome.
    avt123 likes this.
    You keep crowing about some sort of a real history in journalism though as though it makes everything you type gospel.

The issue here is BGR has been on the money with RIM reports lately, RIMs excuses didn't make sense and this source has just said what a lot of people were thinking - something more is happening.

12-22-11 11:08 AM
    Am I missing something here? We know that RIM is having trouble integrating PIM and BBM on the PlayBook OS but isn't this just for multiple devices on the same ID. I mean the servers are perfectly capable of sending an OTA download link for OS 2 to a single PIN and I assume it would be the same with PIM and BBM on the BB10 handhelds should it be PIN based...

How can this guy call the entire OS a failure because they cannot have multiple devices on their existing infrastructure.
    Well if they have a "working product ready" where is it? Why no official release? If it's to work bugs out, then it's not really "ready".
    As far as I'm concerned, they could release the PB developer preview now. Wi-Fi actually works and Android compatibility is respectable. I suspect some of the delay is a business decision; polish it up and make some significant new app announcements at CES and the 2.0 launch suddenly looks a lot more interesting.
    Actually no lol. It's a known fact that each build is dessert based and in alphabetical order. If you really wanted to try to make a point you'd go with jelly donut or jellybean or jello.

Well 7.0 would be 3 versions more than they're at..so it would be something like Lemon Pie, or Lollipop
    12-22-11 11:09 AM

Sorry...my source says they're going back..to the B's. Wait for Geller to confirm it..
    12-22-11 11:09 AM
    Watch yourself; there's a trap right in front of you.
    12-22-11 11:10 AM
    Well 7.0 would be 3 versions more than they're at..so it would be something like Lemon Pie, or Lollipop
    Filed under S for Split, banana..
    12-22-11 11:10 AM
305 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD