I'm sure that at least one BlackBerry 10 device had been sold in the US over the past year.

My understanding of basic math leads me to believe that 1 is greater than 0.0...

Source: BlackBerry U.S. market share now 0% | BGR

BlackBerry has become the Bluto Blutarsky of the American smartphone market because, as Dean Wormer once said to Bluto, its market share is now ?zero? point? zero.? Consumer Intelligence Research Partners on Thursday came out with its latest numbers on mobile market share in the United States and found that BlackBerry devices accounted for 0% of all smartphone activations in the fourth quarter of 2013, which isn?t too surprising considering that the company spent a good chunk of the quarter with a ?For Sale? sign hung around its neck. In its last earnings report, BlackBerry said it only sold 1.9 million total smartphones on the quarter and most of those were BlackBerry 7 devices targeted toward emerging markets, so BlackBerry posting a 0% market share in the U.S. over that period is well within the realm of possibility. BlackBerry launched BlackBerry 10 exactly one year ago in the hopes that the new platform would revive its flagging handset sales. Needless to say, it didn?t. CIRP?s press release follows below.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 01-31-14 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Wrapped quote in [QUOTE] tags
    Dr J39 likes this.
    01-30-14 01:06 PM
    I guess they were rounding up the numbers to troll harder. Typical clickbait from BGR.
    joejuck, CDM76, ddlax22 and 2 others like this.
    01-30-14 01:10 PM
    impossible, I know of at least 1000 devices sold in the last quarter. Take that and divide by the total devices sold and you get a minimum percentage. lol
    01-30-14 01:10 PM
    BGR will find any excuse. Those editors have been psychologically damaged by something.

Sent from my Z10
    01-30-14 01:15 PM
    I'm sure that at least one BlackBerry 10 device had been sold in the US over the past year.

My understanding of basic math leads me to believe that 1 is greater than 0.0...
    You forget one important mathematical rule - to multiply with the BGR factor... BGR * (BlackBerry * Anything about BlackBerry) = 0

Anything BlackBerry Multiplied with the BGR factor always results in 0

Start reading Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse instead - you would get more true facts than what BGR usually serves
    tte404, aminrajabi, sxchan and 5 others like this.
    01-30-14 01:34 PM
    Well I guess the 60,000 or so however many BB10 devices sold to the DoD doesn't count in those numbers that BGR "found"
    01-30-14 02:14 PM
    BGR seems to be a disgrace to humanity, making idiotic statements like that.
    Even if there was just one device in circulation, it cannot be 0%.
    A shame that there is no laws against pathetic loosers like that, which prohibits them to lie.
    Their stupidity and ineptitude is staggering...

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:32 PM
    I am the 0%....

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:37 PM
    I saw that this morning, no clue why I still visit that site. All it does is raise my blood pressure with the anti-BB blogs they constantly post. I don't understand why they (and many of the commenters) are so emotionally invested in BB doing poorly. It's like they are almost cheering for the company to fail.
    brunoxrs, bungaboy and arif3000 like this.
    01-30-14 02:45 PM
    Well I guess the 60,000 or so however many BB10 devices sold to the DoD doesn't count in those numbers that BGR "found"
    DoD came out with statement that those 80k deployed were NOT new devices but existing inventory deployed to a new network.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    01-30-14 02:49 PM
    BGR contributors are a bunch of morons. Nothing worth reading there except for a bunch of laughs. The articles are far too opinionated and biased. It seems that author is purposely posting flame bait and relishes the backlash from the CB community.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    01-30-14 03:42 PM
    BGR must have their heads up their ... you know where ... hehehe .... 0.0% market share is mathematically impossible ... There must be enough BB devices out there to have at least 0.001% .... Why do they even waste time writing an article like that? More importantly, why pay someone's salary to write crap like that? They should just donate the money to a better cause ...
    acovey likes this.
    01-30-14 04:01 PM
    Why post anything about them here
    It just gives them attention that they don't deserve. I never go to their site

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 04:10 PM
    It looks like the survey chart shows Blackberry at 0%. In the article, however, they exaggerated it a bit to "0.0" to match up with the famous Animal House quote of Blutarsky's GPA. It falsely implies a level of accuracy that isn't represented on the chart. 0% could reasonably mean anything as low as 0.5% rounded down or even 0.9% truncated to the lower integer.
    01-30-14 04:16 PM
    BGR is a joke. A person can make an entire website on BGR amateur hour. I remember where the loser started from and far from a tech writer
    Paisley Pirate and perabyte like this.
    01-30-14 04:16 PM
    It looks like the survey chart shows Blackberry at 0%. In the article, however, they exaggerated it a bit to "0.0" to match up with the famous Animal House quote of Blutarsky's GPA. It falsely implies a level of accuracy that isn't represented on the chart. 0% could reasonably mean anything as low as 0.5% rounded down or even 0.9% truncated to the lower integer.
    There is no rounding up or down. 0% = 0%!
    It is precisely just that. Everything else is NOT 0%.

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-30-14 04:21 PM
    Anything BlackBerry Multiplied with the BGR factor always results in 0
    That makes the BGR factor (lets shorten that to BGR) 0
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    01-30-14 04:39 PM
    the sad part about this is consumers trust bloggers more than information straight from the manufacturer.

i stopped going to bgr a while ago. terrible blog that will do anything to drive traffic.
    01-30-14 04:41 PM
    It seems like they can't "report" with any accuracy and they can't "calculate" with any accuracy..

They are the Jerry Springer of TECH Sites (just read the comments they let their readers get away with) .. in fact I wouldn't even consider them a TECH Site.. and neither should you
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-30-14 04:42 PM
    It seems like they can't "report" with any accuracy and they can't "calculate" with any accuracy..

They are the Jerry Springer of TECH Sites (just read the comments they let their readers get away with) .. in fact I wouldn't even consider them a TECH Site.. and neither should you
    Although, it is fun to see stupid people fighting each other, sometimes. BGR is more like Seltzer and Friedberg (of Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans and Vampires Suck infame).

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 04:50 PM
    The report BGR cites speaks to "activations" for a specific quarter, and interprets that as "market share". The ***** who wrote that- and BGR- SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING REVOKED for that biased reporting!!!
    01-30-14 04:57 PM
    Chen should sue these ****ers their ****'s off for spreading false information

Posted via CB10.
    pvphooman likes this.
    01-30-14 05:24 PM
    Their numbers aren't even correct. BlackBerry sold 1.1 million bb10 and 3.2 million bbos devices in the quarter, so that's quite a bit more than 1.9 million.

If they want to bash blackberry, they could at least get their numbers right.

This requires them, literally, to spend 5 minutes looking at the latest earnings report instead of 20 seconds

Posted from my 9900, z10, z30 or PlayBook
    Last edited by The Aficionado; 01-30-14 at 06:11 PM.
    01-30-14 05:34 PM
    BlackBerry flame bait seems to be their specialty. I bought my Z30 from Verizon in November, upgrading from a iPhone 5. I'm so glad I did. Best smartphone I've ever owned. Now I just need to continue to wait patiently for Verizon to release 10.2.1 to the Z30.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-30-14 05:44 PM
    Did anyone see this week's episode of The Blacklist? There was a passing slam at BlackBerry. I noticed it because I'm the only person I know who actually owns a BB (and won't give up my Z10 without a fight).
    kbz1960 and howards like this.
    01-30-14 06:10 PM
169 123 ...