I may have to make a tough decision soon to replace my Z10 due to the screen not displaying correctly even after replacing it. The Z10 is my 3rd BB as I am not a fan of the Iphone and Androids. I use my BB for both work and personal use and like the way I have it set up. Whats the easiest way to make the switch to another BB easy. I've used the BB Desktop in the past to do it but it was good but I noticed somethings did always come over or set up right, i.e. the password keeper.

One thing I noticed is text messages didn't come over. This would be a big problem for me because for work I get a large amount of texts with pictures attached and its easy to search for them when I need to go back, sometimes even months.

When switching to the Z10, I had to back up my previous Bold and and then use it on the Z10 which cause some havoc because of the different OSes.

Anyone have any ideas on how to go about this. I read awhile back that there's a way to save information to the SD card and then unpack on a new BB but can't find it now.

Thanks for the help.
    01-25-16 08:12 AM
    I taught LINK would fully backup and restore SMS messages.....

And LINK has a Switch Devices feature. But there are a number of 3rd Party App (SMS Backup) that should also work.

Just search SMS Backup in BBW and look at the different apps that come up, check out the latest reviews and see which one you might want to try.
    01-25-16 09:13 AM
    I sync all my contacts calendar and email with an office 365 account. So I just change devices and add the o365 account. It takes a while but everything loads up just fine. And the apps are tied to my BBID. Finally, I keep my music and photos on the micro SD card. So that just moves.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 02:06 PM