Hey guys. Been away for awhile. Been using iPhone. Decided to get a BB again as I just want a communications phone. What BB with a keyboard would you recommend as the best all around to get right now. I think I should get a bb10 device. My options seemed to be a Q10 or Classic. Is there any others in the pipeline? I like the Q10. Cheaper too. But the toolbelt seems like a nice addition too. What would you guys recommend going with? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-20-15 11:15 AM
    I feel Q5 has the best keyboard but since you're not considering that and if you can afford a Classic then go for Classic without even thinking about it 'cause it won't disappoint you, with that being said, no BlackBerry device disappoints. It just gets better and better with every new device. I'm sure you're aware about BlackBerry Passport which will be the best if you can afford of course. In the end it's your choice. Q10 or Classic, both are good but Classic is newer and I will say, go for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    motor96 likes this.
    05-20-15 11:21 AM
    I suppose I'm a tad biased since all 5 of my BB phones have had the toolbelt, but I'm down with the Classic for sure.

Even for all the things BB10 still needs to have updated / fixed, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Even if my job didn't forbid cameras, I don't think I'd trade in this phone. I have my ipad for IOS and I'm on vacation from Android, so the Classic suits me just fine.
    motor96 likes this.
    05-20-15 11:35 AM
    After using Blackberry since Bold 9000 , i feel 9700 was the best according to me.
    Currently I am using a Blackberry Q10 , but i am facing issue with the keyboard, the double typing issue.
    Same problem with my friend who is using The Blackberry Classic.
    dmlis and motor96 like this.
    05-20-15 11:42 AM
    I am sure a newer version of Q5 with some really better specs would be hit for BlackBerry. Many opt for Q10 over Q5 just 'cause of the improved specs. What BlackBerry needs to release next is newer version of Q5 say with an 8 megapixel back camera and increased memory and a few other things like battery. Q5 has the most well spaced keyboard and typing is really a smooth experience with Q5. I wish for a newer version of Q5 to be released someday.

Posted via CB, using a Q5
    motor96 likes this.
    05-20-15 11:51 AM
    I considered the passport but I want something more compact. Does the tool belt add to bb10 or get in the way?

05-20-15 11:55 AM
    I loved the toolbelt on my Curves, Bold, and Torch but honestly I haven't really missed it on my Q10. I would say get the Q10 but there is the double typing issue with the keyboard. Assuming it's compatible with your carrier I'd seriously consider a Q5 as it seems to have a more reliable keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 02:15 PM
    Since you say that you just want a communications phone, then I recommend the Q5. It just works. No problems. And the price is right. It is a great little phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 06:01 AM
    Voting for the Q5 too. Great keyboard, size, battery life,etc. No double typing issues that others have reported for Q10 and Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 07:25 AM
    I haven't used Classic. However, Q10 is better than others like Q5, 9900... The Q10 keyboard is so great even PP keyboard can not win. The drawback of Q10 is small screen.
    05-21-15 07:55 AM
    After using a Q5 I was considering a Q10 for the slightly better specs. Then I saw one a few days ago and didn't like the screen--a very dim amoled. No comparison to the Q5's bright LCD.

Plus, the Q5 has crazy good signal strength. I have a couple other recent posts showing the Q5 and Sony Xperia Z3 side by side with the Q5 showing a 28 dBm better signal on the Q5. Huge difference!

The Q5 also has 3-6 dBm better signal than my passport.

My wife's iPhone 5 showed the same 28 dBm worse signal as the Z3 so you would notice a big difference with the Q5.
    05-21-15 08:36 AM
    After using a Q5 I was considering a Q10 for the slightly better specs. Then I saw one a few days ago and didn't like the screen--a very dim amoled. No comparison to the Q5's bright LCD.

Plus, the Q5 has crazy good signal strength. I have a couple other recent posts showing the Q5 and Sony Xperia Z3 side by side with the Q5 showing a 28 dBm better signal on the Q5. Huge difference!

The Q5 also has 3-6 dBm better signal than my passport.

My wife's iPhone 5 showed the same 28 dBm worse signal as the Z3 so you would notice a big difference with the Q5.
    Part of the reason is that the Q5 has a pretty high SAR rating. 1.33 at the head and .85 at the body.

I'd recommend the Q10, but I've already had to replace the keyboard after just a few months due to double-typing (fixed it right up, though). The Q5 is a special phone, however. Can't go wrong with it for the price.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 08:52 AM
    If we are just talking typing experience then the Classic is the best phone.

If the Classic had been built as a premium phone like the Passport it would be an amazing phone. I miss the nice feel of the Q10 glass weave & find the specs slightly lacking when loading apps ect. I also find it a bit heavy.

I'm looking forward to the Classic 2. I want it to be a high-end device with Qualcomm 820 (or better) 3GB ram (or better) USB 3.1, wireless charging, a higher rez screen & a capacitive keyboard....Oh & a convenience key would be nice.

What can I say? A boy can dream...

Posted via CB10
    GPuba likes this.
    05-21-15 09:24 AM
    In terms of ideal keyboard, the Classic wins that. In terms of a performing device with a QWERTY keyboard, Passport.
    05-21-15 01:44 PM
    I do recommend to try all of them before making a choice. I liked 9700 among all old phones. I bought Q10, got used to it eventually and waited for Classic (toolbelt, yes). But when I tried the Classic, I realised that it is just too big for my hands. And built-in battery... not for my life style.
    So, I stick with Q10 for now.
    05-21-15 02:00 PM
    Hey guys. Been away for awhile. Been using iPhone. Decided to get a BB again as I just want a communications phone. What BB with a keyboard would you recommend as the best all around to get right now. I think I should get a bb10 device. My options seemed to be a Q10 or Classic. Is there any others in the pipeline? I like the Q10. Cheaper too. But the toolbelt seems like a nice addition too. What would you guys recommend going with? Thanks

I've used a Q10 and Classic extensively (I own a Q10 and my gf owns a Classic), and the Classic has a better keyboard, I can type significantly faster with far fewer errors on the classic.

Have not used the Q5 at all so I can't comment.

I do have a hunch that the Q5 would be a great phone, no double typing issues ever on that keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-21-15 09:35 PM
    In terms of ideal keyboard, the Classic wins that. In terms of a performing device with a QWERTY keyboard, Passport.
    I like the Q10 keyboard more than the Classic keyboard. It feels crisper. And in that case, the Q5 might have the best full querty of the whole bunch.

Passport is quite good, but fatigue sets in when having to reach up and tap the screen for special characters. (swipe and type is to slow for me in certain situations).

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 10:59 AM