Coming from iPhone / Ominfocus and returning soon to BB is there an obvious choice for a productivity app to use on BB OS10 (and Mac)

Thanks

Is Rex ToDo Matrix any good still? Or is it lagging behind nowadays? It was very basic last time I used it (4 or 5 years ago)

Any Android GTD apps that could get side loaded?

Thanks in advance
    04-01-13 12:04 PM
    Get it done app, it's in BlackBerry world
    04-01-13 12:11 PM
    Is blackberry world access from iOS safari intentionally sabotaged? (by apple?)

I can never access it from my iPhone.
    04-01-13 12:21 PM
    And the ability to copy emails over to it would be great. (That sort of access isn't permitted in iOS and that's a real PITA)

I am looking at Remember / Evernote but its not officially a GTD / todo list system.
    04-01-13 12:59 PM
    Would be very interested in your results, Casper.

My personal focus is on using Outlook on the desktop synced to BB10. So far the best I can figure out is Remember, with its Tags and Projects. However, a lot will depend on how they Outlook desktop sync works when RIM delivers it through Blackberry Link. From what I've been able to figure out so far, unless you're using Exchange the sync through the free systems (Outlook.com, Google, etc.) doesn't bring all the data over, leaving Outlook Categories behind - and these are vital to using Outlook with any kind of GTD methodology.

So if there is a 3rd party GTD app that leverages the native PIM data on BB10 and also provides an Outlook sync I'd be very interested.

- R.
    04-01-13 01:40 PM
    So I am guessing you need a PC system (I need a Mac one)
    04-01-13 02:12 PM
    So I am guessing you need a PC system (I need a Mac one)
    I do, but perhaps there's one that has both PC and Mac versions. Or rather, that runs on BB10 and syncs to Outlook on the desktop and ??? on the Mac. Along that line, what would you be using on your desktop? I'm assuming you will want something on the desktop that syncs to whatever you're running on the Blackberry - that may be incorrect.

- R.
    04-01-13 03:10 PM

Yeah I would want to "clip" from Mac mail.
    04-01-13 03:59 PM

Perhaps it can be done with Evernote / remember.
    04-01-13 04:14 PM
    I am waiting for the native update of viira to be available in blackberry world. GTD for BlackBerry 10: Update + Screenshots | The BlackBerry GTD Blog
    04-01-13 04:18 PM

Copied from their site:

Viira for BB10 will be supported on the Q10 and provide full support for the Q10 keyboard - so stay tuned!
    Comment by admin � March 27, 2013 @ 5:04 am
    04-01-13 04:28 PM
    Thanks, I may be getting warm. Not a lot about Mac computers on their pages though....
    04-01-13 04:30 PM
    Asana has an android app. And works on mac too
    04-01-13 04:47 PM
    Copied from their site:

Viira for BB10 will be supported on the Q10 and provide full support for the Q10 keyboard - so stay tuned!
    Comment by admin — March 27, 2013 @ 5:04 am
    I saw that - good news though they've been in queue for approval for some time now. Given they say Blackberry committed to clear the queue by "the end of the month" then approval should be in place as you read this.

I would be very interested in the Viira Outlook Suite.

- R.
    04-01-13 06:04 PM
    Have you looked at Conqu (http://conqu.com/)? It's a cross-platform app (BB, Android, iOS, PC, Mac). I haven't used it _heavily_ yet, but it looks good, and seems suitable for the GTD-inclined. The apps are free, but Conqu charges for the ability to synch across devices.
    04-01-13 08:56 PM
    Conqu sync is cloud based - I need USB sync. There's also a lot of stuff still in development so if anything I'd wait to see everything rolled out and tested by others.

Right now Viira Outlook Suite looks very interesting. If that comes to BB10 I'll be quite intrigued :

GTD With Outlook: Viira Outlook Suite 2.1.02 Update Released | The BlackBerry GTD Blog

- R.
    04-03-13 11:17 PM
    I still waiting for nirvanahq.com to make a bb app. I love their GTD sysyem

Posted via zeten
    Metronom3 likes this.
    04-04-13 08:13 AM
    Perhaps it can be done with Evernote / remember.
    Not sure if you're familiar:
    http://www.thesecretweapon.org/

Posted via my left thumb
    TiFr3d likes this.
    04-04-13 10:43 AM
    Read Simon's editorial post today on Remember. I don't think there's a way to flag a Remember entry as complete (and therefore hide all complete tasks or show all those incomplete). I also think control of the entry display is minimal - for instance, no way to sort by Tag or Folder within Due Date. Also, no priority flag. Without these I don't see Remember as a real candidate for any kind of GTD system. It's interesting that David Allen said he was excited about BB10 Feb 28 and in response BlackberryOS said they would write a series of articles on how to use BB10 with GTD. Radio silence since then : BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry Z10 Gets Thumbs Up From David Allen

Feels like a classic case of old school RIM half baked functionality. The key will be how fast the "new" Blackberry organization fills the increasingly evident gaps.

Remember, Blackberry is for "people who do"! <g>

- R.
    04-04-13 11:57 AM
    Watch this vid - I think it shows how to use Remember as a GTD app.

Some cute tricks - for instance, you don't "complete" a task, you move it into the "completed" folder.

Interesting concept!

The Answer | The Secret Weapon: Evernote and GTD smoothly integrated into TSW

- R.
    04-05-13 12:33 AM
    Watch this vid - I think it shows how to use Remember as a GTD app.

Some cute tricks - for instance, you don't "complete" a task, you move it into the "completed" folder.

Interesting concept!

The Answer | The Secret Weapon: Evernote and GTD smoothly integrated into TSW

- R.
    Indeed!

Posted via my left thumb
    04-05-13 12:35 AM
    Sorry, Scooter, wasn't trying to steal your thunder. To give credit where credit is due, I saw the vid because of your post.

I see you have a Z10 and an iPad mini. Do you use TSW with the Z10? If so, any tips on how to make it work and what you think of it? How closely do you follow the GTD principles with it - and how well does it deliver?

Am very interested.

- R.
    04-05-13 11:44 AM
    Me interested too. I am hoping to avoid a mad professor equipment bag of Blackberry AND iPad mini. (If I can possibly help it)
    04-05-13 12:03 PM
    Still seeking clarity on if Secret weapon & BB Remember will work or not
    04-10-13 05:35 PM
    I agree, Casper.

Scooter, you pointed us in the direction of The Secret Weapon and have a Z10. Can you comment?

Can anyone, even using techniques other than The Secret Weapon? I googled Evernote GTD and there are a ton of them!

TIA - R.
    04-10-13 10:22 PM
43 12