We have a small office 3pc's, 2 laptops, 2 q10's for travel.
    I am trying to determine the best option for using exchange email to sync not only emails and calenders- but contacts as well.

We share a Business Contact Manager database in the office that is stored on one of the networked pc's. Our goal is to be able to change contact details from any device and it sync back across all devices. In researching Google apps, there appears to be some issues with access to the Global Address list for each user on BB10. Tech support says you only have read/write to "my contacts". We have 7K plus contacts and I dont want to load them all into individual user accounts as different users need to see changes made by everyone. Is Office 365 a better option?
    06-20-13 09:44 AM
    I don't understand why most businesses and IT people in charge of their systems prefer to use exchange and anchor themselves to microsoft land.

Tell the IT guy to find you a Hosted Zimbra service with calendar and address book (activesync) support. You would never look back!
    06-20-13 09:59 AM
    Poor man's solution
    Export all the contacts to a single outlook.com account add that account to all the outlook clients on your pc?s and add it as an active sync account on the q10 and only sync the contacts.

Now everyone has access to the same contacts and can edit. Also backed up in the clouds.

You have a very unique situation I have known id do that legitimately

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:10 AM
    Ok- that makes sense. Now for email sync- I would still set up an exchange online or google apps for each user?
    06-20-13 10:16 AM
    Ok- that makes sense. Now for email sync- I would still set up an exchange online or google apps for each user?
    If you are already paying for Google apps you can do the same thing I said using Gmail

Then for email yes you can create a separate email address for each user.

You will be able to send and email from the user accounts using the generic contacts account.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:37 AM