Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76
Like Tree82Likes
  1. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Andrew, it's all good.

    Best Buy staff is trained 100% , 45 minute webinar followed up by RIM rep's. Staff are under lock down NOT to talk about Blackberry 10 until Jan.30.2013.

    Anything else you hear is 100% bs. Sorry to let that little tid bit out of the bag RIM but so tired of some bs that gets posted !

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    +1, If the training remains non-existance, I'm definintely up to be part of the CrackBerry army to teach people how to use the BlackBerry 10 phones.
    -Imagines random people pretending to be BestBuy employees teaching people how to use the BB10 phone-

    Heh heh.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    Stewartj1 likes this.
  2. Vorkosigan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,162 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    Andrew, it's all good.

    Best Buy staff is trained 100% , 45 minute webinar followed up by RIM rep's. Staff are under lock down NOT to talk about Blackberry 10 until Jan.30.2013.

    Anything else you hear is 100% bs. Sorry to let that little tid bit out of the bag RIM but so tired of some bs that gets posted !
    I would love to hear that they hear that they got a 45 minute webinar followed by a visit from a rep. Hasn't happened here - a Best Buy Mobile in Ontario. The manager did get some kind of more intensive training - not sure if he got a hands on but I imagine the RIM reps were there - but that was approximately 2months ago.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
  3. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    #28  

    Default

    I'm only going to say this once, what I have posted is 100% truth, if you want to continue your charade you do so at your own legal risk.

    My post can easily be verified by the owners or editors of Crackberry.com by getting in touch with RIM to verify my comment, as I'm sure any reporter could also, as for the most part this would be outside of NDA.

    I myself have spoken to a Best Buy manager not more then 15 minutes ago and they are 100% satisfied with the 45 minute webinar training and RIM rep, in fact I was told it was one of the best training session they have had. Oh btw, it was an Ontario,Canada Best Buy!



    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkosigan View Post
    I would love to hear that they hear that they got a 45 minute webinar followed by a visit from a rep. Hasn't happened here - a Best Buy Mobile in Ontario. The manager did get some kind of more intensive training - not sure if he got a hands on but I imagine the RIM reps were there - but that was approximately 2months ago.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
  4. Snap51's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    226 Posts
    #29  

    Default

    On a more positive note, I went to pre-order my Z10 at Best Buy this past Friday and the person who handled my order seemed somewhat knowledgeable about the new OS based on our conversation. She actually said at one point "this thing is a killer". Granted it is only one person, but we can hope for the best. BTW she seemed excited by the arrival of BB10. It was good to see.
    Stewartj1 and Vorkosigan like this.
  5. Admorris's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    669 Posts
    Global Posts
    702 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default Re: Best Buy's BB10 training is really bad :(

    Add Best Buy to the conspirator list against BB...lol.

    Seriously, what motive do the people on here have to lie about their experience at a certain Best Buy store? Everything I've heard sounds legit as far as mobile phone training goes. BB is important to most on here, but it's just another phone to retail salesman.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Vorkosigan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,162 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    I'm only going to say this once, what I have posted is 100% truth, if you want to continue your charade you do so at your own legal risk.

    My post can easily be verified by the owners or editors of Crackberry.com by getting in touch with RIM to verify my comment, as I'm sure any reporter could also, as for the most part this would be outside of NDA.

    I myself have spoken to a Best Buy manager not more then 15 minutes ago and they are 100% satisfied with the 45 minute webinar training and RIM rep, in fact I was told it was one of the best training session they have had. Oh btw, it was an Ontario,Canada Best Buy!
    I have to wonder if you're even reading the posts that you respond to in such an aggressive and abrasive manner?

    I didn't say that all best buys aren't getting training. I didn't say that the one I happen to have knowledge of even wouldn't get better training before or shortly after launch. You can speak about what you know - a manager who is completely satisfied with the training he has received - and I can speak about what I know - an employee who is not.

    I would like to see BB10 sell like crazy. I'm concerned that the world in general doesn't know how amazing this platform is going to be. If I personally can evangelize and so help even one store to sell some phones then that's what I'm going to do. I'm not sure why this upsets you so much?

    Anyway - i'm done engaging with you over this. I hope you enjoy your evening.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    Thanked by 4:
    Admorris (01-27-2013),  howarmat (01-27-2013),  kevinnugent (01-28-2013),  magtheridon2000 (01-27-2013) 
  7. JAGWIRE's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,322 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,327 Global Posts
    #32  

    Default

    I know the day I get my Z10 I'm going to be showing it off to anyone who will listen LOL. I have a couple of people at my school, even my brother-in-law, waiting for me to get the Z10 so keep can test drive it for them and show them the phone so they know if it's worth the buy. I love RIM/BlackBerry and hopefully will work for them one day when I'm out of college, but I will speak honesty about the devices and company. Just because I'm a fan-boy, or "The BlackBerry Guy" as my friends and relatives call me, doesn't mean I am closed minded to the short comments when they happen.

    I have increably high hopes for this OS and everything it can and will do for us. When it comes to training there has been so many walk thru videos that even someone that's not familiar with BBs will be able to find out no problem.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    Vorkosigan and bmercer94 like this.
  8. Flexin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    415 Posts
    PIN
    283B671D
    #33  

    Default

    Any good manager is going to make sure the staff is trained. Any good sales person is going to make sure they have the knowledge to see the products they carry. That have ignored BlackBerry for years but I think BB10 will get them excited again. This will give them a reason to research it.

    If you are in a store and hear bs about BB10, don't be afraid to speak up. Its up to the customer to chose the product that fits them the best but they sales person needs to show them the products that fit their needs.

    James
    calicocat2010 likes this.
  9. Flexin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    415 Posts
    PIN
    283B671D
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGWIRE View Post
    I know the day I get my Z10 I'm going to be showing it off to anyone who will listen LOL. I have a couple of people at my school, even my brother-in-law, waiting for me to get the Z10 so keep can test drive it for them and show them the phone so they know if it's worth the buy. I love RIM/BlackBerry and hopefully will work for them one day when I'm out of college, but I will speak honesty about the devices and company. Just because I'm a fan-boy, or "The BlackBerry Guy" as my friends and relatives call me, doesn't mean I am closed minded to the short comments when they happen.

    I have increably high hopes for this OS and everything it can and will do for us. When it comes to training there has been so many walk thru videos that even someone that's not familiar with BBs will be able to find out no problem.
    I know of an iphone user that is hoping I will buy a BB10 phone before he has to upgrade. His wife has and loves her BB. If it is good he will upgrade to BB10 when he is able to this summer. If he doesn't like it then he will get an iphone 5. So I will show it off to him when I get it and then let him decide which one best suits him.

    James
  10. North-Face's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    288 Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    Add Best Buy to the conspirator list against BB...lol.

    Seriously, what motive do the people on here have to lie about their experience at a certain Best Buy store? Everything I've heard sounds legit as far as mobile phone training goes. BB is important to most on here, but it's just another phone to retail salesman.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Naaaa...I wouldn't say that at all. Training comes at a certain time for a reason

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkosigan View Post
    I have to wonder if you're even reading the posts that you respond to in such an aggressive and abrasive manner?

    I didn't say that all best buys aren't getting training. I didn't say that the one I happen to have knowledge of even wouldn't get better training before or shortly after launch. You can speak about what you know - a manager who is completely satisfied with the training he has received - and I can speak about what I know - an employee who is not.

    I would like to see BB10 sell like crazy. I'm concerned that the world in general doesn't know how amazing this platform is going to be. If I personally can evangelize and so help even one store to sell some phones then that's what I'm going to do. I'm not sure why this upsets you so much?

    Anyway - i'm done engaging with you over this. I hope you enjoy your evening.
    You shouldn't be concerned as everything we know is based on BB fan sites, controlled leaks and speculation. It's not Jan 30th yet.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
  11. mathking606's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    714 Posts
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Yea they need to make sure they have good training. I think some carrier stores have had reps come in and show it off but they only have so many employees. They should probably send out another training video or powerpoint with videos and better instructions on how to use the phone.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
  12. vespajet's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    327 Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey....
    #37  

    Default

    Now the real question is will the Best Buy stores in the US have the similar training? Based on past experiences with Best Buy here in the US, I doubt it. If you looked at the cell phone section of the US Best Buy site, you wouldn't know that BB10 was coming out soon. There's no mentions of BB10 on the site, nor do they even carry the PlayBook any more. Go to the Canadian Best Buy site and the difference is night and day.
  13. pkcable's Avatar


    Posts
    27,172 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,845 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!
    #38  

    Default

    TJ, Admoriss, KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!! (talk about the issues, leave out the jabs)
    Thanked by 6:
    howarmat (01-27-2013),  jimpilot (01-28-2013),  kevinnugent (01-28-2013),  Marc_Paradise (01-28-2013),  vespajet (01-27-2013),  Vorkosigan (01-27-2013) 
    Stewartj1 and howarmat like this.
  14. North-Face's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    288 Posts
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vespajet View Post
    Now the real question is will the Best Buy stores in the US have the similar training? Based on past experiences with Best Buy here in the US, I doubt it. If you looked at the cell phone section of the US Best Buy site, you wouldn't know that BB10 was coming out soon. There's no mentions of BB10 on the site, nor do they even carry the PlayBook any more. Go to the Canadian Best Buy site and the difference is night and day.
    I hear what you're saying, pretty much the same as being in a Rogers store here..nothing to see anywhere about BB10.
    Hopefully this will change in the next week or two. RIM needs to implement this in their marketing strategy if they haven't already. Posters in retail locations and website info. especially in the US.
  15. Vorkosigan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,162 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by North-Face View Post
    I hear what you're saying, pretty much the same as being in a Rogers store here..nothing to see anywhere about BB10.
    Hopefully this will change in the next week or two. RIM needs to implement this in their marketing strategy if they haven't already. Posters in retail locations and website info. especially in the US.
    There were some posters shown in, I think, the news and rumours forum. Not sure if they were in the US. RIM taking a slot in the Superbowl would seem to say that they are taking the need to market in the US very seriously. I don't think you can get much more expensive, or any other single event with as much exposure (presidential inauguration excepted).
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
  16. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default

    this is not good
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  17. North-Face's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    288 Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkosigan View Post
    There were some posters shown in, I think, the news and rumours forum. Not sure if they were in the US. RIM taking a slot in the Superbowl would seem to say that they are taking the need to market in the US very seriously. I don't think you can get much more expensive, or any other single event with as much exposure (presidential inauguration excepted).
    @ $100,000 a second....I agree
  18. just_luc's Avatar

    Posts
    3,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,063 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkosigan View Post
    It would be great if a rep could come in and demo it. I'm not sure how realistic that is with all these little stores everywhere. I wish RIM did their own training video instead of relying on the stores to do their own, but maybe they will after launch. Here's to hoping!
    There are some RIM reps out and about in the stores.. but they are few and far between.. they cover very large areas and only see major stores in large city's and only once or twice a year. That said carrier reps tend to visit every few weeks, and after launch will be carrying BB10 devices and educating reps in person. Other then that.. the webinars are pretty much what's available.. but that's the same as can be said for any other launches, apple and android included.. a lack of knowledge by staff demonstrates more an unwillingness to learn then a lack of information.


    RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (01-27-2013) 
  19. axeman1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    817 Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Are they techs???? Any tech I know can pick up any device, os, mobile or menu option in a matter of a few minutes. If he is having issues with that, he may want to look at a new career choice. IT is a OS that was made from a playbook. Put down the shiny white fart toy and play with the other tablets and he would have no problem!!!
  20. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    TJ, Admoriss, KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!! (talk about the issues, leave out the jabs)
    I hear ya PK, no problem.

    Must be too much adrenaline running through me waiting for Jan.30 , woot woot!

    You excited PK?
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    Thanked by:
    pkcable (01-28-2013) 
    Admorris and pkcable like this.
  21. nigoinsnow's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    126 Posts
    #46  

    Default

    before my cousin who work in future shop stopping saying blackberry sucks, I wont believe they have any training in future shop here in Victoria BC,,,
  22. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default Best Buy's BB10 training is really bad :(

    Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    I'm only going to say this once, what I have posted is 100% truth, if you want to continue your charade you do so at your own legal risk.

    My post can easily be verified by the owners or editors of Crackberry.com by getting in touch with RIM to verify my comment, as I'm sure any reporter could also, as for the most part this would be outside of NDA.

    I myself have spoken to a Best Buy manager not more then 15 minutes ago and they are 100% satisfied with the 45 minute webinar training and RIM rep, in fact I was told it was one of the best training session they have had. Oh btw, it was an Ontario,Canada Best Buy!
    can crackberry forum mods stop this type of posting please.
    a crackberry forum user should not have implied legal threats made against her for posting a very valid thread.

    just for the record, i doubt a rim rep will attend every store and i doubt every staff is going to get an hours training on one platform.
    sounds more likely that the managers will get all that and then they feed it back to their staff.
    op has your husband fed the training back to his manager and told him its not up to scratch?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
  23. bbZ10ftw's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Canadian bestbuy rules!
  24. djh_wolf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    174 Posts
    #49  

    Default

    Unfortunately, as excited as the enthusiasts in this forum may be, the fact of the matter is that BB10 is essentially one new lineup in one catagory of electronics in a store which sells multiple other types of electronic goods.

    Add into the mix that BB10's home catagory is already absolutely dominated by a couple of very, very popular and established brands already (my young nephews argue over the kind of phone they want - iPhone or 'Galaxy') and really...... can anyone seriously expect the retailers to get behind this? Really?


    The general consensus, outside the tech industry and the enthusiasts, is that RIM's boring, outdated, and essentially dead.

    In all the years I've had dicking around with geeky hardware, I've learned and accepted that the best hardware is irrelevant without market support. I can walk into pretty much anywhere and find a stack of accessories for an iPhone whilst nobody seems to give a toss about a BB. Shame, but I know where I'll be migrating once the contract's up, despite my love of the 9900.
    PROVIDER: OrangeUK
  25. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #50  

    Default Best Buy's BB10 training is really bad :(

    Quote Originally Posted by djh_wolf View Post
    Unfortunately, as excited as the enthusiasts in this forum may be, the fact of the matter is that BB10 is essentially one new lineup in one catagory of electronics in a store which sells multiple other types of electronic goods.

    Add into the mix that BB10's home catagory is already absolutely dominated by a couple of very, very popular and established brands already (my young nephews argue over the kind of phone they want - iPhone or 'Galaxy') and really...... can anyone seriously expect the retailers to get behind this? Really?


    The general consensus, outside the tech industry and the enthusiasts, is that RIM's boring, outdated, and essentially dead.

    In all the years I've had dicking around with geeky hardware, I've learned and accepted that the best hardware is irrelevant without market support. I can walk into pretty much anywhere and find a stack of accessories for an iPhone whilst nobody seems to give a toss about a BB. Shame, but I know where I'll be migrating once the contract's up, despite my love of the 9900.
    i understand where you are coming from. but bb10 is almost launched, so may be worth keeping an open mind until we see how it truly performs.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RIM vs APPLE is really BAD vs EVIL
    By Muttypint in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 09:00 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
  3. Berryweather is really bad on the Tour
    By stoneworrior in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 12:01 AM
  4. My Memory is really bad
    By thedeadbird in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 09:28 AM
  5. TMo U.K. Ad Campaign. Man is This REALLY Bad.
    By wirelessforever in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 01:57 PM

Posting Permissions