I have been bugging my husband non-stop to let me know when they get any info on the BB10 phones, ordering, pricing, etc.

Yesterday he told me they have the online training for it but that it's the worst training he's ever seen. It's just like a powerpoint and where they would click expecting videos there are just pictures. He says it's not showing the employees how the UI really works at all and he has better info from me and the videos I've shown him. His manager at least got a good look at it at a conference 2 months ago and liked what he saw, but if this is the level of Best Buy's efforts then I'm very disappointed. The employees won't push it if they aren't excited about it.

01-27-13 09:04 AM
    Proably the same "training" that was leaked for Rogers reps. What would be great is if they had a rep from RIM come in and teach the mgrs all the in and outs so that he/she can train their staff.
    Vorkosigan and Acumenight like this.
    01-27-13 09:16 AM
    I have been bugging my husband non-stop to let me know when they get any info on the BB10 phones, ordering, pricing, etc.

Yesterday he told me they have the online training for it but that it's the worst training he's ever seen. It's just like a powerpoint and where they would click expecting videos there are just pictures. He says it's not showing the employees how the UI really works at all and he has better info from me and the videos I've shown him. His manager at least got a good look at it at a conference 2 months ago and liked what he saw, but if this is the level of Best Buy's efforts then I'm very disappointed. The employees won't push it if they aren't excited about it.

They should just look at the PlayBook and then they can figure it out from there. I expect to be able to use it after 5 minutes.
    01-27-13 09:20 AM
    It would be great if a rep could come in and demo it. I'm not sure how realistic that is with all these little stores everywhere. I wish RIM did their own training video instead of relying on the stores to do their own, but maybe they will after launch. Here's to hoping!
    anon(5624621) and EsJayDee like this.
    01-27-13 09:21 AM
    They should just look at the PlayBook and then they can figure it out from there. I expect to be able to use it after 5 minutes.
    Me too - but I suspect my husband is the only one in their store that has ever looked at the playbook and that's just because I have one.
    01-27-13 09:22 AM
    I'm beginning to think these stories of retail stores not being trained and having no excitement over bb10 are no longer just anecdotal. This should be very troubling for BB and their enthusiasts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-27-13 09:27 AM
    When i went to preorder my Z10 the other day i go to chatting with the rep there and he ws telling me some interesting things.
    1)they were told that they would supposed to have the dummies and trainging back in mid-Dec but to date nothing
    2)havn't seen a single demo model or any training on it
    3)all his knowledge has been 100% on his own by looking it up online and watching vids
    4)his BB-rep is suppose to be in any day know and as soon as he gets his hands on the dummies hes calling me so i can take a peek at them and help him out too, two minds are better then one.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-27-13 09:31 AM
    As far as Best Buy goes, RIM would have been better advised to have brought in the best and brightest of the Geek Squad people from various regions to train them on the ins and outs of BB10, and have them disseminate that experience to other Best Buy employees. Unless a good deal of thought goes into it, online training confuses more people than it helps nowadays.
    01-27-13 09:48 AM
    It would be great if a rep could come in and demo it. I'm not sure how realistic that is with all these little stores everywhere. I wish RIM did their own training video instead of relying on the stores to do their own, but maybe they will after launch. Here's to hoping!
    maybe there's a way to deploy a crackberry army to these stores for a little education
    01-27-13 09:53 AM
    maybe there's a way to deploy a crackberry army to these stores for a little education
    Great idea! I'm trying with my husbands store. As long as I keep him informed - I'm going to get the best videos and have a list of them for him to show the other employees. Gotta get this stuff out there!
    01-27-13 09:58 AM
    I find from being a member of CrackBerry, that the average Crackberrian knows more about Blackberry phones then most of the salespeople and customer service reps at just about all retail stores. I've seen time and time again on Crackberry where questions were answered where nowhere else could even come close. It really doesn't surprise me that BestBuy training program isn't that good when it comes to Blackberry devices. Their focus is elsewhere concerning smartphones. BlackBerry devices are not considered high on the list as far as sales go. So they look at it as why invest in a serious training program. Hopefully BB10 will change how Blackberry is viewed in the smartphone world
    01-27-13 10:30 AM
    Name of store,date,time or it didn't happen,lol.
    Fact is RIM rep's visit Best Buy stores in person, sheesh.

Oh look admorris in the thread yet again,lol.

01-27-13 12:28 PM
    I wish RIM did their own training video instead of relying on the stores to do their own, but maybe they will after launch. Here's to hoping!
    By that point any training will be too little too late. The sales force must be knowledgeable about the product before the product is in-store for sale to the consumer. I'll be shocked if the BlackBerry Z10 and X10 sell in sufficient quantity between 30 January and 30 June.
    01-27-13 12:30 PM
    Name of store,date,time or it didn't happen,lol.
    Fact is RIM rep's visit Best Buy stores in person, sheesh.

Oh look admorris in the thread yet again,lol.
    Oh look, head in the sand TomJasper in the thread once again. You stalking me?

01-27-13 12:33 PM
    I was told at Future Shop, 3 days ago, and it was around 5pm.... If you must know
    01-27-13 12:58 PM
    No need to stalk you,lol,every neg thread dealing with the same subject matter has you there backing same neg subject matter.
    What's hilarious is how after one thread is debunked another with the same neg subject matter is started yet again,sheesh.

Oh look, head in the sand TomJasper in the thread once again. You stalking me?

DJM626 and SDTRMG like this.
    01-27-13 01:13 PM
    Let's make BlackBerry 10 go viral. Best form of sales and advertising is word of mouth.
    Vorkosigan and SDTRMG like this.
    01-27-13 01:18 PM
    In college i worked in mobile sales and alll BlackBerry training was kind of like that.... all were just slide shows and a few common sense things about the device. Had i not been a BB fan i wouldn't have learned anything about those devices from the training.

I agree! Bring the BB reps in to demo the BB10 devices.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-27-13 01:24 PM
    everything is under control, they will send a mass e-mail saying: " No RIM's rep are comming... just watch the super bowl. Good day."

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    01-27-13 01:41 PM
    This concerns me. They really need the in-store reps to at least understand BB10. Hopefully the carriers are training their people better.
    01-27-13 01:45 PM
    I had a Best Buy employee straight up lie a friend about phones to scare him into buying from Best Buy instead of buying direct from a carrier. So I would say all their training is really bad.
    TheBigHarvCombo likes this.
    01-27-13 01:55 PM
    Yes. But remember all the issues RIM had with store salespeople and customers not knowing how to use the PlayBook? That can not be repeated.
    01-27-13 02:19 PM
    You realize, the source info for the training comes from RIM to Best Buy's development team. And RIM is also able to supply their own completed training materials. Best Buy is geeting paid from the carrier contract terms, they don't really care what phone sells, as long as something goes out with a contract tacked on. It's RIM's job to make sure the info in the trainings is complete. Hopefully they'll get the info out with their rep visits.
    01-27-13 03:28 PM
    +1, If the training remains non-existance, I'm definintely up to be part of the CrackBerry army to teach people how to use the BlackBerry 10 phones.
    -Imagines random people pretending to be BestBuy employees teaching people how to use the BB10 phone-

Heh heh.
    01-27-13 03:32 PM
    I don't know if they'll get a rep visit. My husband has only been working at this store since August (he managed a couple of Source stores before that). They see carrier reps all the time, LG rep once, Samsung rep 2x. That's it. He's never seen an apple rep or a bb rep. He says the training is always just through the Internet but that this one was the worst he had seen yet. However, given how exited I've been for this launch and how much info I've shown him, maybe I raised his expectations and this training is only just as bad as all the others.
    01-27-13 03:41 PM
76 123 ...