I'm a fairly new BB administrator responsible for approx. 400 Z10s in an enterprise environment. Just a little info on our current setup:
    BES 10.1.1, ActiveSync, BB Balance, Verizon Z10s.
    Most everything has been running well with one exception as of late... users are now being prompted for device OS update (10.2.1.537)
    which seems to be causing issues. On BES I have the setting for "Wireless Software Updates" to disallow hoping this would prevent users from updating themselves which it is not doing. Users not being patient enough interrupting update process, starting update on low battery power, etc. causing frozen BBs or in some cases bricked phones.
    Our users do not have access to corporate Wi-Fi or Blackberry Link on their assigned computers so options are limited.
    Understanding BES 10 cannot, as of yet, push out device OS updates how do you handle these updates on an enterprise level?

So far all I've come up with is having users hand in their Z10s to IT so that we can update properly but honestly that's a huge headache for
    both IT staff and end-users.

I appreciate your suggestions and opinions.
    Brian
    02-19-14 10:57 AM
    I do believe BES can control what OS is allowed to be installed by each user, but carriers do the actual pushing of the OS.
    02-25-14 05:02 PM
    02-25-14 06:58 PM
    I do believe BES can control what OS is allowed to be installed by each user, but carriers do the actual pushing of the OS.
    Yup.

And it's something BlackBerry needs to address.
    Carrier support is sinking and their BB knowledge has never been amazing anyway, so my suggestion is to go on with the separate radio stack and then let BB release OS and App updates globalle for eveybody.

BB Admins should be allowed to dictate a specific OS/App package for their users and make the update mandatory/forced/optional ... whatever works.

Just my 2 cents.
    02-26-14 06:18 AM