What are the benefits of installing an Android application? When should use it and when should you use apps from the blackberry store?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 11:22 PM
    to get apps that are not on Blackberry World....such as NetFlix and other things......
    ConstantinoMorelli likes this.
    03-27-14 11:24 PM
    For the average business user - probably very little. Typically you install what you need as Native to Blackberry. This gives you the best experience on your device.

Once in a blue moon you may have an app or two you wish you could install that isn't on blackberry. That's where the android sideload mechanism can come in handy.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-27-14 11:26 PM
    Good example: certain social & messaging apps aren't available in BB World. I have friends in Asia so I use Kakao a lot (and that works just about flawlessly on 10.2.2), I use kik with certain people, and even the Line messaging app, all which will probably never see the light of day in BB World. I'd rather have my friends message me on BBM, but since lots of them don't bother with it (or download and not use it) I have to end up using Kakao/Line/Kik/Skype to get a hold of them. All good android apps that run on the BlackBerry runtime.

Another example would be that I like SoundHound, which is in BB World, but it doesn't recognize every single song (even one playing on the radio!) so I installed Shazam and it works great on 10.2.2- identifying more songs than SoundHound can (plus the latest version gives you real-time lyrics!).

Just to give you a few examples and scenarios.
    Last edited by extisis; 03-28-14 at 09:31 PM.
    03-27-14 11:29 PM
    Like people said. There's a lot of apps out there that aren't available for BB10.

For me, I use Feedly as my RSS reader. It's way better than any free RSS reader I've downloaded from BB World.

I also installed Instagram but iGrann actually works pretty well so I switch off between the two.

I use DuoLingo sometimes and that's not available on BB World.

Google Maps >>>>>>>>> BB Maps.

I use Yelp and that's not in BB World.

I have a GoPro and there's no GoPro app for BB10.

You get the idea.
    03-28-14 12:57 AM
    Your question is the answer. The benefit is you can install android apps. If you want/need an app search BlackBerry World. If it's not there then you can download the Android version.

Btw since no else has mentioned this in this thread. BlackBerry World apps have two badges at the bottom of description of every app that passed the security tests they do. Android apps, you really never know.

Posted via telegraph
    03-28-14 02:25 AM