successfully downloaded the Bell 10.2 but BBM toasts are not working .... went to notifications , BBM under notifications, the BBM app
    toggled the instant previews off and on and exited .... I did each individual bbm contact as well .... thought that maybe I had to remove then
    redownload the BBM app so I went to bbworld and under the BBM page it says not available for this device , what the **** is that .... I have a
    Q10 .... no other problems for toasts with emails and texts and on lock screen
    10-27-13 10:13 AM
    I noticed some other people had mentioned the same. But it does sound like you have enabled them at the points you should. its odd
    10-27-13 11:14 AM
    Did you turn them on under the general notifications settings?

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-27-13 11:22 AM
    yes turned them off and on in general , in bbm under general and in each contact in bbm app , and restarted as well
    10-27-13 12:10 PM
    Any idea the size of the file for 10.2 on Bell? My friend got an update from bell that was only 91 MB?

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    10-28-13 09:46 AM
    Any idea the size of the file for 10.2 on Bell? My friend got an update from bell that was only 91 MB?

Someone posted in another thread that it gave you a small update (around 100 mb) and then a secondary 1gb one.

Carjackd likes this.
    10-28-13 10:31 AM
    Works fine on mine with Bell, so perhaps it's in your settings somewhere

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:37 AM
    successfully downloaded the Bell 10.2 but BBM toasts are not working .... went to notifications , BBM under notifications, the BBM app
    toggled the instant previews off and on and exited .... I did each individual bbm contact as well .... thought that maybe I had to remove then
    redownload the BBM app so I went to bbworld and under the BBM page it says not available for this device , what the **** is that .... I have a
    Q10 .... no other problems for toasts with emails and texts and on lock screen
    Turn off in app then exit app reopen and turn on close app and should be good. Worked for me

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:40 AM
    Someone posted in another thread that it gave you a small update (around 100 mb) and then a secondary 1gb one.

Well that explains why his phone is a mess, any idea how to push the second update?
    10-28-13 11:52 AM
    Well that explains why his phone is a mess, any idea how to push the second update?
    Manually check for updates. If that doesn't work, connect to BlackBerry Link and check for updates there. If THAT Doesn't work either and his phone is a real mess. Reload the OS and then update again via BlackBerry Link.

Carjackd likes this.
    10-28-13 12:13 PM
    I am with bell also and my update was around 500 mb. Toast notifications work fine on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:20 PM
    A security wipe should fix it.
    10-28-13 12:27 PM
    I noticed on my update (with rogers) that my BBM toasts only worked some of the time, for about a day and a half.. now, a few days later, they work flawlessly and I didn't do anything other than one hard reset about 2 hours after updating which didn't solve the problem. .. I'm guessing the OS just took some extra time to settle in. Hopefully yours will settle too

Posted from my incredible Z10
    10-28-13 12:37 PM
    I am also on Bell and couldn't get the toast notifications working either. I have tried all kinds of 'fixes', etc. Manually turning off, then back on within BBM, from the main Settings, from Contacts, nothing worked right after upgrade. I left things along over night and in the morning SMS toast notifications were appearing.

These 'fixes' are irrelevant. I (we) shouldn't have to do ANYTHING additional to get it to work. I can see flipping this setting ON if the notifications were set to default OFF. But that is it.

My upgrade was done on Saturday night and still no BBM toast notifications. I dont understand how the OS is going to 'settle'. Is not like its sand in a pool. Restarting my phone should resolve this if anything.
    10-28-13 12:50 PM
    I am also on Bell and couldn't get the toast notifications working either. I have tried all kinds of 'fixes', etc. Manually turning off, then back on within BBM, from the main Settings, from Contacts, nothing worked right after upgrade. I left things along over night and in the morning SMS toast notifications were appearing.

These 'fixes' are irrelevant. I (we) shouldn't have to do ANYTHING additional to get it to work. I can see flipping this setting ON if the notifications were set to default OFF. But that is it.

My upgrade was done on Saturday night and still no BBM toast notifications. I dont understand how the OS is going to 'settle'. Is not like its sand in a pool. Restarting my phone should resolve this if anything.
    It settles because the OS is new. Your phone has to reindex everything. Proof of the OS settling is that your SMS toast notifications now work. Just be patient.

10-28-13 01:42 PM
    Manually check for updates. If that doesn't work, connect to BlackBerry Link and check for updates there. If THAT Doesn't work either and his phone is a real mess. Reload the OS and then update again via BlackBerry Link.

I had him do a security wipe and load his data back on....should have asked him to check for updates via manual and BlackBerry Link thx

10-28-13 06:16 PM