Don't ya think BlackBerry should create a device for all those who's main interest in a mobile handset is to play games?

I'm serious... and I'm never serious!
    Nothing is more complained about than the lack of game apps from BlackBerry or why there''s so much trouble with using Android apps, etc.
    Every time a new leak is offered, the most complaints (3 to1) are over why this or that about games!

It's my opinion that if there was such a device, the complainin' and moanin' and b i t c h i n' and groanin would be cut in half and the gamers would have a forum to be better heard from.

OK... Whadayathink?

(Added later...).
    I really didn't think this out, obviously!
    Just to be clear, I wasn't insinuating that gamers complain any more than non gamers.
    I've done a great share of that myself.

This was meant more as a "WHAT IF!" Nothing more.
    My Z10 is running so smooth and things are pretty quiet. Guess, I'm just restless!

But, What If?
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-22-13 at 12:51 AM.
    12-21-13 10:36 PM
    Now that I have your attention.....

Don't ya think BlackBerry should create a device for all those who's main interest in a mobile handset is to play games?

I'm serious... and I'm never serious!
    Nothing is more complained about than the lack of game apps from BlackBerry or why there''s so much trouble with using Android apps, etc.
    Every time a new leak is offered, the most complaints (3 to1) are over why this or that about games!

It's my opinion that if there was such a device, the complainin' and moanin' and b i t c h i n' and groanin would be cut in half and the gamers would have a forum to be better heard from.

OK... Whadayathink?
    No.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 10:38 PM
    Lack of games? I think BlackBerry world has a pretty damn good selection of games

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 10:39 PM
    So . . . BlackBerry, who is widely panned for not having the best/most popular / wide choice / etc regarding games, should be the only/first mobile phone maker/OS to create a stand alone gaming device?

Well, they DO say no idea is a dumb idea in a brainstorming session . . .

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 10:41 PM
    Blackberry 10 already supports blue tooth controllers out of the box.

It's already set up for it.

Would be nice if they allowed emulators in the app store though.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    12-21-13 10:42 PM
    Lol I've actually be more than surprised at the games BlackBerry have been able to get compared to the apps.
    If anything I've only heard complaints about how there seem to be the latest games but no <instagram/snapchat/vine>
    Though a BlackBerry phone with gaming controls would be awesome.
    No way it'll happen with a focus on enterprise and low cost phones for developing countries.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 11:19 PM
    Nope. Why? BlackBerry focuses isn't at gaming. This isn't android, or iPhone. BlackBerry is built for pure communications. Enterprise, etc. No no, not gaming.

Posted via my lovely Q5.
    12-22-13 12:05 AM
    remember that phone that was a video game…? I remember it.. and it sucked.. ill pass...
    12-22-13 12:54 AM
    remember that phone that was a video game�? I remember it.. and it sucked.. ill pass...
    N gage?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 12:56 AM
    Well, that sure goes against the originally intended market for BlackBerry doesn't it.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-22-13 06:53 AM
    The joke of it all.... people have been complaining about BlackBerry only giving away games as gifts now *smh*

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-22-13 09:22 AM
    The joke of it all.... people have been complaining about BlackBerry only giving away games as gifts now *smh*

Maybe a tad disappointing to those of us who have any history with BBOS, but yeah. Bloody irony for sure :/

12-22-13 12:00 PM
    Games like angry birds is what launched android.

Its not so stupid to think of a BlackBerry gaming device because some games play a lot better with keyboard or trackpad. Half a dozen good games that exist on BlackBerry and android + ios but play much better on the BlackBerry would make BlackBerry best at something which phone reviewers can comparison test.
    At moment the android port games give opposite impression!
    Then there might be reviews that say xxxxxxxx plays much better on the BlackBerry ??? than he lateest quad core anderoid phone. Playing xxxxxxxx on android ran the battery out in 2 hours! BlackBerry still had enough charge for rest of the day...
    12-22-13 12:41 PM
    I agree with you guys about BlackBerrys demographics being directed towards (how do I say this without insulting someone) the more business minded, where as the other guys shamelessly advertise to reel in a younger demographic (" and they even come in pink for her") and people who aren't device savvy .. giving them the false idea that BlackBerry Devices are way to advanced for the "normal" cell phone user.
    At least, I know, that's the way it use to be.
    But, considering BlackBerry wasn't into that mindset (which, I'm sure, has played a part into why BlackBerry fell of the map) wouldn't it have been to BlackBerrys advantage to get into that market and make themselves more competitive?

I'm asking because I really have no idea and want a sense of what you all know and think.
    I'm still very much a computer person (I custom build PC's) just a hobby but I'm into the design area, websites, custom logos and such, So, I choose BlackBerry for quality (first) starting with a Pearl, 2 Curves, Torch 9800 and 9810 and now the Z10. As a rule I don't use my Device to search the web or stream music and movies because I have a Sonos System and about 9,000 CD's worth of music on a network storage device and a 60" 3D HDTV with internet access. But the main reason is, I'm going blind (or at least I don't see as good as I use to so while the Z10 screen is "HUGE" (shut yo mouth) I have three 22" monitors and the 60" which by comparison is slightly bigger.
    Bottom line for me is that the other guys can't compete with BlackBerry's quality and OS and I'll never cheapen myself by purchasing anything but BlackBerry.

OK. That's my story (the short version) The video is in production LOL .. just wanted to give you an idea...

So, back to you guys!
    12-22-13 03:49 PM
    A gaming machine as a phone? I'll buy it.

A phone as a gaming machine? No.

I'll take a ps vita into the equation and why:

But, if you take the PS Vita, and somehow slam in say, BB10 OS running side by side, I can buy that, with some major modifcations, like a "hot-switch" button where with one press I can switch to BB10 OS, and another press I'll be back to the game (whatever frozen state mode, or unfrozen if its set that way)

PowerVR SGX543MP4+, with a dedicated RAM.
    Quad core A9 CPU.

The games will be from Sony, and with that absurb power it'll take on any mobile games, almost head on. But for quality in both, its the best of both worlds, and probably the worst of both worlds (form factor, etc).
    12-23-13 01:16 AM
    Maybe a tad disappointing to those of us who have any history with BBOS, but yeah. Bloody irony for sure :/

I've been through my fair share of legacy devices, so I get ya.
    I just think it's crazy how every moaned and complained that we don't get the good games or the good apps or whatever.
    And now when we get em, or better still when they are gifted to us for free people still complain.
    Inevitable conclusion....people will always complain.

And OP, I think it's a great idea. A cheaper device that people can game on would probably make a whole lot of folks very happy....but also give a whole lot of folks more to moan about ;p

anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-23-13 01:20 AM
    BlackBerry, our beloved "business device," can't even get major banks and financial institutions to develop apps for their platform, so how in the world would they convince GAME developers? I'm fine with the games on my Z10 and Q10, but I'm not a big phone gamer. I have a Nintendo 3DS XL and an iPod touch, and that's it.

BlackBerry should now seriously court those banking and financial services apps.. they have to do what they're good at, and just make it untouchable.
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    12-23-13 02:02 AM
    I've been through my fair share of legacy devices, so I get ya.
    I just think it's crazy how every moaned and complained that we don't get the good games or the good apps or whatever.
    And now when we get em, or better still when they are gifted to us for free people still complain.
    Inevitable conclusion....people will always complain.

And OP, I think it's a great idea. A cheaper device that people can game on would probably make a whole lot of folks very happy....but also give a whole lot of folks more to moan about ;p

Yes. Therein lies the apples and oranges of our particular platform loyalty. In short, "ain't no satisfying everyone." Blessed are those few who can say they are completely satisfied with their device and platform choice. I certainly am. It's nice.

anon(3732391), badiyee and MiSsY_ like this.
    12-23-13 02:09 AM
    Yes. Therein lies the apples and oranges of our particular platform loyalty. In short, "ain't no satisfying everyone." Blessed are those few who can say they are completely satisfied with their device and platform choice. I certainly am. It's nice.

True story. I love my Z10 and this Z30 has grown on me
    Guess I'm blessed, coz I am completely.

12-23-13 01:33 PM
    If someone tells me BB10 is no good for gaming, plug my Z10 into 42" and play Badlands, then lol.

What is lacking, is a sweet app that allows the use of a BlackBerry 10 device as a 2nd screen for Windows devices over usb.

The majority of games being produced for mobile devices are appalling, mostly because of the poor control given by touchscreen devices, compared to a joystick, mouse, keyboard, trackball, game pad, and anything else I can think of. Those paddles on old Atari machines? May be.

Anyone who buys a phone for playing games on, rather than a dedicated handheld console, how can their opinion count to any discussion on here?

They cannot even select the correct device type, never mind discriminate details.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 02:53 PM
    PS vita and nvidia shield are the real mobile gaming machines. Although you can buy moga pro controller that basically converts your phone into a mini console lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 02:59 PM
    Behold....  The blackberry gamer mobile device-img_20131223_155949.png
    Lack of games? I think not. Lack of internal space ? Yes lack of cloud based game saves? Yes

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 03:00 PM