Instant previews seem to have a mind of their own
    Been having a lot of OS issues lately-img_20140611_142932.png
    Charging sometimes is taking too long.

Been having a lot of OS issues lately-img_20140611_092431.png
    Yesterday my HUB just went black. Jet black. Nothing on it.
    Don't even get me started on the contacts app. It's really pathetic.
    Been having to reboot my device(Hard reset) a couple of times a day.
    And the funny thing is, all this is happening after I deleted whatsapp.
    Now here everyone is going to say reload the OS and stuff. But why can't there just be stable OS which does not mess up ?
    Sometimes, my keyboard just stops working on the home screen, I can't type to search or reply to instant previews or make speed dials, then have to go any of the messenger and type on any personal chat and then the keyboard starts working.
    Imagine I have to make an important call sometime and the keyboard just isn't working. Sometimes feel kind of tired defending blackberry. BBOS was WAY better with all this. WAY better.
    I am using a Q5 and have the latest OS.
    06-11-14 04:09 AM
    What OS are you running?
    nyfinch likes this.
    06-11-14 04:16 AM
    If by latest OS you mean 10.2.1.something then all i can say is that i never experienced these issues, so yeah best thing to do is reload the OS. on the other hand if by latest OS you mean 10.3.something then you shouldn't be complaining since it's not yet official and i never experienced these issues on 10.3 either.

i know i'm not really helping you out, but my point is that's it's unfortunate that you have these issues, but not everybody has them, so it has nothing to do with blackberry not releasing a stable OS. That's like saying I got a brand new Mercedes that has giving me problems, so all Mercedes have problems.
    06-11-14 04:21 AM
    I have the same issues actually. When I notice instant previews are going a bit funny it's a warning sign for me to reboot the phone because after that the hub goes into meltdown for me.

Perhaps it's to do with too many items in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:26 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140611_142932.png 
Views:	1759 
Size:	777.0 KB 
ID:	277507

Name:	IMG_20140611_092431.png 
Views:	1751 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	277508
    Now here everyone is going to say reload the OS and stuff. But why can't there just be stable OS which does not mess up ?
    Sometimes, my keyboard just stops working on the home screen, I can't type to search or reply to instant previews or make speed dials, then have to go any of the messenger and type on any personal chat and then the keyboard starts working.
    Imagine I have to make an important call sometime and the keyboard just isn't working. Sometimes feel kind of tired defending blackberry. BBOS was WAY better with all this. WAY better.
    Me too!! Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 we need a major update soon to fix the bugs. The previous OS was way better with radio files, less buggy, less WiFi problems

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:29 AM
    I have the same issues actually. When I notice instant previews are going a bit funny it's a warning sign for me to reboot the phone because after that the hub goes into meltdown for me.

Perhaps it's to do with too many items in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    I've had the same accounts and even more apps installed on previous OS update and nothing like this was happening

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:30 AM

Name:	IMG_20140611_142932.png 
Views:	1759 
Size:	777.0 KB 
ID:	277507

Name:	IMG_20140611_092431.png 
Views:	1751 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	277508
    I know how frustrating it is. I don't offer a solution here but I can share with you that with all the staffs left today, Blackberry has done a remarkable job at building up such a new, innovative and strong OS 10 foundation.

I am personally a developer and I work for an insurance product...the product itself has been there around 20+ years and then we started to convert it into another modern programming language for easier maintenance and less resources consumption, and our first years were also very very frustrated. Nothing works properly, error pops up here and there. And now only after 5 years, it begins to be "stable".

So my point really is...bare with them, they're very talented people but it takes time. I'm pretty sure it'll get better shortly.
    06-11-14 04:33 AM
    I know how frustrating it is. I don't offer a solution here but I can share with you that with all the staffs left today, Blackberry has done a remarkable job at building up such a new, innovative and strong OS 10 foundation.

I am personally a developer and I work for an insurance product...the product itself has been there around 20+ years and then we started to convert it into another modern programming language for easier maintenance and less resources consumption, and our first years were also very very frustrated. Nothing works properly, error pops up here and there. And now only after 5 years, it begins to be "stable".

So my point really is...bare with them, they're very talented people but it takes time. I'm pretty sure it'll get better shortly.
    I love the whole foundation of the OS and I perfectly know it's potential. Which is why I am using it. But these issues, I feel needs to be sorted before anything else. I want my phone to perform the basic functions without any glitches at all. Dont think I am asking for too much.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-14 05:18 AM
    If by latest OS you mean 10.2.1.something then all i can say is that i never experienced these issues, so yeah best thing to do is reload the OS. on the other hand if by latest OS you mean 10.3.something then you shouldn't be complaining since it's not yet official and i never experienced these issues on 10.3 either.

i know i'm not really helping you out, but my point is that's it's unfortunate that you have these issues, but not everybody has them, so it has nothing to do with blackberry not releasing a stable OS. That's like saying I got a brand new Mercedes that has giving me problems, so all Mercedes have problems.
    Latest OS 10.2.1.3175. Not 10.3.
    06-11-14 05:19 AM
    And a fresh problem.

Been having a lot of OS issues lately-img_20140611_154946.png
    Phone just stopped charging.
    06-11-14 05:22 AM
    And a fresh problem.

Phone just stopped charging.
    bro, BB10 is such a failure.
    I sold my Z10 after 15 days, it lost 35% of the value on the 2nd hand market.
    BB11, if ever see light of day, have a chance of being usable OS, but BB10 is such a fail.
    And, no, I don't care for potential, I want usable product in my hands.
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    06-11-14 06:06 AM
    I pity you for having these problems. I personally haven't experienced it all at the same time. I suggest that if you're that frustrated, you might as well go back to BBOS or try iOS, Android or WP.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-11-14 06:16 AM
    Having the same issues with the instant previews since update. My Z10 is running very hot and battery drains quicker, also. Had an issue with some of my music files and had a very glitchy experience last night while streaming and trying to reply to messages in instant preview.

I can't see anything new with this OS update, a step backwards if anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 09:09 AM
    I pity you for having these problems. I personally haven't experienced it all at the same time. I suggest that if you're that frustrated, you might as well go back to BBOS or try iOS, Android or WP.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Wish I could. Really feel tempted at times to go back to BBOS, but that's not happening.
    Only if my phone performed the way it should and didn't give any problems, I think it would be so better.
    06-11-14 09:57 AM
    This topic is ridiculous. What exactly is wrong with the instant preview in the pic? I see a BBM instant preview at the top of the screen. And yes, batteries take a while to charge. My Q10 has a big battery, and I charge it overnight.

BlackBerry 10 is the the most elegant operating system in the world.
    06-11-14 10:37 AM
    I've through those issues also. I really hope the upcoming 10.3 take them away. New rare things that have been happening lately and also the unfixable problem with the CONTACTS....

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    06-11-14 10:44 AM
    The HUB has SERIOUS ISSUES!! It goes black every couple of days with me, and I also noticed that when I charge my phone using the BlackBerry portable charger the HUB goes black almost INSTANTLY!

BlackBerry, FIX THIS!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 11:59 AM
    This topic is ridiculous. What exactly is wrong with the instant preview in the pic? I see a BBM instant preview at the top of the screen. And yes, batteries take a while to charge. My Q10 has a big battery, and I charge it overnight.

BlackBerry 10 is the the most elegant operating system in the world.
    The only ridiculous thing here is you, if you don't face these issues then please leave the thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 12:01 PM
    bro, BB10 is such a failure.
    I sold my Z10 after 15 days, it lost 35% of the value on the 2nd hand market.
    BB11, if ever see light of day, have a chance of being usable OS, but BB10 is such a fail.
    And, no, I don't care for potential, I want usable product in my hands.
    Are you here to troll? BB10 is a great OS they just need to fix the bugs.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 12:02 PM
    Are you here to troll? BB10 is a great OS they just need to fix the bugs.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Before a year and half passes. Oops, it has. How much longer are people to wait? Another year and a half? Longer?

What is an acceptable amount of time to give any company to fix issues before creating new ones?
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    06-11-14 12:09 PM
    Yep. Before a year and half passes. Oops, it has. How much longer are people to wait? Another year and a half? Longer?

What is an acceptable amount of time to give any company to fix issues before creating new ones?
    A year and a half is nothing but people like you wouldn't know that, if your not facing issues please exit the thread before this turns into an argument and the thread gets closed.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 12:25 PM
    The only ridiculous thing here is you, if you don't face these issues then please leave the thread.
    I don't face these issues because they don't exist.
    06-11-14 12:26 PM
    I don't face these issues because they don't exist.
    They do exist, if you don't face them then that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 03:17 PM
    I've seen that instant preview error before. It's really lame and ugly.

The only option i can offer you is reset. It's the only viable solution i used. It really does sick that we have to resort to this for our solutions.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 03:55 PM
    I've seen that instant preview error before. It's really lame and ugly.

The only option i can offer you is reset. It's the only viable solution i used. It really does sick that we have to resort to this for our solutions.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly man. It's like I rebooting my device atleast a couple of times a day.
    06-11-14 08:24 PM
37 12