Currently trying to go to sleep, problem with bedside mode is that it doesn't bring the backlight down to minimums so still stays pretty bright even with the black screen. Hopefully this comes down the pipe in an update

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:17 AM
    Currently trying to go to sleep, problem with bedside mode is that it doesn't bring the backlight down to minimums so still stays pretty bright even with the black screen. Hopefully this comes down the pipe in an update

Posted via CB10
    How about turning the device flat on its screen down ?
    04-29-13 03:42 AM
    I don't understand why when you put it in lock in bedside mode it doesn't stay in lock. After a while the bedside mode screen comes back on. It would be a perfect solution if that didn't happen. I'd rather not have to put my z10 face down on anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 07:35 AM
    Greetings,

I was seeing the same mysterious behavior, and it turns out in my case that bedside mode wasn't really turning itself off: I was falling victim to the random reboot issue - just in the middle of the night.

Go into Settings -> About -> Hardware and check your Boot Time.

My AT&T Z10 (STL100-3, Software 10.0.10.116, OS 10.0.10.822) will occasionally reboot itself in the wee hours while quietly charging & sitting on my nightstand!

I'm about to try my luck with the 10.1.0.1483 leak.

Hope it helps!

Scott

I don't understand why when you put it in lock in bedside mode it doesn't stay in lock. After a while the bedside mode screen comes back on. It would be a perfect solution if that didn't happen. I'd rather not have to put my z10 face down on anything.

Posted via CB10
    drb32856 likes this.
    04-29-13 08:59 AM
    When mine is in bedside it is very dim, It's almost to dim to see at night for me. Now my problem is I wish I could set what notifications I want at night. On the 9900 I made up a profile for night time so my phone would ring, I would get text and BBM so if I'm going to bed and know somebody is going to send me a bbm I have to not use bedside mode. Plus I have to make sure anybody that might send me a text or bbm at night because of something they now know they have to call me, sucks
    04-29-13 09:00 AM
    Thats the other problem with bedside mode, if it reboots at night my clock is gone. What was wrong with going into bedside mode if it was plugged in?
    04-29-13 09:02 AM
    +1. I always turn mine screen down.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:32 AM
    I like the clock at night (I prop it up towards me using a sunglass case) but it is stays bright unlike the 9930 that turned the back light all the way down
    04-29-13 10:02 AM
    Greetings,

I was seeing the same mysterious behavior, and it turns out in my case that bedside mode wasn't really turning itself off: I was falling victim to the random reboot issue - just in the middle of the night.

My AT&T Z10 (STL100-3, Software 10.0.10.116, OS 10.0.10.822) will occasionally reboot itself in the wee hours while quietly charging & sitting on my nightstand!

Hope it helps!

Scott
    I've been here before. Two exchanges later and I don't have this issue anymore. It's definitely is simply the bedside mode. No reboot.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:46 PM
    Now on my 9900 in bedside the light adjusted to the room light and was not bad but on my Z10 it seems to adjust some but is too low. How is it your is too bright?
    04-29-13 07:00 PM
    I don't like any light at all when I'm sleeping. At all. Any amount of light is too bright for me which is why I like using my phone as an alarm clock.

Plus when I pick it up and check it when the alarm goes off it wakes my brain up (reading the emails)

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:16 PM
    Do you know if there is any way to change the time zone it lists for boot time?

It's listed as CST, but hoping to change it to my time zone.

Thanks

Greetings,

Hope it helps!

Scott
    04-30-13 05:42 AM