I have been wrestling with this problem for a couple of weeks now and have come to realize it just doesn't work. My employer is a local government agency with a centralized network using MEAS. They use 2003 but is slowly converting to 2010. I don't why the Iphone, android and Playbook have no problem with 2003. My BB10 refuses to sync contacts with the server. Obviously all other manufactures, including BlackBerry, figured it out. Why the BB10 can't do it is a mystery to me. It only works when the account is deleted and setup again. Then the server and phone sync. This is frustrating. Beware to all those in my situation.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:34 PM
    I have the Z10 connected to a 2003 Exchange Server using ActiveSync and my contacts are synced over. I've also got my Playbook connected to the same server with no issues. Odd why you would have issues with the Z10.

So adding a new contact for you doesn't sync? Adding on Z10 or adding on your desktop client?

FYI - Blackberry makes the Z10...so yes they have figured it out.
    04-15-13 03:39 PM
    Not sure if this is universal truth but we have a similar setup and found both in reading comments on this site as well as in actual experience that you need to be sure that the Z10 only attempts to sync email and contacts. None of the other stuff, such as Tasks, will sync. When one of our people initially setup their Z10 with it trying to sync everything their contacts did not work. Once they unchecked everything but email and contacts everything was fine and has been fine for some time. We were using BESX before and really have no complaints with Active Sync for Exchange 2003 in terms of speed or reliability based on a few weeks of run time. Good luck!
    f_d likes this.
    04-15-13 03:42 PM
    To answer some of these questions, no entering contacts in either direction will only work for a short time after I delete and re - enter the account. It will not do it again. Yes I am aware the Playbook and Z10 are from BlackBerry. I guess it was my frustration that they made it work with one platform but not the other.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:56 PM
    I certainly do not have the answers to this mystery. But I do not believe I am the only one with this problem. I will try Gunner-az's idea. I welcome any others.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:59 PM
    Gunner-az's suggestion is actually how I have it setup on my z10. Just email and contacts are set to sync. Perhaps that's the issue and definitely a bug in that case. My tasks and memos never really synced over at all so I didn't bother with them.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:47 PM
    Hi guys, thus will be my first post regarding this problem. I have had this phone since their release. This is the only problem I'm having. I also use exchange 2003. I first had the contact not syncing problem. This was resolved by replacing my phone. Up until 2 wks ago my emails worked great. Then they started getting delayed up to 1 hr. They would show up on my computer and nothing on my phone. Over the weekend, my system completely locked me out. No matter how many times I tried to reinstall my account. It would connect and then disconnect. Today I restarted my server and I can connect again. Gmail works great. But I give up. How can I use a phone when I can't respond to my corporate emails. Someone, please help!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:00 PM
    An update: I followed gunner-az's method and had no luck. I also tried variations of his method and found that tasks will sync. So I am having success syncing email, calendar, and now tasks. My contacts however will not sync. Weird. All other aspects of the BB10 are fine. This is my only problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:35 PM
    Have you contacted BlackBerry support directly?? I reported some oddball behavior with sync between BB10 active sync and MS server 2010, and I believe that many other Z10 users have also reported issues. For instance, my categories in Outlook no longer have an equivalent field in BB10 contacts to latch on to, so they keep dropping out from their respective category in Outlook after I view or edit them on my Z10. This worked perfectly on my Bold 9900. Also, my BlackBerry Travel details used to insert themselves into my default calendar on my Bold9900, now they they land un what's called the local calendar and I can't sync them with my Z10's default calendar (active sync calendar).
    In a nutshell, BlackBerry Tech Support told me that corrections were being developed/tested and due for release in mid May. They confirmed that they did log my issues. Anyone else have a similar story or advice.

Posted by gliveron via CB10 on AT&T
    04-15-13 05:46 PM
    An update: I followed gunner-az's method and had no luck. I also tried variations of his method and found that tasks will sync. So I am having success syncing email, calendar, and now tasks. My contacts however will not sync. Weird. All other aspects of the BB10 are fine. This is my only problem.

Posted via CB10
    fortox,

Did you delete the email account and then create a new one with those settings? Was your Exchange server rebooted as well? I'm not an IT expert but had researched this prior to jumping in to purchase Z10's and knew that 2003 Exchange was not as well supported as newer revisions and the consensus amongst experts whose posts I read are reflected in what I stated above, which also worked for us in practice. Good luck in resolving this and, if it doesn't work out, I would agree that a call to tech support.
    04-15-13 05:59 PM
    Thank you gunner-az. I will try your approach. Unfortunately I cannot reboot the server. That is buried in the inner sanctum of our very large IT department. They don't seem to give a hoot about one guy with a BlackBerry. I will redo my phone account and update you. Appreciate your help.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:19 PM
    U may want to check if ur mailbox is corrupt. Since u don't have access to backup and delete ur mailbox perhaps u can archive all you email contact task and calendar items completely removing them from the server and then move ur contacts back along with only your future calendar itemss?

We had battery drain issues with one user and it his mailbox had issues. Backing up and then deleting and creating his mailbox fixed the issues. During this process I found 50 calendar items that didn't have a start or end date which the user said was from three years ago. No issues since.

One user on Telus had his calendar stop working along with contact issues. We wiped his phone and re set it up and it's working since then (1 week)m the rest of our phones are on rogers and haven't run into the same issue.

Bes 10, exchange 2003

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:10 PM
    I have no issues but we use office 360 so we are up to date with exchange

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:17 AM
    That's a 10-year-old platform, with one of the very earliest implementations of EAS, which is going to be officially unsupported within 12 months of today.

Regardless, the comparison charts I've seen that compare all the different EAS client implementations suggest that the BB10 implementation on W2K3 is one of the most complete of any vendor's including Microsoft themselves.

The charts don't have a column for "bugginess" though.
    04-17-13 01:30 AM
    Exchange 2003 out of the box didn't come with ActiveSync, it was added later and worked well for some devices and didn't work for others. If you are migrating to Exchange 2010 currently there is no point in using the very scaled down version in 2003, you might as well wait until 2010 is installed and everything is migrated.
    04-19-13 02:45 AM
    Are you using a self signed certificate? Is it a single server or front end with a back end?
    I ran into a problem with a self signed. Worked for almost a month, they just quit. So I disco'ed the account from my phone, installed the self signed root ca to my phone, re-set up the account on my phone and everything was smooth (no warning about cert).
    04-19-13 12:20 PM