BBWorld TV & Movie data usage
I don't have a Z10 yet but will in the next few months. In considering data plans, I'm wondering if anyone can share how much data they use to download or stream a movie? I would want to do this from time to time at the cottage where I do not have wifi.
- CrackBerry User
03-02-2013, 04:17 PM #2
- 99 Posts
Well that depends on what you are streaming. Very low quality videos may only take about 32 kilobytes per second and full BluRay quality video will take 200 times more than that. Most good quality HD videos start at about half a megabyte per second and streaming versions take less than that.
EDIT: Approximate YouTube bitrates can be found at http://adterrasperaspera.com/blog/20...utube-bitrates
EDIT 2: Official YouTube page: http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...answer=1722171
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
Last edited by overzeer; 03-02-2013 at 05:52 PM.
If I go to BBWorld on my computer I can see the size of an app I want to download, but this doesn't seem to be the case for tv or movies. Does it show the size of the movie or tv show if you browse BBWorld with a Z10? If not, how can one realistically determine how much data they're going to use? I suppose you have to get out a calculator?
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-03-2013, 01:24 AM #5
- 488 Posts
I downloaded an episode of the big bang theory and it was around 150mb. Haven't tried a movie yet but on the play book a movie was a round 2gb. Also I noticed by world will not allow you to download any file larger than 50mb without being connected to wifi.
Posted via CB10
- By Robm15 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 169Last Post: 04-25-2011, 03:09 PM
- By lkh380 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-22-2010, 06:29 PM
- By Mother Gooseberry in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-10-2007, 04:17 AM
- By Saeven in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-23-2007, 02:04 PM
- By madds007 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:55 PM