Want to clear this up. It seems that Mr Sims, BlackBerry president of global enterprise services, seemingly purposely floated the misleading idea that BlackBerry was working a wearable tech device. N4BB who broke the story has since retracted it and clarified that in fact that what Mr Sims was referring to was the fact that BlackBerry is investigating the use of BlackBerry services on wearables.

In the meantime the story in its incorrect form, has gotten legs of its own and is all over the net these past two days.

Question: BlackBerry seems to do this once in a while. They let a bit of misinformation out and then correct it a while later. Is this done intentionally? My theory is that they want to test market reactions and consumer sentiment to an idea before they make it official (and can't go back on it). Is this the case here?

Posted via CB10
    oystersourced likes this.
    09-12-14 05:39 PM
    No, I think people have a hard time comprehending the English language.

It was very clear to me, based on quotes attributed to him, that what he would love to see was BBM on a smart watch. It was definitely referring to a developer exploration, not a manufacturer's exploration.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-12-14 06:21 PM
    I concur. This is evidence of the degradation of the language skills present in society on average. It will only get worse, as our children's curriculum continues to eliminate things like cursive writing and preparation of letters.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 06:25 PM
    Seriously? bbm on weatables?

Nobody is using bbm these days.

If they are really exploring is cause they want all your messages and other notifications on the watch. BlackBerry Style.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 08:49 PM

If they are really exploring is cause they want all your messages and other notifications on the watch. BlackBerry Style.

Posted via CB10
    Well, it is their service/company division so to them BBM is still alive and the only one that matters. They can't exactly just throw their hands on the air and say, "ah well, no body is using BBM these days... so f*ck it, let's just develop for Whatsapp."

Posted via CB10
    gebco and app_Developer like this.
    09-12-14 09:13 PM
    Well, it is their service/company division so to them BBM is still alive and the only one that matters. They can't exactly just throw their hands on the air and say, "ah well, no body is using BBM these days... so f*ck it, let's just develop for Whatsapp."

Posted via CB10
    Smartwatches show all your notifications.

My current pebble shows bbm if I want to, it shows Geofencing, phone battery status, poor/good phone signal, calendar reminders, sms, email, music control, news, weather, twitter, etc. I only take my phone when I need to reply to a message or take an action.

Saying they are just experimenting with bbm is a total waste of time if true. Cause we sort of do it already, even if they improve it.

It will not make more people to use Bbm or BlackBerry devices.

What they should make sure is that there will be smartwatches that will connect and function properly/ smooth on BlackBerry devices .

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:37 PM
    What they should make sure is that there will be smartwatches that will connect and function properly/ smooth on BlackBerry devices .
    I think that's exactly what they meant (he just happened to use BBM as an example),.. rather than 'we are looking into making our own wearables'.
    09-13-14 12:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really??? Today I was at a Mini Cooper Breakfast with a handful of Mini owners...THREE OF THEM WITH ANDROIDS AND iPHONES DOWNLOADED BBM! I was there and helped them do it! They saw me upload a picture to my Channel (10,700+ subscribers and 157,000 views all in 4 months)! Others there are being now helped by those 3 to put BBM on their phones too. I guess your "nobody uses BBM" statement is all wet.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-13-14 07:49 PM
    Really??? Today I was at a Mini Cooper Breakfast with a handful of Mini owners...THREE OF THEM WITH ANDROIDS AND iPHONES DOWNLOADED BBM! I was there and helped them do it! They saw me upload a picture to my Channel (10,700+ subscribers and 157,000 views all in 4 months)! Others there are being now helped by those 3 to put BBM on their phones too. I guess your "nobody uses BBM" statement is all wet.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    So they did not have bbm until you helped them out.......maybe they deleted it right after? not being negative, just realistic.

I like my bbm. I spend more time I'm in it than on fb but mostly to see updates on bbm channels.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:02 PM