Just caught a glimpse of the new Chevy spark commercial and they are showing how the new Chevy myLink connects to your smartphone for Navigation and data connection. The BOOM is Chevy myLink runs on QNX. Is this what TH Was talking about when he spoke of devices communicating with other devices?

BBRY need to let the world know they are the brains behind the tech.

The slap in the face (self-inflicted) is it doesn't support BlackBerry only android and ios. SMH.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:02 AM
    Almost forgot the app it runs on is called Bring Go.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:03 AM
    Chevy MyLink has used QNX for years now.

Mobile Computing isn't just about cars. It's everything.. it's walking into your house and having your phone know that and displaying things on monitors without you doing anything. It's not needing your laptop any more because you're phone with a dock can handle it all. It's walking into your family members living room and connecting to their TV wirelessly to display a movie from your phone. It's doing more with your device with it being the central hub of making it all happen. Removing the unnecessary and doing more with, less.

PS: It also works with Android and iOS. Infotainment systems don't pay to be 'bias' - that's a sure way to lose the infotainment game. Ignore billions of users because of their choice smartphone. I'm sure you can see how utterly stupid that sounds.
    R Field and kyleheney like this.
    08-13-13 02:19 AM
    What I don't get is why MyLink doesn't interface with BB10 devices better. When my daughter came to visit, we took a drive and she paired her iPhone up to mine. There was much more integration there than with my Z10.

Does anyone know if it's better with 10.2? I've read there is improvement with some makes.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 12:23 AM
    BBRY need to let the world know they are the brains behind the tech.

The slap in the face (self-inflicted) is it doesn't support BlackBerry only android and ios. SMH.
    That would be the reason why they haven't bragged about accomplishments such as the one you mentioned.
    09-13-13 12:59 AM
    Exactly the point I was trying to make. I never once thought it would make sense to alienate ios or android, but where is the BB10 support?
    I would imagine that there would be deeper BB10 support.
    I never said exclusive support just deeper.
    I appreciate Bla1ze but I'm glad the rest of the crackberry community understands what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:22 AM
    I don't think marketing is in BlackBerry's to do list. Jk (:

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:45 AM