Do I understand correctly, from a post that I read in the past week (regretfully, I haven't found the specific post again which I'm sure was on Crackberry) that the video screen share function that we have had with our BBM on BlackBerry 10 devices for so long now is no longer going to be a free included feature? That to be able to use it we will have to subscribe to a feature package? And that it may only be available for enterprise? If this is true, it is very disappointing. Features that have not been clearly introduced as free trials should not be taken away. Please confirm that my understanding is wrong!

Most likely posted via CB10 from my amazing Z30, but may have been posted from my awesome PlayBook.
    11-15-14 10:53 AM
    I don't recall seeing any of this.

BBM Meetings is going to be a paid service, not BBM Video.
    11-15-14 11:24 AM
    Timed message and message recall are free now but will be placed in a premium subscription package in a few months. Perhaps that is what you read.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:19 PM
    Screen sharing is no longer available on BBM in later 10.3.1 versions. Instead you see the BBM Meetings icon, which also doesn't really work yet.

In Meetings you are supposed to be able to "present" what's on your screen, so maybe they figured this was a feature redundancy. Although, Meetings isn't exactly accessible to regular BBM users ($12/mo), and it's a bit tough to sign up for right now.

I think they decided to achieve feature parity the lazy way, by removing a feature only available on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:29 PM
    That would be crazy because I love to freak out iOS and Android users with this feature. Not to mention that it is actually a very useful feature ever so often.

Posted from the awesome Z30
    11-15-14 05:13 PM
    Seems like they just added back screen sharing! Screen cap coming soon.

Attachment 314751

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 11-15-14 at 09:16 PM.
    11-15-14 08:54 PM
    Seems like they just added back screen sharing! Screen cap coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    I hope they add it back! That was a big reason I got my parents on to BB10. Before when I tried to help them I had to connect them to their computer via tiny controller, & then do remote assistance to that computer.

I was quite confused the other day when I asked my mom to screen-share & she wasn't able to (I had just upgraded her to 10.3.1)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBPandy; 11-15-14 at 09:45 PM.
    11-15-14 09:26 PM
    Double post...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:45 PM
    I hope they add it back! That was a big reason I got my parents on to BB10. Before when I tried to help them I had to connect them to their computer via tiny controller, & then do remote assistance to that computer.

I was quite confused the other day when I asked my mom to screen-share & she wasn't able to (I had just upgraded her to 10.3.1)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, same here with my mom.

Really surprised to see it back today. Video called yesterday and I know for sure that it wasn't there.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:37 PM
    Because BlackBerry only cares about enterprise now, we're lucky we can still use BBM! Wait till you lose message retraction and timed messages.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 05:53 AM
    Yeah, same here with my mom.

Really surprised to see it back today. Video called yesterday and I know for sure that it wasn't there.

Posted via CB10
    As I recall, you had to start a BBM Video call, then share the screen. So, easy to think the feature was gone.

Because BlackBerry only cares about enterprise now, we're lucky we can still use BBM! Wait till you lose message retraction and timed messages.

Posted via CB10
    You "they don't care about us" brigate are getting tiresome. Arguments like this only make it more obvious none of you can grasp the concept of a company that needs to stay working.
    11-16-14 11:09 AM
    As I recall, you had to start a BBM Video call, then share the screen. So, easy to think the feature was gone.
    No no, it's gone. I've done a number of screen-shares B4, I know how to do them....I just hope it comes back

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 02:07 PM
    Nah, I was doing video calls all last week and it was definitely not there at all. They took it away and added it back, I'm 100% positive.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 02:39 PM