Yes you're completely correct, 100% and I'm wrong.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.537 (1925)
    He is indeed. For a very good explanation read the FAQs on Threema's website.
    02-24-14 04:34 PM
    He is indeed. For a very good explanation read the FAQs on Threema's website.
    No need, I get it. IPhone baaaad, BlackBerry gooood.

02-24-14 06:14 PM
    No need, I get it. IPhone baaaad, BlackBerry gooood.

Chill man.
    Why did you take it personally?
    You have your facts and they have theirs.
    It's not a knowledge contest. It is being a member in a forum.
    You argue constructively in order to come up to the closest to the truth.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    Last edited by akavbb; 02-25-14 at 10:14 PM.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    02-24-14 10:24 PM
    This is normal. Due to a limitation of iOS, the message is only fully delivered when the app is open.

iOS has very poor headless app support and can only do very basic stuff in the background (like updating the content from a feed). It can't run decryption algorithms. For this reason, BBM on iOS works slightly different than BBM on BlackBerry and Android. It sends a preview message in plain text which appears in the notification centre and when you open the app it will request the full encrypted message.
    That's all fine and good, but my friends don't have any notification problems with WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:38 PM
    Chill man.
    Why did you take it personally?
    You have your facts and they have theirs.
    It's not a knowledge contest. It is bring a member in a forum.
    You argue constructively in order to come up to the closest to the truth.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    Yeah I usually do(your last line). I only take it personally when its delivered that way. Would you recommend starting a response with "clearly you don't know what your talking about"? I certainly wouldn't. Check my history to see how my responses have been. I guess I'm in the small group that speaks here exactly as I would face to face. Thanks for the input, I won't waste anymore of the forums time carrying this on. Cheers.

akavbb likes this.
    02-24-14 11:12 PM
    I haven't read this entire thread as I am tired, but from what I know Blackberry and iPhones both multitask in different ways. With BlackBerry legacy devices and BB10 devices BBM is always running whether it has an active frame or not it is integrated with the OS and makes sending and receiving bbm mesaages quick and reliable. IOS on the other hand gives you the option to close down the app and shut it off from multitasking slash running in the background. When this is done iPhone users won't be promptly notified with incoming bbm notifications. This I believe is part Blackberry and part Apples fault. Both companies have their reasoning for choosing to operate as such and that is just what it is for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 11:30 PM
    OK this is what I have noticed over the years, when I had iPhone whatsapp didn't always send messages and give me the delivered sign right away too. Don't know for sure if that's because the app was closed or not but it wasn't always instant either.. but now that I have got z30 I have deleted my whatsapp account and am getting people on bbm instead. So while I cannot comment on current whatsapp versions, I can compare bbmx tho.

Sometime bb-bb can be delayed too, but I find if I ping people it usually pushes it quicker if it is stalled on just a check mark, maybe coincidence I dunno.

I made a bbm account for my iPhone specifically for this reason so I can test it out x-platform.

-If only check mark, their app is closed but message preview still shows up on lock screen
    -If D than their app is open in background
    -If R than they obviously have read it

Most people I ask say they get the message no problem and usually reply in a timely manner. But one of my friends with iPhone doesn't always get all the messages.. it seems that since bbm2.0 everything seems to be working more smoothly though

Testing voice note, glympse, and bbm voice it all seems to work great although I have not tried any of those on a group.

I have not changed any of the default settings after installing on my iPhone and every time I decide to send some test messages to my iPhone bbm it works every time, so I don't get why some iPhone users claim to have push issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 12:03 AM
    That's all fine and good, but my friends don't have any notification problems with WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    Because WhatsApp on iOS receives messages in plain text. No decryption happening in the background.
    02-25-14 02:36 AM
    Because WhatsApp on iOS receives messages in plain text. No decryption happening in the background.
    I fail to see how getting notified of a message, then seeing that there is no message in the actual app has to do with encryption and decryption.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:31 AM
    Good thread ...sending to apple friends now.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:54 AM
    BBM problems (iOS friends)-img_20140225_164727_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryNerd likes this.
    02-25-14 03:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you don't get notifications at all then you need to check your notification center, sometimes BBM notifications are set to Off in the notification center which causes the issue you are experiencing, but what I was talking about earlier only causes the D and grey tick issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:19 AM
    Actually Whatsapp has the same issue, if you close Whatsapp from the background apps and someone sent you a message, they will only get one tick not two until you open whatsapp again, they will get the second tick right away when you open Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:21 AM
    Actually Whatsapp has the same issue, if you close Whatsapp from the background apps and someone sent you a message, they will only get one tick not two until you open whatsapp again, they will get the second tick right away when you open Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't know that. That means it does have encryption on iOS.
    02-26-14 07:49 AM
    Didn't know that. That means it does have encryption on iOS.
    I don't really know about the encryption part but I do know that what I said above happens every single time.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 11:10 AM
40 12