Hey guys and girls,

I have the following problem:

Whenever I turn on my Blackberry it loads the past BBM messages but it always rings even though I have turned off all notifications. Furthermore this problem sometimes also occurs during the day (i.e. vibrating oder ringing) and I have not found any solutions yet! This is very annoying especially when you are in a meeting!

Do you have any solutions for this (i already reinstalled the whole OS)?

Thx
    03-02-14 12:31 PM
    Hey guys and girls,

Whenever I turn on my Blackberry it loads the past BBM messages but it always rings even though I have turned off all notifications. Furthermore this problem sometimes also occurs during the day (i.e. vibrating oder ringing) and I have not found any solutions yet! This is very annoying especially when you are in a meeting!

Thx
    I have a solution, probably not the solution you were hoping for, but if its only bothersome in the meeting setting, just set the phone into airplane mode during meetings until you can find a viable solution if one is not found before then… But I hope you get a true fix
    03-02-14 01:23 PM
    Hello,

I�m having the exactly same problem with my Q10. The odd thing is, that this doesn�t happen all the time. It�s impossible to reproduce the problem �

I also tried to setup my phone from scratch, without using my backup. This doesn�t help also
    Last edited by reneSc; 03-02-14 at 02:18 PM.
    03-02-14 01:55 PM
    This is not a notification issue for me, but what is is the BBM app itself, when I tap the update icon it flips out at times twitchy screen and also freezes

Z10 all they way!
    03-02-14 02:10 PM
    Bbm has always been a little twitchy with notifications on every platform.

I really hope they sort this out.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    03-02-14 02:12 PM
    Bbm has always been a little twitchy with notifications on every platform.

I really hope they sort this out.

I don’t have problems with notifications on my iPhone using BBM, only my Q10 acts bullish
    03-02-14 02:23 PM
    Was able to silence the group notifications.

Go to the group then 3 dot, group settings turn off show chats in hub. I believe this will allow the current notification settings to work correctly.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 07:35 AM
    Hey guys and girls,

Thx

Go to the group then 3 dot, group settings turn off show chats in hub. I believe this will allow the current notification settings to work correctly.

Posted via CB10
    manniiiii likes this.
    03-04-14 07:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah this works with blackberries only.

03-04-14 09:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    But that’s a poor workaround IMHO. What if I’d like to have the group notifications in the Hub?
    03-07-14 07:31 AM
    But that’s a poor workaround IMHO. What if I’d like to have the group notifications in the Hub?
    That's just the nature of a workaround. You have to decide what's more important to you. The band-aid fix that mutes the group like you want or the fact that you can see the group notifications in your hub.

First, be thankful then inform BlackBerry directly via the various means available to you. Try Twitter, Beta Zone App, BlackBerry discussion forum, the idea creator(icanmakeitbetter). CB is great but it's also the indirect approach.

That being said, did the workaround work for you?
    03-07-14 07:55 AM
    I am trying to change BBM's notification, but it doesn't allow me to do it. Look at the image below. Any idea on how to fix this?
    BBM notification bug?!-img_20140307_090017.png

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    Attached Thumbnails BBM notification bug?!-img_20140307_090530.png  
    03-07-14 08:14 AM
    That's just the nature of a workaround. You have to decide what's more important to you. The band-aid fix that mutes the group like you want or the fact that you can see the group notifications in your hub.

First, be thankful then inform BlackBerry directly via the various means available to you. Try Twitter, Beta Zone App, BlackBerry discussion forum, the idea creator(icanmakeitbetter). CB is great but it's also the indirect approach.

That being said, did the workaround work for you?
    1) Why should I be thankful for something that doesn't work for me?
    2) I provided feedback at icanmakeitbetter.com
    3) After this poor solution isn't a solution for me, I didn't try it.

This is just a fu***ing bug! The same fu***ing bug as the 5+ minute booting time in the latest Q10 firmware. I know, the workaround for this is to disable the SIM security
    03-07-14 02:33 PM
    1) Why should I be thankful for something that doesn't work for me?
    2) I provided feedback at icanmakeitbetter.com
    3) After this poor solution isn't a solution for me, I didn't try it.

This is just a fu***ing bug! The same fu***ing bug as the 5+ minute booting time in the latest Q10 firmware. I know, the workaround for this is to disable the SIM security
    Don't get upset it's not that serious lol.... It's a workaround not a fix. If you can't live with that then wait till its updated or resolved.
    03-07-14 02:46 PM