Tescomobile.ie don't do BIS, that's why they say BBM isn't working on their network.

But why doesn't it work with BB10?
    Everything else going smoothly!

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2141

Appreciate any help

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:49 AM
    BBM doesn't require BIS.
    Does BBM work at all for any contacts? Do you have a data plan?
    03-14-14 12:03 PM
    Yeah sure 1Gb of data payg
    BBM actually only works over wifi, with everybody
    w/o wifi I can't send anything and won't receive. To nobody
    I get this red sign, it's supposed to be a clock I think

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by michaelrsg; 03-20-14 at 01:08 AM.
    03-14-14 12:09 PM
    Do you see the BlackBerry logo next to the signal strength bars when not on wi-fi?

Can you load BlackBerry.net in your browser?

How about https://blackberry.net

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 04:31 PM
    Do you see the BlackBerry logo next to the signal strength bars when not on wi-fi?

Can you load BlackBerry.net in your browser?

How about https://blackberry.net

Posted via CB10
    You are right, without wifi I'm not having the BlackBerry logo. When loading https://blackberry.net I get "Site identity not verifiable", http://blackberry.net redirects to BlackBerry.com

So BB10 still relies on BIS for certain features? I don't get it, at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 06:09 AM
    What I don't get, either, is the fact that BBM works fine on Android with data over mobile network. Without WiFi!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 06:19 AM
    On bb10 the BlackBerry logo is shown when the device is able to connect to the servers that provide BlackBerry services like BBM, Protect etc.

I suspect that your carrier is not just not providing BIS, but is blocking access to the servers that support BIS, and as a side effect blocking BBM on BB10. I further suspect you won't get Protect to find your BlackBerry unless you are on wi-fi.

There are two reasons why BBM would work on Android and iOS. They could be supported by different servers, or by a different APN.

The next thing I would try is find out what the APN used by Android and iPhone on your carrier and see if you can change your BlackBerry to use it. Settings, Networks, Mobile Network, APN at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    michaelrsg likes this.
    03-15-14 11:33 AM
    On bb10 the BlackBerry logo is shown when the device is able to connect to the servers that provide BlackBerry services like BBM, Protect etc.

I suspect that your carrier is not just not providing BIS, but is blocking access to the servers that support BIS, and as a side effect blocking BBM on BB10. I further suspect you won't get Protect to find your BlackBerry unless you are on wi-fi.

There are two reasons why BBM would work on Android and iOS. They could be supported by different servers, or by a different APN.

The next thing I would try is find out what the APN used by Android and iPhone on your carrier and see if you can change your BlackBerry to use it. Settings, Networks, Mobile Network, APN at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Richard for your efforts.
    I double checked the APN on both devices with the same SIM-Card, they are identical.

Opening https:// blackberry.net and accepting the certificate brings me again to blackberry.com

Customer Support can't help, they keep saying that they neither support BIS nor devices they don't sell. They don't sell BB10...

What is weird though, I tried to BBM Voice and BBM Video and it seems to work.
    But still no IM

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 01:45 PM
    Sorry we haven't found a solution.

The BlackBerry.net address is used by the device to test wi-fi connections. I'm not sure it is used on wireless too, but it was a reasonable assumption. If you just fetch the root page from there you will with out following redirects (use wget or telnet if you know how) you will see the same page as when you log into a hotspot. If the BlackBerry can't get that page it complains about wi-fi access being limited and won't short the BlackBerry logo.

Posted via CB10
    michaelrsg likes this.
    03-15-14 02:49 PM
    Thanks Richard. I believe there is no solution to this problem. It doesn't work, unfortunately.
    Thank you very much for your insights and assistance!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:30 PM
    This sounds strange, Tesco mobile I'd just resold O2, in Ireland. I'm with 3 that has no BIS and BBM works great on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:50 PM
    Thanks Richard. I believe there is no solution to this problem. It doesn't work, unfortunately.
    Thank you very much for your insights and assistance!

Posted via CB10
    I have the exact same problem and I have pretty much given up.
    03-17-14 02:44 AM
    I have the exact same problem and I have pretty much given up.
    This sounds strange, Tesco mobile I'd just resold O2, in Ireland.
    Yep, it's just resold O2 but they actively block BBM for BB10 and older devices. And all other BlackBerry services which relied on BIS.

No service whatsoever, contacted them several times.

Given up, too.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 03:26 AM